Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

After doing a bit of reading and reading in between the lines this weekend on the Buy Out I have TBH and say the Pixie Dust on the sale of the club has really started to rub off and agree with FB on a lot of points. In fact I can even see why the MVFC fans are commenting on this sale being the birth of a new club rather than a transition for Melbourne Heart.

Already:

1. Sidwell when asked about the club's colours said "It was completely up to the owners”.
  2. The FFA have already said it was City’s choice to change the Club’s Colours and it was normal for there to be two football sides in the same league with the same colours.

I think it’s pretty obvious that alongside the Crest and Name that our colours will be changed.

At this stage I will be supporting Melbourne City – But not as I supported Melbourne Heart because the more and more I think about it I agree with the Mongs and if our Colours, Crest and Name Changes then dont see this new team as Melbourne Heart.

It makes me wish they started a 3rd Melbourne team, Melbourne City. This is basically the death of Heart football club if you know what i mean.

Edited by United

After doing a bit of reading and reading in between the lines this weekend on the Buy Out I have TBH and say the Pixie Dust on the sale of the club has really started to rub off and agree with FB on a lot of points. In fact I can even see why the MVFC fans are commenting on this sale being the birth of a new club rather than a transition for Melbourne Heart.

Already:

• Sidwell when asked about the club's colours said "It was completely up to the owners”.
  • The FFA have already said it was City’s choice to change the Club’s Colours and it was normal for there to be two football sides in the same league with the same colours.

I think it’s pretty obvious that alongside the Crest and Name that our colours will be changed.

At this stage I will be supporting Melbourne City – But not as I supported Melbourne Heart because the more and more I think about it I agree with the Mongs and if our Colours, Crest and Name Changes then dont see this new team as Melbourne Heart.

It makes me wish they started a 3rd Melbourne team, Melbourne City. This is basically the death of Heart football club if you know what i mean.

True. But a 3rd Melbourne club backed by city surely would have killed us off too

Already:

• Sidwell when asked about the club's colours said "It was completely up to the owners”.
  • The FFA have already said it was City’s choice to change the Club’s Colours and it was normal for there to be two football sides in the same league with the same colours.

True. But a 3rd Melbourne club backed by city surely would have killed us off too

Exactly right.

Now ideally, the owners step in and fix whats wrong with the club, inject their expertise (and cash obviously) into the club to improve on a pretty dame nice foundation (good fans, brilliant stadium) and do whats necessary to deliver where it counts most, on the pitch! Get the fans out and singing and cheering something worthwile, dont waste the peoples time anymore, but also don't make the last couple of years worht nothing if you suddenly change crucial things like the name and colours, to me that is a different club now. I would budge on the name change (only because people seem to take the piss out of Heart alot, but that's probably more to do with the piss poor onfield performances) but in an idea world, for me not the name nor colours should change.  

Just having a 'debate' with @ChrisTannerZSEM about this, and got me wondering:
Is it the level of involvement with the club that determines how willing we are to change?

People are downplaying the history of MHFC.. I understand it's been 4 years worth forgetting, but some of it has been good.

His argument is that giving up name and colours is a fair price to pay for success.

My question is, "What is history?" .. Is 1 year not history?. Are 4 years meant to be just forgotten. Is success history?. Is failure?

I'd be interested to know that perspective from a survey on what time of member/fan.. Active, involved (i.e.: RWU, active via yarraside core, active, casual, closet-fan) regarding name and colour change.

At the end of the day, a name has been reserved, doesn't mean it's going to be used. Maybe it's been reserved for a gradual name change after a few years. Maybe it'll be cold turkey. Who knows.. It's all speculation.

I've looked at the issue of Man City wanting a colour change a lot, and I think people advocating calm and people advocating suspicion both have reasonable arguments. 

