Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

Seems to me as a MCFC fan from the other side of the World, there are some ungrateful bastards here!

From what I have read,not just here, the Heart were more or less bankrupt and could easily have been wound up this year.

You have had nothing to shout about judging by the teams results, and at the end of the day we don`t support our teams to fail!

You have been given the opportunity to climb the league, to compete with the best, to bring in some silver to your(at the moment)non existent trophy room.

You go on about the history of the club and that you should keep your colours and your name?

Your club has no history.You have supported them yes, you have great memories of being with the club since the start, but it still has no history, or at least nothing to be proud of.

I know it`s off the rail but what if Coke decided to save your local RolaCola factory? You think they`d want to keep the name, the bottle,the motif? Not a chance.

MCFC is the brand, blue is the colour, get used to it because if the owners say that`s how it is going to be, then that`s how it`s going to be!

You may think there is a need to contact the club with your feelings but I have to tell you now that there is someone on this site and any other Heart forums, working on behalf of the owners, looking at what people have to say.They will be aware that there are some who don`t like the idea of name or colour changes. These people are not stupid.

Making any kind of approach to the clubs owners complaining about colours and name, threatening to stop attending matches or anything else you think will help you keep the name could lead to them pulling out.

$5,000,000 or whatever  it was they paid is a drop in the ocean to them. They could easily decide to walk away leaving you with nothing.

Be very careful what you wish for.

I think someone got out the wrong side of the bed. 

Seems to me as a MCFC fan from the other side of the World, there are some ungrateful bastards here!

From what I have read,not just here, the Heart were more or less bankrupt and could easily have been wound up this year.

You have had nothing to shout about judging by the teams results, and at the end of the day we don`t support our teams to fail!

You have been given the opportunity to climb the league, to compete with the best, to bring in some silver to your(at the moment)non existent trophy room.

You go on about the history of the club and that you should keep your colours and your name?

Your club has no history.You have supported them yes, you have great memories of being with the club since the start, but it still has no history, or at least nothing to be proud of.

I know it`s off the rail but what if Coke decided to save your local RolaCola factory? You think they`d want to keep the name, the bottle,the motif? Not a chance.

MCFC is the brand, blue is the colour, get used to it because if the owners say that`s how it is going to be, then that`s how it`s going to be!

You may think there is a need to contact the club with your feelings but I have to tell you now that there is someone on this site and any other Heart forums, working on behalf of the owners, looking at what people have to say.They will be aware that there are some who don`t like the idea of name or colour changes. These people are not stupid.

Making any kind of approach to the clubs owners complaining about colours and name, threatening to stop attending matches or anything else you think will help you keep the name could lead to them pulling out.

$5,000,000 or whatever  it was they paid is a drop in the ocean to them. They could easily decide to walk away leaving you with nothing.

Majority of us are very grateful with what has happened over the last week. Yes some of us do go on about our history thats because some of us have been there from day 1 (whether it only be 4 years ago) and have seen this club go through bad times with a good memory chucked in here and there (but mostly shit times). By going through these shit times us as supporters know who the loyal supporters are of this club as at matches you see many familiar faces and know that we are all their for the love of the team.

In saying that what majority of us want is just to keep the colours of our club which is red and white. Yes we know City wear sky blue. Sydney fc wear sky blue and Melbourne victory wear navy blue. As victory wear blue why the fuck would we want our club to don the same/similar colour kit to the team that we hate whether it be we've only hated them for 4 years (some people even longer as we've brought in new fans to the league as they felt no love for victory). 

I'm sure you wouldn't like someone to buy City and all of a sudden change the colour of your kit to red would you? 

Be realistic carpiste. The club arent going to spend 12 months and $10m on a football club, call for supporter engagement and then walk away when supporters try to engage with them. They may be rich, but they're not stupid. As for history it may not be a 100 year old history but there is history and it belongs to no-one to take away.

Edited by moomba
  • Like 1

#CarpisteOut

I'm still shocked at the amount of negatives this forum manages to generate. So many glass half empty people here. I guess it's the 4 years of worst case scenarios happening. As I see it this is the best thing that could of happened to the club.

If we lose change our name and colours well so be it (I'd prefer we keep the colours personally) as long as the same group of awesome supporters continue to support and make our club great we lose nothing but some plastic part of the club created by guys most people on here wanted out. As long as I see attractive possession based football and goals I don't mind if there is some minor rebranding as the true essence of the club (the supporters) can never be changed.

