Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

It just sort of come across as people getting ready for a fight nobody started is all. Probably not a great welcome. Almost could be taken as people saying they prefer the previous administration before the new guys have even sat down.

Just on this, I know you are behind the campaign, and I for one thank you for the support. However, I also agree with what you are getting at here. If you've any suggestions as to how else we can make it clear that we don't have any issues with CFG/Manchester City, that would be great. We certainly don't want to give the impression that we aren't grateful for what they can provide, just that we love the core identity we have now and don't want to lose it.

• Like 2

I know there wasn't speculation about moving. I was joking.

All I am saying is that the campaign is coming off as perhaps being a tad too aggressive and if those who feel that staying red and white is the highest priority moving forward for the club, you may find that you are a minority.

Edited by KSK_47

I want to see us retain our own identity and be a success. No Mini-Man City thank you.

But what you need to realize is that we are a small part of the man city group regardless of the badge, name or colours. Our identity as it was, is gone. It left when sidwel and Co decided they couldn't deliver what they promised and sold the club before it was even given a chance to develop.I can accept being owned by the same people as man city and being part of their group but I can't handle us being a direct copy of Manchester City in Melbourne.That's fair enough. And there is little to no evidence suggesting that we will be anything like a mini man city. In fact looking at ny so far, I suspect we will be nothing like a mini man city.There is little evidence suggesting we won't be a mini Man City so all the resistance you see is people letting CFG that we don't want to be a mini Man City while all that is still in the air.We better protest a move to China because there is no evidence to suggest that won't be happening either.

Seriously though I just think people are getting way too fired up about about something that has only come about through media speculation.

As mentioned I am behind the campaign and will be wearing red and white. Just think the comments about burning memberships and never coming back are a little premature.Where has anyone said during this campaign that they want to burn their memberships?

Edited by FB.

I want to see us retain our own identity and be a success. No Mini-Man City thank you.

But what you need to realize is that we are a small part of the man city group regardless of the badge, name or colours. Our identity as it was, is gone. It left when sidwel and Co decided they couldn't deliver what they promised and sold the club before it was even given a chance to develop.I can accept being owned by the same people as man city and being part of their group but I can't handle us being a direct copy of Manchester City in Melbourne.That's fair enough. And there is little to no evidence suggesting that we will be anything like a mini man city. In fact looking at ny so far, I suspect we will be nothing like a mini man city.There is little evidence suggesting we won't be a mini Man City so all the resistance you see is people letting CFG that we don't want to be a mini Man City while all that is still in the air.We better protest a move to China because there is no evidence to suggest that won't be happening either.

Seriously though I just think people are getting way too fired up about about something that has only come about through media speculation.

As mentioned I am behind the campaign and will be wearing red and white. Just think the comments about burning memberships and never coming back are a little premature.Where has anyone said anywhere in this campaign that they want to burn their memberships?Hang on....

So are you now saying if the club does indeed go Sky Blue that you may still remain a Supporter?

I thought you regarded this as a "IN" or "OUT" situation for yourself.

Edited by cadete

As mentioned I am behind the campaign and will be wearing red and white. Just think the comments about burning memberships and never coming back are a little premature.Where has anyone said anywhere in this campaign that they want to burn their memberships?Hang on....

So are you now saying if the club does indeed go Sky Blue that you may still remain a Supporter?

I thought you regarded this as a "IN" or "OUT" affair...

Where did I say any of that in the above?

Edited by FB.

But what you need to realize is that we are a small part of the man city group regardless of the badge, name or colours. Our identity as it was, is gone. It left when sidwel and Co decided they couldn't deliver what they promised and sold the club before it was even given a chance to develop. I can accept being owned by the same people as man city and being part of their group but I can't handle us being a direct copy of Manchester City in Melbourne. That's fair enough. And there is little to no evidence suggesting that we will be anything like a mini man city. In fact looking at ny so far, I suspect we will be nothing like a mini man city. There is little evidence suggesting we won't be a mini Man City so all the resistance you see is people letting CFG that we don't want to be a mini Man City while all that is still in the air. We better protest a move to China because there is no evidence to suggest that won't be happening either.

As mentioned I am behind the campaign and will be wearing red and white. Just think the comments about burning memberships and never coming back are a little premature. Where has anyone said anywhere in this campaign that they want to burn their memberships? Hang on....

I thought you regarded this as a "IN" or "OUT" situation for yourself.

fb. hasnt. signed. a stat dec.

wni5GWc.gif

• Like 4

I thought you regarded this as a "IN" or "OUT" affair...Where did I say any of that in the above?I guess I just assumed as such from the way you rebuked many of those who said they might be "IN" in the "IN or OUT Thread" that if Colours changed that you were def "OUT".