The evidence suggesting Man City don't want or will decide against changing colours is:

- Soriano has said on multiple occasions and has seemingly stressed that 'this is not going to be a small Manchester City', 'this will not be a mini Manchester City, this a Melbourne club', 'this is not a small Manchester team, this is a Melbourne team'

- 'So our team here will be a Melbourne team, rooted and developed for the Melbourne fans, that will be able to use the resources of one of the biggest football organisations in the world'

- They have repeatedly stated they will listen and learn 'the first thing that we have to do is learn from the people running the team, listen to the fans'

- Soriano even said a name change, presumably a higher priority, was 'not pre-determined'

- A letter from Soriano appeared on Heart's website Friday evening, the day after the takeover, underlining that 'A lot has been written overnight about Manchester City’s entry into Australian football', but that 'The first thing we intend to do is listen, learn and better understand every aspect of the Club' and 'Naturally, this process will also include hearing from fans, members and partners that have supported this Club during its short history. We want to listen and learn first, and take well-supported decisions immediately thereafter.' (http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/A-Letter-from-the-CEO-of-Manchester-City-FC/84083)

The evidence that Man City would like and are prepared to change Heart's colours is:

- Michael Lynch and Dominic Bossi wrote for Fairfax that 'It's also expected that the new owners are hoping to change the Heart's colours to sky blue in accordance with the parent club', Sebastian Hassett also wrote 'As part of the rebranding, Manchester City would like to have their clubs playing in the sky blue colours of the parent club. However, with Melbourne Victory in navy blue and Sydney FC being in sky blue, that market is crowded' (although he's Fairfax, so maybe he as the same info as Lynch & Bossi) and Val Migliaccio (of News Limited) wrote 'It's understood Heart would be rebranded and named Melbourne City and wears the same sky blue colours as its patron club Manchester City and its sister New York City next season' (although he's almost certainly the worst football journalist in the country)

- They first spoke to Sydney FC, although talks never got serious

- You just have to assume they'd want Heart to play in sky blue, if they can make it happen, given Man City is sky blue, and they made their new New York City side sky blue

- They have the money to steamroll a lot of opposition if they so choose to. They might reason with a lot of spending, they can get more fans to attend next season in sky blue than have attended in Heart's first 4 seasons in red and white (and they might be right. Although I think they might lose thousands of fans who they otherwise could have kept, and there would be much less passion and committment to the club than before)

So I'm conflicted and not sure want Man City want, and am not sure what they will do. But if they stick to their word, then I'm almost certain that this club will play in red and white next season.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

If city just wanted a licence, i have no doubt the FFA would have sold them one for a nice fee. 

They bought the club, not just the licence

What do we have that is of interest to them?

The HAL and a possible entry to the ACL with low levels of corruption and a salary cap that limits their on-field spend

• Like 1

I know they said that they wouldn't touch anything for the rest of the season, but I kinda hope they would just throw in a new signing just 'cause they can. Get rid of Mifsud and send in a 2mil guest stint.

Agree, I'd really like to see this as well (don't need to get rid of Mifsud, though).

Sometimes they specifically said they will not make any 'significant changes' until next season, so I'm hoping that signing a quality striker on a 10 game guest stint doesn't count as a 'significant change' in their books.

After this match against Sydney on Friday the 31st, there are only 10 matches to go, and the next match is on Feb the 9th. So I'm crossing my fingers that they sign a quality striker like Vincenzo Iaquinta over the weekend, as it would be so sensible, and so appreciated by the supporters.

Edited by Murfy1

I've looked at the issue of Man City wanting a colour change a lot, and I think people advocating calm and people advocating suspicion both have reasonable arguments. 