I'm still shocked at the amount of negatives this forum manages to generate. So many glass half empty people here. I guess it's the 4 years of worst case scenarios happening. As I see it this is the best thing that could of happened to the club.

If we lose change our name and colours well so be it (I'd prefer we keep the colours personally) as long as the same group of awesome supporters continue to support and make our club great we lose nothing but some plastic part of the club created by guys most people on here wanted out. As long as I see attractive possession based football and goals I don't mind if there is some minor rebranding as the true essence of the club (the supporters) can never be changed.

You're making a huge assumption that these awesome supporters would still show up if this happened.

There had to be one City supporter who was a dickhead. Maybe this is that Alan who had shit stained views.

Anyway no point responding to a wanker like that, he probably wasn't around when City was in the third division looking like they may be extinct. It's usually bandwagon supporters that have idiotic views as they never went through the trying times.

I'm proud to have gone through the bad times and appreciate City coming in but will never forget those times.

Our colours will remain.

• Like 3

I must say that I feel that Sorianos stance that no big decisions are to be made before the summer was a masterstroke...But I fear that this thread will go round in circles until then.
Anyway, I think that you the fans must talk it out among yourself a bit, in regards to where you want the club to go etc.

As for finding someone that can have some influence on this venture I think that James Hogan is very overlooked on this forum..

I must say that I feel that Sorianos stance that no big decisions are to be made before the summer was a masterstroke...But I fear that this thread will go round in circles until then.

Anyway, I think that you the fans must talk it out among yourself a bit, in regards to where you want the club to go etc.

As for finding someone that can have some influence on this venture I think that James Hogan is very overlooked on this forum..

Don't know if anyone would know of him. CEO of Etihad would he come to our venture? How could he influence?

• Like 1

This City take over is like scoring the best head job from any girl of your choice.... So far we've received the head job, if we keep our colours she swallows the lot!

But most times the cream doesn't come with the cake, especially if your a beggar. If anyone can give me one positive that came out of our club this season or we could see happening next season, my point is not valid (Can't say JA sacking).

Keeping our colours should be last on the list if City comes knocking, it's not as if we got bought out by Sth or some owner that wouldn't splash the cash like these great Arabs. CARPIST is spot on, he is an outsider reading all of this with no biased view and we are the ones with the biased and ego response to him with Fuck Off? His club just bought yours you idiots, if you don't like the way they roll you Fuck Off! It's been nothing but fucking whining since the take over.

Melbourne Hearts History....? What fkn History? Open your eyes, when you kids grow up and Hearts top of the table and won 7 trophies, this will be our history! 23/01/14 The day it all started...

This City take over is like scoring the best head job from any girl of your choice.... So far we've received the head job, if we keep our colours she swallows the lot!

But most times the cream doesn't come with the cake, especially if your a beggar. If anyone can give me one positive that came out of our club this season or we could see happening next season, my point is not valid (Can't say JA sacking).

Keeping our colours should be last on the list if City comes knocking, it's not as if we got bought out by Sth or some owner that wouldn't splash the cash like these great Arabs. CARPIST is spot on, he is an outsider reading all of this with no biased view and we are the ones with the biased and ego response to him with Fuck Off? His club just bought yours you idiots, if you don't like the way they roll you Fuck Off! It's been nothing but fucking whining since the take over.

Melbourne Hearts History....? What fkn History? Open your eyes, when you kids grow up and Hearts top of the table and won 7 trophies, this will be our history! 23/01/14 The day it all started...

Fuck off :up:

• Like 2

We get it: You are a Virgin...

It makes sense. :up:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

That's a horribly plastic mentality.

I haven't been a member since day dot like some (supporter since day dot, this years my first as a member and I haven't missed a home game so far, and i intend to not miss one until I physically can't make it) but I have fallen in love with this club and the very short history that we have.

History isn't about trophies and how many times you've topped the league, it's about the times you've suffered, the times you've felt elated and the friends that you've made along the way. That win against the Jets is in the top 5 sporting moments of my life, the first time I'd seen the Heart win live and I'll never forget the passion and the sheer joy that I felt,

I can accept a change of name, i'd prefer to keep the Heart but calling ourselves 'Melbourne City FC' with the 'Heart' being retained as a nickname is fine by me but we cannot lose our colours, it's who we are. We are not blue, we are not purple, we're not fucking pink, we're red and white dammit, just like this City!