Seeing as u are the driving force behind a campaign that has recieved almost $2k in donations. What is it for you if the colours change?

IN or OUT?

Edited by cadete

Because ultimately, 3k lower starting point, versus an entirely visible, united brand is probably a worthy trade, I imagine.

Do you really think that blue jerseys will magically bring in more people?

Why?- because I honestly just don't get it.

The Man city association will still be there and visible for those who might be influenced by it (I'm thinking not many) regardless of jersey colours.

The most likely way Man City will bring in new people is surely from the football quality.  I can't see too many lads sitting there on a Saturday saying, "hey, lets go to the football, Heart now have a global brand"!

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 1

I thought you regarded this as a "IN" or "OUT" affair...Where did I say any of that in they w above?I guess I just assumed as such from the way you rebuked many of those who said they might be "IN" in the "IN or OUT Thread" that if Colours changed that you were def "OUT".

Seeing as u are the driving force behind a campaign that has recieved almost $2k in donations. What is it for you if the colours change?

IN or OUT? What are you on about?

You still haven't answered my question, where did I or anyone say we were going to burn our memberships?

Edited by FB.

What are you on about?

You still haven't answered my question, where did I or anyone say we were going to burn our memberships?

Where has anyone said during this campaign that they want to burn their memberships?

Apologies. Again, an exaggeration.

And yes. I was referring to various people's definitive "out" responses when asked about the colour changes.

It just sort of come across as people getting ready for a fight nobody started is all. Probably not a great welcome. Almost could be taken as people saying they prefer the previous administration before the new guys have even sat down.

Just on this, I know you are behind the campaign, and I for one thank you for the support. However, I also agree with what you are getting at here. If you've any suggestions as to how else we can make it clear that we don't have any issues with CFG/Manchester City, that would be great. We certainly don't want to give the impression that we aren't grateful for what they can provide, just that we love the core identity we have now and don't want to lose it.

I also support the desire to keep our red and white colours, and have made a donation to the cause. But I agree with KSK in that I too have formed the impression that the "campaign" is becoming unnecessarily aggressive. A demonstration, if we can call it that, of our wish to remain in red and white is appropriate at AAMI Park on Saturday, and the idea of wearing as much red and white as we can - who ever we are and where we are in the stadium - and the placards is a good way to do it. It simply says that we realise that our new majority owners play in sky blue, as will their other club in the MLS, but we'd like to remain in our "traditional" colours.

However, I think it is over the top and a mistake to try to engage the support of journos and supporter groups of other clubs, especially Cardiff who are waging a fairly visible campaign against their new owner, because it runs the real risk of being taken as antagonistic to our new owners. Journos will do anything for a story, and if they see an opportunity to blow this up as a stoush between Heart supporters and our new owners they will do so. And there will only be one loser. Us. Quite frankly, if I was the new owner and saw this sort of thing before I've even sat down in the office chair my reaction would be "Stuff you - I'm the owner and I can do what I like."

The "In" and "Out" poll is meaningless. A little over 100 keyboard warriors saying what they might do under a hypothetical means nothing. Anyone can join this Forum and vote - they don't have to be a Heart season-ticket holder or even have attended a Heart match. To think that poll represents 7,315 season-ticket holders and that some 3,000 will walk away from the club for ever because the jerseys are changed is madness.

Estimates of what it might "cost" if members do walk away are also pretty meaningless. We do not know the break-down of those 7,315 members across the various grades of membership - A,B,GA, Active, Adult, Concession, Teen, Junior etc. Even if season-ticket holders did walk away the cost would be peanuts to the CFG.

In the end CFG will make a whole lot of decisions about us that they believe will be in the long term interests of their Melbourne club and their stable of clubs around the world. CFG have stated that we will be a Melbourne club for Melbourne people. The planned activities for Saturday are simply saying that we'd like that Melbourne club to continue to wear red and white. Keep Saturday as a celebration of our colours.  Anything more than that may very well backfire on us.

• Like 5

I think that's a fair assessment, JW. The campaign isn't designed to be aggressive in that sense, but rather to show how much we love our colours. 

It's not about who is in and who is out. 

It's not about who is going to walk away from the club. 

It's about showing that we care about our current identity. 

• Like 2

Further, I might just add that I don't see why people feel that this is an either/or proposition. Everyone supports the club in their own way, and if the enjoyment of supporting the club is diminished, then quite understandably one might walk away. 

So, there's certainly no need to speak in absolutes. What ever the outcome, it is surely going to be an eventful offseason. At least I know that I can say I fought to keep our red and white. 

• Like 5

I believe that the campaign to keep the Red & White is not Anti City just pro Melbourne Heart.

Of course one or two people have vented their anger because of the lack of answers from the City owners.

However, the same frustrations are shared by City fans when they see our club being slagged off in the press and the club stay silent.