The evidence suggesting Man City don't want or will decide against changing colours is:

- Soriano has said on multiple occasions and has seemingly stressed that 'this is not going to be a small Manchester City', 'this will not be a mini Manchester City, this a Melbourne club', 'this is not a small Manchester team, this is a Melbourne team'

- 'So our team here will be a Melbourne team, rooted and developed for the Melbourne fans, that will be able to use the resources of one of the biggest football organisations in the world'

- They have repeatedly stated they will listen and learn 'the first thing that we have to do is learn from the people running the team, listen to the fans'

- Soriano even said a name change, presumably a higher priority, was 'not pre-determined'

- A letter from Soriano appeared on Heart's website Friday evening, the day after the takeover, underlining that 'A lot has been written overnight about Manchester City’s entry into Australian football', but that 'The first thing we intend to do is listen, learn and better understand every aspect of the Club' and 'Naturally, this process will also include hearing from fans, members and partners that have supported this Club during its short history. We want to listen and learn first, and take well-supported decisions immediately thereafter.' (http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/A-Letter-from-the-CEO-of-Manchester-City-FC/84083)

The evidence that Man City would like and are prepared to change Heart's colours is:

- Michael Lynch and Dominic Bossi wrote for Fairfax that 'It's also expected that the new owners are hoping to change the Heart's colours to sky blue in accordance with the parent club', Sebastian Hassett also wrote 'As part of the rebranding, Manchester City would like to have their clubs playing in the sky blue colours of the parent club. However, with Melbourne Victory in navy blue and Sydney FC being in sky blue, that market is crowded' (although he's Fairfax, so maybe he as the same info as Lynch & Bossi) and Val Migliaccio (of News Limited) wrote 'It's understood Heart would be rebranded and named Melbourne City and wears the same sky blue colours as its patron club Manchester City and its sister New York City next season' (although he's almost certainly the worst football journalist in the country)

- You just have to assume they'd want Heart to play in sky blue, if they can make it happen, given Man City is sky blue, and they made their new New York City side sky blue

- They have the money to steamroll a lot of opposition if they so choose to. They might reason with a lot of spending, they can get more fans to attend next season in sky blue than have attended in Heart's first 4 seasons in red and white (and they might be right. Although I think they might lose thousands of fans who they otherwise could have kept, and there would be much less passion and committment to the club than before)

So I'm conflicted and not sure want Man City want, and am not sure what they will do. But if they stick to their word, then I'm almost certain that this club will play in red and white next season.

Do you think they would have sought to rebrand Sydney FC as "Sydney City"? In Sydney there is a club that has a strong claim to that name and a distinguished heritage. 

Do you think they would have sought to rebrand Sydney FC as "Sydney City"? In Sydney there is a club that has a strong claim to that name and a distinguished heritage. 

I think the Sydney FC brand (apart from the shit football and them signing as many old players as us) is pretty inline with the Man City & New York City brands: plays in sky blue, represents the urban city (whilst WSW is more suburban) and so on. They could make Sydney play good football and promote youth more as well.

I like to think that Man City wouldn't have changed Sydney FC's name, and would be happy enough with their sky blue colour. Whilst conversely I hope Man City are happy that Melbourne Heart in part represent the Melbourne city, try to play good football and promote youth. Also, hopefully a name change is enough to bring the Heart brand inline with the Man City brand, if they are keen on some brand alignment (which they seem to be).

I'm doubtful that they want total brand alignment (all clubs called 'City', playing in sky blue, playing a certain football style etc.), but at this point I haven't seen enough evidence to rule out the possibility either. Hopefully they are fine with just some brand alignment and similarities, which overall I think is most likely, meaning Melbourne Heart can remain Red & White. 

I am not sure if this is been mentioned but NYC FC do not play in Sky Blue as the club is not due to be set up until 2015

City did not force Hyde FC to play in Sky Blue but they did drop the word "United" from the club for fairly obvious reasons

You will find out as with the buyout when these guys want to do something they do it carefully and quietly.  There will not be any breifings to the press etc so the press will just fill the vacuum with garbage innuendo and rumour.  I think this transfer window City have been linked to buying 46 players and we havent bought 1.  In years past we were always "snubbed" by player A etc its just a way of filling column inches.  In the UK sertain teams and managers have become media darlings such as Harry Redknapp why because he constantly talks to the press and so gives them good easy copy.  City give the media nothing and so it is likely to be the same with you guys

However when they do decide to do things such as our new academy they do it fast and they do it world class the sort of class that the really really rich can get

Edited by chesterguy

I thought it was funny. I know the song. I thought you were making a joke sbout the fact the debate is getting heated.

