Melbourne Football

Wishlist for change for 2014/2015 and beyond

alexiano

I thought I'd post on what you'd like to see change, and what you'd like to keep given Heart is now 'in the money'.

Please keep the discussions of names and colours out of this as there is more than enough heated argument in another thread.

Make it like a Santa's list and if possible one topic per post. That way its a concise thread and vote/like for ones you agree with so we can see popular wishes.

I'll start it off by saying..... Owning AAMI Park and forcing Victory out (or at least make them pay rent). AAMI park would be just for Heart and Storm.

Along with a dedicated Heart merch store at the front

Edited by alexiano
  • Like 1

- A good coach with a proven track record

- Proper adverting campaigns. And lots of them too

- Club officials that understand the meaning and importance of professionalism

- DESIRE TO SUCCEED 

Along with a dedicated Heart merch store at the front

Most of the other things I want (good training grounds, etc) it looks like we are already going to get

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

It's not really a big money item, but I would like to see an independent website and a decent one, rather than those shitty template sites all the teams have now.

Was discussing this the other day. Do we still have to use the approved FFA format? Or have we just not updated?

It's not really a big money item, but I would like to see an independent website and a decent one, rather than those shitty template sites all the teams have now.

Was discussing this the other day. Do we still have to use the approved FFA format? Or have we just not updated?

no idea. I'm assuming we have to use the FFA format, but also wouldn't be surprised if we just haven't updated it.

Where to start:

* New executive team and influx of new employees in key areas.

* More professionalism

* A desire to be the best

* A new website

* New state of the art training complex in central Melbourne

* New apparel sponsor (Nike or Adidas)

* A new coach with known ability to play the way we want and bring success

* A new Football Manager with proven success

* Money spent on advertising our brand across Victoria

* Establishment of elite Academy

* Improved match day festivities in and around stadium

* Cheaper memberships to bring people to the club (South being totally "active" cheap memberships for this for example)

* Improved food and beverage options at our home stadium

* Merchandise to be sold expanded - More variety and bigger choice

* Game against Manchester City in Melbourne

* More fan forums and fan interaction from key staff.

* Members after game functions return after every home match

* Club to provide away facilities (i.e deals on flights, transportation, accommodation etc)

• Like 6

no idea. I'm assuming we have to use the FFA format, but also wouldn't be surprised if we just haven't updated it.

Some AFL clubs use the standard template and some use their own thing. The issue with that is if we were to go down our own path, we'd have to make sure that we have enough content to justify it at all times. Shouldn't be a problem, if we fill any gaps with a weekly MC, NYC and perhaps a Storm wrap during the winter. The thing about those template sites is that either the league or the club can add whatever league related stories are on the main website with the click of a button and with the templates, they're simple enough that pretty much anyone at the club would be able to add content, after taking a one hour training course.

For me, number one is a training base that is instantly the best in the A-League, or at least as good as anything anyone else has got. I want an Australian U23 marquee player. I want to make a big splash with an international marquee signing; a guy who makes everyone sit up and say 'Yep, that's one of the best recruits in the history of the A-League.' Not sure if that would mean the end of Engelaar; hopefully we could retain him, if he continues to find touch for the rest of the season. And I want Kewell to stay on.

All clubs use the same currently

Im agreeing with Most of the above - so ill give a thumbs up rather than likes to the list below.

1, Owning AAMI Park and forcing Victory out -AAMI park would be just for Heart and Storm. =

"HOME OF THE HEART" (& storm )

2, Dedicated Heart merch store at the front = ITS NECESSARY

3, Independent website and a decent one, = YEP, REQUIRES IMPROVING 

4, Gosches paddock bought out with a massive training venue set up with melbourne heart - MHFC Training ground =

A  TRAINING     VENUE     THERE   -  WOULD BE A BIG + 

5, Improved food and beverage options at our home stadium =

THE ONE THING THAT IS BETTER AT SHITIHAD= NANDO'S :)

6, Members after game functions return after every home match=

I DO MISS THIS, BUT THEN AGAIN IT ONLY USED TO BE ENJOYABLE WHEN WE WON !!

7,Some decent practice matches =

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE / ASIA / AMERICAS / HEART - In a sort of Westpac / Emirates / AAMI sponsored cup.

THIS IS SUCCESSFUL IN MOST COUNTRY'S PRE SEASON  

A good idea for a thread Alexiano - the   name / colours thread is now very boring.

Id like The upper sections open at aami, Id also like them to be GA

Id like cheaper reserved Seating categories (Read competitive with MV)

Id like souvlakis available, and possible gravy for the chips

Id like to win more than we lose.

Would like to see us back in front of the Derby win/loss tally 

Id like a sellout game at the MCG in May

That will satisfy me next year  

im with ya on all bar the last one = i couldn't give a ... about Football at MCG 

Great idea for a thread.