They simply won't comment unless they are being seriously libelled.

The said in January no comment would be made until the season ends. As frustrating as this is, especially with the media speculation They feel this is the right way to do their business.

It is also right for you fans to make it clear what your wishes are. I sincerely believe they would not want to alienate fans whether it is 30, 300 or 3000. They will want to take the fans with them.

You might not always agree with everything they do, as we City fans do. However I believe you will agree with the vast majority of decisions they will make.

Of course the colours are the most important thing to you as they would be with me. I am sure they are very aware of the feeling amongst the core fans.

So make sure they see how passionate you are this coming weekend and hopefully you will be all part of a great future.

• Like 3

Silva10 is right.. If they say stuff like "after the season" they mean it and no paper or anything can get something out of them before unless circumstances have changed.
Aloof?.. Perhaps, but on the other hand it was a chock for many MCFC fans in New York to discover that the soft spoken executive looking guy that frequented their bar for weeks turned out to be Soriano, the CEO himself.

What are you on about?

Where has anyone said during this campaign that they want to burn their memberships?

Apologies. Again, an exaggeration.

And yes. I was referring to various people's definitive "out" responses when asked about the colour changes.

Further, I might just add that I don't see why people feel that this is an either/or proposition. Everyone supports the club in their own way, and if the enjoyment of supporting the club is diminished, then quite understandably one might walk away.

So, there's certainly no need to speak in absolutes. What ever the outcome, it is surely going to be an eventful offseason. At least I know that I can say I fought to keep our red and white.

Well it looks like my point has been made...

Cya next Season lads... Red or Sky Blue. :up:

Edited by cadete

What are you on about?

Thanks.

My point is, no one has said they will be burning their memberships. And to typify the campaign as that is damaging and misleading.

People know where i stand on a colour change issue. I dont need to sign a stat dec to prove it.

Others will continue to follow the club, and that is fine too. The campaign involves a wide cross section of supporters.

Its not and never was an ultimatum that we would all leave if things change. Its about celebrating how much we love the colours red and white and want them to remain.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 1

What are you on about?

And yes. I was referring to various people's definitive "out" responses when asked about the colour changes. Thanks.

My point is, no one has said they will be burning their memberships. And to typify the campaign as that is damaging and misleading.

People know where i stand on a colour change issue. I dont need to sign a stat dec to prove it.

Others will continue to follow the club, and that is fine too. The campaign involves a wide cross section of supporters.

Its not and never was an ultimatum that we would all leave if things change. Its about showing how much we love the colours red and white and want them to remain.

So u wont ever support the Sky Blue? :hmm:

But what you need to realize is that we are a small part of the man city group regardless of the badge, name or colours. Our identity as it was, is gone. It left when sidwel and Co decided they couldn't deliver what they promised and sold the club before it was even given a chance to develop. I can accept being owned by the same people as man city and being part of their group but I can't handle us being a direct copy of Manchester City in Melbourne. That's fair enough. And there is little to no evidence suggesting that we will be anything like a mini man city. In fact looking at ny so far, I suspect we will be nothing like a mini man city. There is little evidence suggesting we won't be a mini Man City so all the resistance you see is people letting CFG that we don't want to be a mini Man City while all that is still in the air.

We better protest a move to China because there is no evidence to suggest that won't be happening either.

As mentioned I am behind the campaign and will be wearing red and white. Just think the comments about burning memberships and never coming back are a little premature.

When a Chinese club buys us out then that will become relevant, otherwise it is an asinine comparison. We are discussing our club and mostly whether the colours change or not. 

The other thing I don't understand is the people claiming that the club would not be concerned about 3000 members not joining next season would also then be concerned/offended buy what those 3000 people have said about the take over.

What are you on about?

And yes. I was referring to various people's definitive "out" responses when asked about the colour changes.Thanks.

Its not and never was an ultimatum that we would all leave if things change. Its about showing how much we love the colours red and white and want them to remain.

I think it's time for you to stop posting, mate.

What are you on about?

And yes. I was referring to various people's definitive "out" responses when asked about the colour changes.Thanks.

My point is, no one has said they will be burning their memberships. And to typify the campaign as that is damaging and misleading.People know where i stand on a colour change issue. I dont need to sign a stat dec to prove it.

So u wont ever support the Sky Blue? :hmm:This is just getting tiring mate, you know my answer to that.

You're starting to look a little silly.

Instead of trying to publicly 'Out' people on internet forums and get them to sign stat decs, why don't you get behind the campaign like everyone else has and celebrate keeping our colours Red & White :up:

Edited by FB.

What are you on about?

And yes. I was referring to various people's definitive "out" responses when asked about the colour changes. Thanks.

Why does it matter so much to you?