Haha sorry mate, thought it was sarcasm.

nah. actually just started listening to the song again now. It's actually kind relevant to the future and would be a good song to sing in a serious sense, but for me also applies in a humous way to the stress we are all under with what's going on and discussions etc :P

Someone asked a few days back for some negatives about City's owners just to mitigate the optimism. Well, despite our claims that there are no downsides, I guess there are a couple. Most importantly, relevant to your discussion here, is that our owners don't really do public announcements, as chesterguy said above. They are like the quiet guy at school who stands there with a couple of friends in the playground, being totally ignored, and everyone forgets he's there until he is announced as the top performer in the exams. They barely even announced they were building an academy - it just became obvious that they were when architect's designs started circulating in the media - and by the time that the video you guys have shown each other a few times (the academy fly-through) came out we'd known it was going to happen for over a month. The board simply prefers to show what they have done rather than tell what they are going to do. I will admit that it has made us uncertain about what to believe before, but so far, everything has worked out alright and we've simply learned to wait for news and extrapolate what evidence (evidence, not rumour) we have.

It should be mentioned that there are reports from the US that the NYCFC guys have been contacting various fan groups around NYC - about exactly what, I don't know - so it's not unreasonable to believe that they will attempt to contact some fan groups.

• Like 1

Someone asked a few days back for some negatives about City's owners just to mitigate the optimism. Well, despite our claims that there are no downsides, I guess there are a couple. Most importantly, relevant to your discussion here, is that our owners don't really do public announcements, as chesterguy said above. They are like the quiet guy at school who stands there with a couple of friends in the playground, being totally ignored, and everyone forgets he's there until he is announced as the top performer in the exams. They barely even announced they were building an academy - it just became obvious that they were when architect's designs started circulating in the media - and by the time that the video you guys have shown each other a few times (the academy fly-through) came out we'd known it was going to happen for over a month. The board simply prefers to show what they have done rather than tell what they are going to do. I will admit that it has made us uncertain about what to believe before, but so far, everything has worked out alright and we've simply learned to wait for news and extrapolate what evidence (evidence, not rumour) we have.

It should be mentioned that there are reports from the US that the NYCFC guys have been contacting various fan groups around NYC - about exactly what, I don't know - so it's not unreasonable to believe that they will attempt to contact some fan groups.

I think I can handle that rather than this ad nauseam #believe that we've had to endure this season.

• Like 2

I think I can handle that rather than this ad nauseam #believe that we've had to endure this season.

I think once the make the first contact we will get a good idea of what there intentions are and everything will calm down. It's just all the not knowing and trying to read between the lines etc. Right now everyone is getting worried. It's just what the terrorists (victory,smfc,media) want !! Don't let the terrorists win !!! 

It seems there has been a 'town hall meeting' 2 weeks ago with 'New York City FC stakeholders, something that sounds similar to the Fan Forums that the previous owners did with Melbourne Heart. According to reports, the event was somewhat fractious and colourful:

New York City F.C. Stadium Town Hall turns ugly

By Dave Martinez, January 16, 2014

BRONX, N.Y. | It didn’t take long for a well-intentioned town hall meeting to break down into chaos as opponents and backers of the proposed New York City F.C. stadium in the South Bronx clashed on the issue.

Over 300 people, mainly Bronx residents, gathered at 900 Grand Concourse for what started as a civil discourse but quickly deteriorated into jibes and insults, culminating in one person’s ejection after an expletive laden rant.