I'm grateful for City buying us, I truly am, but we have history of our own that we'd like to retain. Whether that history is 100 years or 4 years it doesn't matter to me, it's OUR history.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 5

This is getting silly. Soriano has stated that they will look and listen before making decisions. That is to be expected when entering a new market.

The question becomes who will they listen to? Well for starters this blog is a nice way to have a look at the general feeling of people who bought season's tickets, aka members (and yes Bela your point is well made and accepted). We also know from a few of the Man City members that have written in this blog that they do conduct surveys.

So there will be matters in which we will have no say (eg location of the Academy, how many pitches, coaches, players, etc) and there will be things that we will have the opportunity to express an opinion. So sometime near the end of or just after the season has finished, I expect a survey in my inbox with questions regarding colours, prices, etc.

They aren't going to deliberately try and piss off existing members because this is the way to ruin their investment.

If we kept quiet about the club then MCFC will have no idea as to which wasy to take the club in.

• Like 3

Hey so I'm new to the forum but have been a member for the last couple of years.

There's no doubt I'm pleased at this City takeover but I'm concerned about what we'll be giving up because of it. The main consensus appears to be that the city name is a forgone conclusion, while I'd be a little sad to see it go the main thing I really want to keep is the colours (and it reads like I'm not alone in that).

It's ingrained in the most passionate heart fans and while I think most could handle an official name change, because amongst fans we can still call it the heart, to change the colours would in my opinion send a lot of the guys that have worked hard to build the passionate fan base off side.

Speaking personally, I can handle a name change but I would find it difficult (at least in the beginning) to continue my passion for this club if they changed to sky blue. Silly as it sounds I would probably not get a membership, and would just support from afar.

• Like 3

Thats the question though isn't it?

Here's The Age's Micheal Lynch PV:

"The other point to consider is how Victorian supporters of other EPL teams would react if Heart was to switch to sky blue? When Carlton Soccer Club was established in the NSL it drew small crowds, despite its on-field success, as many AFL fans wouldn't barrack for a team linked to the navy blues.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/red-white-and-blue-20140128-31l21.html#ixzz2rkCATIRG"

I know the colour topic had been flogged to death here.

However if the decision about retaining red/white will be made according to the supporters preferences (really hope)

I feel that it is time we used as much red/white at the games as possible.

Before the polo brigade tells me to tuck off, I can wear what I like blah blah.....fine, not forcing anyone to change.

I'm referring to those who want to and are happy to put club colours on for the sake of how it appears to people from Man City.

Make an effort

• Like 1

Yes. Absolutely. By the time the end of the season arrives all this debate will have washed through the system and people as individuals will have sorted out their own views on what is important to them and what is not, and then when the time comes they will express their views in a logical and coherent manner.

My experiences tell me that whenever a change is announced, in the short term people become polarised on what they think might happen. Generally these are small groups at the ends of the spectrum of opinion, while a large majority just sit there and wait to see whether it directly affects them and if it doesn't then they just go along with whatever happens. I've seen this happen many times in the workplace (including changes in ownership of my employer), with local councils (such as where people can walk their dogs off a leash), and with both State and Commonwealth governments. We all have.

In no way am I trivialising the issues that are being debated - they are important to me too - but I just don't see the point in debating them in a public forum where a single ill-advised comment, or a deliberate one, can provoke a needless outpouring of reaction that will be picked up by the media and distorted into something that it never was. Our name and logo have been the subjects of endless debate over the past four years and there never has been unanimity on those. The thing that comes closest to a unanimous or large majority view is our home colours. Everything else that I can see might change looks to me like a mighty good improvement on four seasons of mediocrity.

• Like 1

Yes. Absolutely. By the time the end of the season arrives all this debate will have washed through the system and people as individuals will have sorted out their own views on what is important to them and what is not, and then when the time comes they will express their views in a logical and coherent manner.

I hope this comes true. People will go crazy debating something that we have no idea wether it will come true or not. It doesn't help that the press all, and I mean all, think that this ownership change means we are going to be a McManchester Outlet. This constant line from the press will probably keep the discussion going(which is what they want obviously). Lynch's last article was pathetically self-congratulatory in regards to the conflict between heart fans and the City supporters group, which is his creation. 