Jeepers.

I don't understand how 50 people signing stat decs can be more effective in getting the owners attention than 2500 people holding up placards, banners and numerous social media pages. I understand people have their opinion on the social media thing and that is fair enough but in the overall scheme of things if it's for the greater good (which is keeping the colours) then why not get behind it?

I personally don't think it matters who sits where on their support moving forward, if you're going to be here if we're sky blue or not that's a personal decision and a one that every person has the right to make for themselves. There are some here though that feel that the possibility of losing our colours without consultation with the fans (which to this point has not happened) is extremely unfair to those who support this club. Taking that into account I think it's appropriate that we make those opinions loud and clear for the City Group to hear.

I'm sure they wouldn't be surprised/annoyed to see the reaction that is currently taking place, they would have taken all possibilities into account when they bought this club and even considered inputting the changes they may choose to carry on with. Not to mention that all large companies often employ/hire third party individuals or organisations to scour social media and forums to get a better idea of public opinion, as a result they would be well aware that we welcome the prosperity they could bring us but that there is certain limits on what we're willing to give up.

For me the campaign is as much about attracting the attention of others to our plight as it is about attracting City's. If they actually do intend to rip our colours away then I personally want the entire football community to be aware of it, not just supporters of the A-League.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 2

I don't understand how 50 people signing stat decs can be more effective in getting the owners attention than 2500 people holding up placards, banners and numerous social media pages. I understand people have their opinion on the social media thing and that is fair enough but in the overall scheme of things if it's for the greater good (which is keeping the colours) then why not get behind it?

Because why should the City Group care about a bunch of Supporters campaigning against a Colour Change via Social Media and with Cardboard Signs if the vast majority of them are just going to stay on as Supporters anyway?

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

And FWIW I really dont care if I cope criticism for looking on at this campaign from a much more realistic prospective than most in this Thread.

This is after all exactly how Owners themselves will view the situation purely as an Emotionless Business Decision.
They will assess how much collateral damage to the existing Supporter base are they are prepared to take and if the most Supporters will remain regardless of their campaign then they will obviously go ahead with the Colour Change they obviously wish to implement.

I also know for a fact that there quite a few other very committed Heart Fans who view the situation like this...

Edited by cadete

Because why should the City Group care about a bunch of Supporters campaigning against a Colour Change via Social Media and with Cardboard Signs if the vast majority of them are just going to stay on as Supporters anyway?

Because they said they care and they said they would consult us. The whole idea is we show them we love our colours and if they are true to their word they will recognise that and say ok we said we would consult them, they are showing they don't want a colour change so let's be true to our word and give them what they want.

Why did we (Yarraside) bother with the Our Club, Our Colours banner if we are apparently just going to stay on as supporters anyway? What was the point of it? It's the same message!

• Like 2

Although I don't think we need to cover this again I will just state this.

There is a campaign underway that encompasses all supporters and brings them together under Melbourne Heart's colours, red and white.

This is an opportunity for all supporters to embrace what might just be our last chance to celebrate Melbourne Heart's colours, red and white.

Even if nothing comes of this campaign at least we can look back on the last game of this rollercoaster of a season and say that we were all there because of Melbourne Heart and united under red and white.

City Group mightn't care, you mightn't care, but there sure are a few people who do and we're going to do something.

Well said Arjen. Whatever happens, at least we can say "we tried". COYBIR (& white)

• Like 1

And FWIW I really dont care if I cope criticism for looking on at this campaign from a much more realistic prospective than most in this Thread.

This is after all exactly how Owners themselves will view the situation purely as an Emotionless Business Decision.

They will assess how much collateral damage to the existing Supporter base are they are prepared to take and if the reality most Supporters will remain they will go ahead with the Colour Change they obviously wish to implement.

I also know for a fact that there quite a few other very committed Heart Fans who views the situation like this...

I think most people share the same view that their City's own research will outweigh anything that the supporters do, but I don't think theres anything wrong in showing support for a part of the club that people are attached to. Even if you disagree with it, I certainly don't think it deserves the constant negative criticism that you're giving the campaign. 

I'd prefer we were known as a bunch of supporters who went down fighting a colour change, than ones who were happy to roll over and cop whatever was given to us. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 2

This is after all exactly how Owners themselves will view the situation purely as an Emotionless Business Decision.

They will assess how much collateral damage to the existing Supporter base are they are prepared to take and if the most Supporters will remain regardless of their campaign then they will obviously go ahead with the Colour Change they obviously wish to implement.

I also know for a fact that there quite a few other very committed Heart Fans who view the situation like this...

No worries, Cadete. I'll give you a placard to hold up on the day.

No worries, Cadete. I'll give you a placard to hold up on the day.

I wont be attendance... I will be watching Geelong.