The event, hosted by the 161st street BID, had several local politicians in attendance, and even a representative from the Yankees.

“We view this process as a vital tool that will assist us all in moving forward in a productive manner,” Brian Smith, Senior Vice President of Baseball Operations of the New York Yankees said.

Several people lined up to speak their mind on the project, with a plethora of community organizations, religious institutions and non-profit organizations lined up in favor of the Yankee-backed initiative, while labor workers and local residents offered tepid-curiousity or all-out opposition to the stadium.

Many of those organizations backing the NYCFC stadium did so from first hand knowledge of working alongside the Yankees in the local community.

“A lot of how we have been able to serve 1,500 children and continue to grow is largely due to the partnership we have, the volunteers and the great support of the New York Yankees,” Johnny Rivera of Harlem RBI said. “Soccer is something that is valuable, lots of people enjoy, it’s the number one sport in the world, so we support you.”

“We also support it because the Yankees are involved in it and the Yankees have always kept their promises to the church,” Bishop Doctor Timothy Burkett explained. “If the Yankees are involved in it, I will support it.”

Local residents turned a more critical eye towards the proposal, citing reported tax breaks, construction related vermin infestation, air pollution and the continued deterioration of local infrastructure in their opposition.

“The traffic problems are horrible, it’s not good for local businesses, after this construction, there won’t be any new jobs,” one concerned resident said. “The site will be unused more than 300 days a year. This is why people shot down Mayor Bloomberg’s idea of a Jets Stadium in Midtown.”

“Why would a soccer team not be able to play Yankee Stadium, Citifield or Metlife for only 35 games a year?” another resident exclaimed. “The owner of Manchester City Football is Sheihk Mansour. Why would he need public subsidies to build a stadium? His personal wealth is listed at $12 billion! Why does the South Bronx have to build him a stadium?

“How many jobs will the stadium create for only 35 games?” he continued. “I eat more than 35 days a year, I have to pay rent more than 35 days a year. It’s not full time jobs, it’s not benefit jobs.”

“Where is the Sheihk!” shouted another.

Those still stuck on either side of the fence seemed to have a similar message. As one Bronx resident put it, “If they want to build it, fine. Use your own money.”

With each speaker came plenty of sniping and cursing from the crowd. Frustrations boiled over as one speaker, a professed Communist who claimed to speak for “the working man,” unleashed an expletive laden rant on capitalism. Forced off the mic, he continued to shout and began to charge the front forum. Off-duty police and local security personnel forcibly tackled the man and escorted him from the building. Several labor representatives walked out with him in a show of solidarity.

This is only the beginning of what will continue to be a hot button issue. Moderator and 161st BID leader Cary Goodman called the event “a restart” to the South Bronx Stadium project. As he points out, the original Bloomberg plan, including all of it’s tax subsidies, have been shelved by the new administration. “We are starting from scratch,” he said, encouraging people to lay their concerns on the table.

NYCFC will likely hold the next town hall, with their representative revealing a coming forum on a date to be determined.

“I know for a fact that it is a priority of New York City F.C. to present the accurate facts related to the soccer stadium project and their commitment to this community in the near future in a forum similar to this this evening,” Rivera said. “That information will be confirmed and shared with all shortly.”

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/stadium-hall-turns-22555/

Edited by Murfy1

I was going to write my peace about heart and that but i think we've all read enough essay lengthed paragraphs today

But i will say that these new owners are not stupid, i'm very confident that they will host some type of fan forum where fans be able to communicate how we have all grown to love the colours and the club.

And if they don't? The onus is on us as fans to write letters to the club, start a hashtag or do any other thing possible to communicate to the owners how we want the club to stay the same. We don't need some fan representative group to speak for us, if people are so passionate about keeping the heart get off your ass and do something about it!

