Melbourne Football

Song after goals

the song that is played after (if) we score is the biggest mood killer and makes me want to sit down and not celebrate, it doesn't work for sport and it needs to be changed or have no song at all IMO. Should have some pumping up music like Wolfmother or some shit idc but it needs to gooo. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq1w0syylZI

I'm really starting to dislike So Happy Together and I think the goal song is just terrible.

IMO we need to change almost everything.

I emailed David a while back regarding these. He told me that about half way through the season (so very soon) they would review all of the above, and IMO, everything will change.

The club themselves do not see SHT lasting very long fwiw

Edited by Demon_Heart
  • Like 2

Goal song is pure shit..... Scrap it now. James brown at football? NBA maybe

Let supporters make noise.

Honestly seeing a ball bounce off a face of our players landing in the net makes me want to cry not dance.

As for happy together .... No one is happy ATM.

I hope new owners will go to basics, scrap the lot and concentrate on the game instead of covering pathetic displays if pseudo football with copious amount of cheese like the current mob.

• Like 2

SHT should stay.

Absolutely. This was not some song that the club has come up with and rammed down our throats. Quite the opposite actually. This was a fan lead initiative where a group worked very hard to make sure this happened and are still working hard to make sure it stays.

As for the goal song. Yeah, not feeling it

• Like 1

I like SHT and hope it stays, but I personally am not feeling having a goal song, should scrap it altogether.

Our reaction to scoring should be simple, go fucking mental and start singing again, we don't need James Brown drowning that out.

• Like 1

Something that is irking me are the previous weeks highlights on the big screen before kickoff. At least only show our highlights, i dont want to see Victory goals right before we play, ffs!

Yeah. You would think we would play some kind of hype up video, something that gets us excited and proud to be a part of this club. But, you know conceding three soft goals against our rivals and one for us that bounced off our players face. Why not eh?

Something that is irking me are the previous weeks highlights on the big screen before kickoff. At least only show our highlights, i dont want to see Victory goals right before we play, ffs!

Agree. You would think we would be playing a highlight reel of us putting goals past the visitors in previous derby's before we play them and a package of A-league highlights before other games.

since we changing things I believe ticker should go too

Replace him with some one a bit more ....spicy

when we score a goal he would run up to the opposition bench and do this.....

post-3296-0-13237900-1388668132_thumb.jp

Edited by Jestr

This song business irritates me. It just goes around in circles.

Before going any further, the club needs to decide who these songs/tunes are actually for. Are they for the club, the players, the fans? 

If for the club, then the club can decide what songs it wants and for when, and my guess is that no-one will take a blind bit of notice of them.

If for the players, then as the players rotate through the club we'll have a different selection every season, and once again my guess is that no-one will take a blind bit of notice.

If for the fans, then let the fans decide. And then leave things alone. Then IMO there's a reasonable chance it will catch on.

The other thing that irritates me is that whoever is in charge of the audio can't get their timing right. FFS spend a $1000 in a sound studio or whatever, fix the song up so it's the appropriate length, has the good bits and leaves out the lousy bits, and has the appropriate words, and then we might have a chance of being...

...so happy together.

At the moment, just like many other things, it is a f******* shambles.

I don't think I can wait that long to have a beer bought for me by an anonymous youth on an Internet forum.

Just think how good it'll be when you forget and then some acne covered adolescent comes up with his seemingly helium altered voice and goes here ya go mate! I promise I'll never question such a good club song again

The other thing that irritates me is that whoever is in charge of the audio can't get their timing right. FFS spend a $1000 in a sound studio or whatever, fix the song up so it's the appropriate length, has the good bits and leaves out the lousy bits, and has the appropriate words, and then we might have a chance of being...

...so happy together.

I think you are on the wrong forum man. This is for Heart fans. You must be confusing us with a different club

If it was up to me I would get rid of an after goal song altogether and let the fans be heard. As for SHT I would get rid of it too as it is copying Celtic's JCGE just like Victory copies Liverpool's YNWA with Stand by me. We need like a pumping up song like Lose Yourself that will be great to sing right before kickoff IMO.

Lmao what's wrong with that bro better than SHT they gotta stop using these shity poofy old songs and trying to turn them into football ballads it has only worked with YMWA. If there's gonna be a song before kickoff make it something good.

Rofl 'shitty old poofy songs'. Are you taking the piss? So happy together is great, i admit when it started i didn't like it, but it has really grown on me.

I can imagine that you would rather something like will sparks? We have to sing a slow song otherwise we'll sound like a rave singing a faster song.

Lmao what's wrong with that bro better than SHT they gotta stop using these shity poofy old songs and trying to turn them into football ballads it has only worked with YMWA. If there's gonna be a song before kickoff make it something good.

Rofl 'shitty old poofy songs'. Are you taking the piss? So happy together is great, i admit when it started i didn't like it, but it has really grown on me.

I can imagine that you would rather something like will sparks? We have to sing a slow song otherwise we'll sound like a rave singing a faster song.

I can imagine that you would rather something like will sparks? We have to sing a slow song otherwise we'll sound like a rave singing a faster song. So it didnt work with Blue Moon?

Please can u go and Very Poorly Troll elsewhere...

I can imagine that you would rather something like will sparks? We have to sing a slow song otherwise we'll sound like a rave singing a faster song.So it didnt work with Blue Moon?

Please can u go and Very Poorly Troll elsewhere...

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried to sing so happy together but still struggling to get into it. Not the easiest song to sing as a group and make it loud at the same time. I know the audio on the speakers is quite loud and should be turned down, but more often than not I can barely hear Yarraside sing it and I'm seated on that half of the pitch.

Edited by n i k o