Plenty of what I want the club seem to be going to do (and beyond my expectations). Anyway this a list to get going with:

• A training facility suitable for elite players
  • An academy the envy of the country
  • A W League team
  • Return the club to its original values of playing attractive football and encouraging younger players
  • Sufficient coaching staff to provide a career path for up and coming coaches
  • Sophisiticated medical facilites
  • Expand the excellent community relations work we do so that every kid who is any good wants to play for Melbourne Heart
  • Expand the excellent "coach the coach" work
  • Stop selling Derby seats in the home end to Tards
  • Manage the player list in a professional manner
  • Don't sell young players for the income
  • Improve the range of merchandise, include training and running tops
  • Have pre-season games that are of a high enough standard to prepare the players for the season to come
  • Have games in the off season against big name foreign clubs
  • Sponsor a local cup competition to raise our profile
  • Win some %^$&* games at home
  • Like 1

im with ya on all bar the last one = i couldn't give a ... about Football at MCG 

I've vowed to never again go to football at an AFL ground such as the MCG. If you're anywhere in the front of the lower tier by the time they put the advertising hoardings around the playing area a large section of the playing surface is obscured from view.

I've never been in the front few rows behind the goals at AAMI Park but I would imagine that if you are seated there you would have the same issue but to a lesser extent.

Was in the front row on the wing at the international against Saudi Arabia(?) at AAMI Park and had an argument with a bloody Fox cameraman who was bobbing up and down in front of us all the time. Spoilt the game for us.

. The thing about those template sites is that either the league or the club can add whatever league related stories are on the main website with the click of a button and with the templates, they're simple enough that pretty much anyone at the club would be able to add content, after taking a one hour training course.

I am sick of my current job, Maybe I should see if they want to start up Melbourne "Whatever" FC TV.

. The thing about those template sites is that either the league or the club can add whatever league related stories are on the main website with the click of a button and with the templates, they're simple enough that pretty much anyone at the club would be able to add content, after taking a one hour training course.

I am sick of my current job, Maybe I should see if they want to start up Melbourne "Whatever" FC TV.

that would actually be kinda cool. I can't say I care about watching Man city and NYC programs, but if they have a little program on us on the man city tv (I'm assuming they have something like it) it would be cool to know people are the world are taking interest in melbourne.

I want team list stability.

Every season it seems we turf out about 15 players and it gets difficult to get consistency on the pitch. For some bizarre reason whcih fully escapes me, apparently Kalmar and Hoffman are the two longest serving players we have.

I am resigned to the fact that there will be a large turnover at the end of the season once again but at least I can see the necessecity for it.

Great idea for a thread.

Plenty of what I want the club seem to be going to do (and beyond my expectations). Anyway this a list to get going with:

• A training facility suitable for elite players
  • An academy the envy of the country
  • A W League team
  • Return the club to its original values of playing attractive football and encouraging younger players
  • Sufficient coaching staff to provide a career path for up and coming coaches
  • Sophisiticated medical facilites
  • Expand the excellent community relations work we do so that every kid who is any good wants to play for Melbourne Heart
  • Expand the excellent "coach the coach" work
  • Stop selling Derby seats in the home end to Tards
  • Manage the player list in a professional manner
  • Don't sell young players for the income
  • Improve the range of merchandise, include training and running tops
  • Have pre-season games that are of a high enough standard to prepare the players for the season to come
  • Have games in the off season against big name foreign clubs
  • Sponsor a local cup competition to raise our profile
  • Win some %^$&* games at home

Stop selling Derby seats in the home end to Tards = 100 %  agreement Fella 

Get the squad together early and have a stiff pre-season and win the matches against A-League sides.

Don't want FFA to waste a derby on the first match of the season.

Would love to see us have a home match to start the season and get away to a good start with a convincing win.

10% discount on season-tickets for Foundation Members (self-interest here!).

No ticket offers during the season that undercut those who committed for the full season.

Don't make GA members pay to reserve a seat for home derbies.

Restore home derby matches to country memberships.

Those with reserved seat season tickets to get their normal seats if we play a home final.

Heart HQ to have the decency to acknowledge all written communications including e-mails.

A proper match announcer who doesn't scream, welcomes the visiting team, officials and supporters, and then welcomes the home supporters, reads out the correct teams with their numbers, introduces the officials. At half-time deal with club announcements and news.

Get rid of music during the match.

Give supporters an opportunity to welcome any new players and farewell anyone leaving. At the very least show a short video on the big screen.

Heart players to acknowledge the Heart fans at the end of every match by going to all four sides of the pitch.

Play and sing the club song at the end of the match when we win.

Probably a lot more but I can't think of it.

• Like 3