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

I was going to write my peace about heart and that but i think we've all read enough essay lengthed paragraphs today

But i will say that these new owners are not stupid, i'm very confident that they will host some type of fan forum where fans be able to communicate how we have all grown to love the colours and the club.

And if they don't? The onus is on us as fans to write letters to the club, start a hashtag or do any other thing possible to communicate to the owners how we want the club to stay the same. We don't need some fan representative group to speak for us, if people are so passionate about keeping the heart get off your ass and do something about it!

agreed.

For me the most sensible way to go about it is wait for them to contact us and tell us there intensions, give an opinion, then if ignored then act. Until then we'll just look silly getting carried away now. It's like some nutter accusing you of something they haven't done. 

Edited by thedukeofhearts

As an outsider from the UK would it be possible for someone to explain the different supporters groups? It seems Yarraside are the dominant group ? Is it based on areas ? As a city fan looking in it would give us some understanding

over here you can't stand or have large flags around the grounds. We have what are called active areas. These are areas you can stand and wave flags in. This is were the chanting is generated. The group in this area is called Yarraside (the word yarra comes from melbourne river that runs behind the stadium). There's only the one group. I don't actually know how big it is really in terms of numbers. There's the yarraside core and then there's others that just say they are a yarrasiders, and then there's others that just stand in the area because they want to chant with them (like me). You'll probably get a better idea on friday if you watch the game. They/we will be behind the goals. (the other end hardly has anyone in it so you wont get mixed up). An actual yarrasider core person could explain numbers better and correct me though. 

A guy from Cyprus at my work asked if I had heard anything about Heart eventually joining forces with South Melbourne FC. When I told him no, never heard anything like that he said that it would make so much sense,

Found that a bit cryptic to say the least, why should Heart "join forces" with another club in Melbourne? There is a reason..?

Maybe instead of building new training facilities, we can train at and use Lakeside Stadium as our base - can't get much more central than that. It even has a skyish-blue running track ;)

lakeside-stadium-in-albert-park.jpg It also has a awesome swimming pool, running track and gym over the road and offices all around it. As long as we have no ties what so ever with that other club.....

Edited by Pandev

Seems to me as a MCFC fan from the other side of the World, there are some ungrateful bastards here!

From what I have read,not just here, the Heart were more or less bankrupt and could easily have been wound up this year.

You have had nothing to shout about judging by the teams results, and at the end of the day we don`t support our teams to fail!

You have been given the opportunity to climb the league, to compete with the best, to bring in some silver to your(at the moment)non existent trophy room.

You go on about the history of the club and that you should keep your colours and your name?

Your club has no history.You have supported them yes, you have great memories of being with the club since the start, but it still has no history, or at least nothing to be proud of.

I know it`s off the rail but what if Coke decided to save your local RolaCola factory? You think they`d want to keep the name, the bottle,the motif? Not a chance.

MCFC is the brand, blue is the colour, get used to it because if the owners say that`s how it is going to be, then that`s how it`s going to be!

You may think there is a need to contact the club with your feelings but I have to tell you now that there is someone on this site and any other Heart forums, working on behalf of the owners, looking at what people have to say.They will be aware that there are some who don`t like the idea of name or colour changes. These people are not stupid.

Making any kind of approach to the clubs owners complaining about colours and name, threatening to stop attending matches or anything else you think will help you keep the name could lead to them pulling out.

$5,000,000 or whatever  it was they paid is a drop in the ocean to them. They could easily decide to walk away leaving you with nothing.

Be very careful what you wish for.

• Like 1

It seems there has been a 'town hall meeting' 2 weeks ago with 'New York City FC stakeholders, something that sounds similar to the Fan Forums that the previous owners did with Melbourne Heart. According to reports, the event was somewhat fractious and colourful:

It wasn't a fan forum. It was perhaps the opposite. It was a community meeting for local Bronx residents who live around where we are planning to build NYCFC's stadium. The news had leaked earlier that week that we had been offered $150m of tax breaks in exchange for building in a specific site in the Bronx by the outgoing Mayor and the locals were furious. On top of this, the response from a lot of Americans has been to say "we don't want a sports team owned by a man who lives in a country where there are less civil liberties, rage rage gay rights rage rage cowboys murica yeehaw". Consequently when they held a community meeting -attended by NYCFC officials - to speak to local residents, pretty much the only attendees were the ones who were determined to block it from happening. In all likelihood there were probably less than a dozen there who even like football.

