Melbourne Football

MVFC signs Besart Berisha

AntiScum

Signed for MVFC next season.

Just fold our fucking excuse of a club.

you snooze you lose ...... 

Shambolic club to say the least!! 

You do realise that he has signed as MVFC's Marquee?

Maybe we want another player as our International Marquee?

Yes, we have our gun, even if he isn't a marquee......he is called Misfire!!!....has the ability to get into offside positions better than any other player in the A-League.

This puts more pressure on the board (old or new) to get their act together if they want to try and create a viable second club in this town.

So far this club has drawn blanks from all angles!!!!!

FFS, so much crazy panic here it's hilarious.

Yes, it's a brilliant signing for them and he's a player we'd all like to have but do you honestly believe our current ownership would have even considered chasing this dude with one foot out the door? We may end up signing an even better striker next season, who knows.

Getting upset about next season is pointless, we still need to live through this one. One day at a time lads.

• Like 2

ITT: So much butt-hurt and jealousy.

Dw, SFC and MVFC are going to hell, gluttony is a sin, apparently...

Butthurt and Jealousy??? :unsure:

1. I have always hated this bloke -Those who stand in Rooster Kop are well aware of this fact.

2. Who's to say that Big Orlando does not turn the league apart in his next ten games and shows why his a much better option as an International Marquee for next season.

• Like 2

1. I have always hated this bloke -Those who stand in Rooster Kop are well aware of this fact.

2. Who's to say that Big Orlando does not turn the league apart in his next ten games and shows why his a much better option as an International Marquee for next season.

Agree. We don't need a MARQUEE striker. We just need a good striker. Would prefer a dominant Engelaar and really good striker than a marquee striker and weaker midfield. 

Agree. We don't need a MARQUEE striker. We just need a good striker. Would prefer a dominant Engelaar and really good striker than a marquee striker and weaker midfield. 

The reality is that the club is currently in Limbo.

We dont know who our next permanent coach will be next Season or our New Owners.

I guess the only thing we do know is that there will be high player turn over again prior to next Season.

Therefore MVFC filling their International Marquee spot with Berisha (Who I concede despite my hate is good player) is not the worst news in the world.

I mentioned Orlando before, but another situation down the track could be us choosing between a player like Holt or Berisha...

Shit thread title.

What would you prefer?

Ambition. Sometimes it's all you want as a fan.

You go on about how you want a change of owners - And I agree its the biggest thing this club needs.

So if Siddle and Co are trying to sell the club they are obviously not going to start trying to sign International Marquees for future seasons are they?

You cant have it both ways.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

Shit thread title.

What would you prefer?

Ambition. Sometimes it's all you want as a fan.

You go on about how you want a change of owners - And I agree its the biggest thing this club needs).

So if Siddle and Co are trying to sell the club they are obviously not going to start trying to sign International Marquees for future seasons are they?

You cant have it both ways.

I guess the immediate question is "are they really trying?"

As far as I can see the "non-sale" of the club means that we are, as you said, completely in bloody limbo. We're not getting rid of any deadwood (except Macallister, who fortunately went of his own accord), we're not signing anyone (even a guest player), and we don't appear to be visibly seeking a new manager. Our CEO gets into a childish twitter spat, and our football manager spends half his interview time talking about the coach we sacked a few weeks ago. We're still 9 points adrift at the bottom of the league. And IMO there's zero communication with the supporters of this club.

We do not appear to be moving forward on any front, while all the other clubs appear to be doing so.

• Like 1

TBH i dont see how Berisha fits into their current system.  so for me that leaves the visitors with two options;

(1) go back to their old 'kick n rush' style since they dont really have the midfielders who know how to play the ball through to Berisha properly, or

(2) the visitors remain their big headed selves and try to make Berisha fit. 

either way I think win-win for us unless they manage to recruit a shite load of decent ball playing mids.  Milligan, for all his problems at international level, can play the part locally.  Broxham and the rest tho are shit.  

and with that Mutt still in charge I think any changes towards playing an actual centre forward will reflect the way he played - lots of aimless long balls.

so as i said, win win for us.  they will either play like shite with their current formation and their fans will crack it (much to our pleasure after all the taunts this season), or they will actually play shit football and lose fans.

Edited by mattyh001