• Like 1

Get out of here ya tossa.

• Like 1

One point that Carpiste makes is very true and that is the fact that this forum, and others, is being read by people working for ADUG.

That's not a Big Brother bad thing either, but it shows that they do care about your views.

Our owners are really the best thing that happened to MCFC and I am pleased for you all.

What ever happens, enjoy the future.

This thread is doing my head in!

Yes:

- We are owned by the same owners as Manchester City

- We are not Manchester City Junior, Man City 'lite' or 'mini' Man City.

- We play in the A-League; continents (and Leagues) away from where Manchester City play in their Sky Blue.

- We wear Red & White stripes with Red shorts and socks

- We are Melbourne Heart!

Until Mr. Soriano and co. advise otherwise, my focus is on smashing Sydney FC this Friday night (even if they wear sky blue).

When Mr. Soriano and co. makes any announcement of ANY changes "during the off-season", I'll worry about it then :up:

Well said. I'll deal with what happens or may not happen then. Not going to get an ulcer over something that may or may not happen.  

This thread is doing my head in!

Yes:

- We are owned by the same owners as Manchester City

- We are not Manchester City Junior, Man City 'lite' or 'mini' Man City.

- We play in the A-League; continents (and Leagues) away from where Manchester City play in their Sky Blue.

- We wear Red & White stripes with Red shorts and socks

- We are Melbourne Heart!

Until Mr. Soriano and co. advise otherwise, my focus is on smashing Sydney FC this Friday night (even if they wear sky blue).

When Mr. Soriano and co. makes any announcement of ANY changes "during the off-season", I'll worry about it then :up:

Well said. I'll deal with what happens or may not happen then. Not going to get an ulcer over something that may or may not happen.  

I'm out of Likes so you get a reply! haha

One point that Carpiste makes is very true and that is the fact that this forum, and others, is being read by people working for ADUG.

That's not a Big Brother bad thing either, but it shows that they do care about your views.

Our owners are really the best thing that happened to MCFC and I am pleased for you all.

What ever happens, enjoy the future.

Thanks Zubrman  :) 

• Like 1

Perhaps they will follow the 'Heart of Midlothian FC' principal and keep everyone happy with the name 'Heart of Melbourne City FC'.

To not annoy all the fans that have invested in red & white clothing last 4 years, hopefully the home kit will stay as is and they instead have a light blue away kit. This will keep the balance nicely.

At the end of the day, I have been struggling to watch the Heart this past year, and was concerned it was going to disappear. The Heart now have a great chance of improvement and challenging for honours each season moving forward. It will be the club every young Player in Melbourne will want to get into the academy of. We could see the pick of Man City's 16-17 year olds coming here, to make professional debuts, that will go onto to be world stars - providing the coaching structure follows that of head office in Manchester. We may also get to see some top older players seeing out their final few seasons fresh from the Premiership as player-assistant coaches under a class act proven head coach.

I'm looking forward to seeing a competitive team that plays fast attacking and attractive passing football.

The Heart are on the up!

All we need now to round of this positive week is for Kev to be sacked at the Victory!

Perhaps they will follow the 'Heart of Midlothian FC' principal and keep everyone happy with the name 'Heart of Melbourne City FC'.

To not annoy all the fans that have invested in red & white clothing last 4 years, hopefully the home kit will stay as is and they instead have a light blue away kit. This will keep the balance nicely.

At the end of the day, I have been struggling to watch the Heart this past year, and was concerned it was going to disappear. The Heart now have a great chance of improvement and challenging for honours each season moving forward. It will be the club every young Player in Melbourne will want to get into the academy of. We could see the pick of Man City's 16-17 year olds coming here, to make professional debuts, that will go onto to be world stars - providing the coaching structure follows that of head office in Manchester. We may also get to see some top older players seeing out their final few seasons fresh from the Premiership as player-assistant coaches under a class act proven head coach.

I'm looking forward to seeing a competitive team that plays fast attacking and attractive passing football.

The Heart are on the up!

All we need now to round of this positive week is for Kev to be sacked at the Victory!

Hang on now!

I hope they keep the useless bastard on for another 10 seasons!  ;)

• Like 1

The Heart are on the up!

The Heart are on the up!

Hang on now!

I hope they keep the useless bastard on for another 10 seasons! ;)