Please don`t apologise on my behalf!

Why would I apologise for a comment on an open forum.

This is an opinion I believe I have the right to make.

Nobody has to agree with it but nobody has to apologise for me either.

Who do you support anyway? Notice you are shown as from Herts or is that heart?

Seems to me as a MCFC fan from the other side of the World, there are some ungrateful bastards here!

From what I have read,not just here, the Heart were more or less bankrupt and could easily have been wound up this year.

You have had nothing to shout about judging by the teams results, and at the end of the day we don`t support our teams to fail!

You have been given the opportunity to climb the league, to compete with the best, to bring in some silver to your(at the moment)non existent trophy room.

You go on about the history of the club and that you should keep your colours and your name?

Your club has no history.You have supported them yes, you have great memories of being with the club since the start, but it still has no history, or at least nothing to be proud of.

I know it`s off the rail but what if Coke decided to save your local RolaCola factory? You think they`d want to keep the name, the bottle,the motif? Not a chance.

MCFC is the brand, blue is the colour, get used to it because if the owners say that`s how it is going to be, then that`s how it`s going to be!

You may think there is a need to contact the club with your feelings but I have to tell you now that there is someone on this site and any other Heart forums, working on behalf of the owners, looking at what people have to say.They will be aware that there are some who don`t like the idea of name or colour changes. These people are not stupid.

Making any kind of approach to the clubs owners complaining about colours and name, threatening to stop attending matches or anything else you think will help you keep the name could lead to them pulling out.

$5,000,000 or whatever  it was they paid is a drop in the ocean to them. They could easily decide to walk away leaving you with nothing.

We wern't bankrupt, in fact one of very few clubs to make a small profit last year. But the owners didn't have the means or desire to spend to make the club successful.

Anyway, we're certainly not ungrateful. I thought you probably would've picked up that we're firstly shocked, but also incredibly excited. I think City have won plenty of fans and admirers here, including me.

Most seem to accept a name change, and many are prepared to compromise in some way on the kit. All we're really wanting is to keep our colours and a sense of our own identity, like supporters of probably any club in the world would want to.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 1

You may think there is a need to contact the club with your feelings but I have to tell you now that there is someone on this site and any other Heart forums, working on behalf of the owners, looking at what people have to say.They will be aware that there are some who don`t like the idea of name or colour changes. These people are not stupid.

$5,000,000 or whatever it was they paid is a drop in the ocean to them. They could easily decide to walk away leaving you with nothing.

Nawwwww do you a hug ??? ;) come on champ, I don't what's got you down, but it will be ok!!  :up: 

hugs_040.jpg

Edited by thedukeofhearts

I'll knife you, you Manc twat.

bring in some silver to your(at the moment)non existent trophy room.

He obviously hasn't seen our Craig Foster Cup

Edited by LR9
  • Like 2

I'll knife you, you Manc twat.

crocodile-dundee-knife.jpg

• Like 1

I'm a MCFC fan - I live in Herts because my mum moved there from Manchester.

I respect that you have a right to an opinion, but do you not realise that sometimes actually broadcasting those views does nothing but damage? What did you really think the response to your comment was going to be, everyone bowing their heads in submission and replying to say that they'd seen the light and now were ready to campaign for their club to be wiped out and restarted? Would you really react that way if a rag came into Blue moon and proclaimed that by agreeing to rebrand ourselves as Man Utd II that we would suddenly gain access to their 10 billion fans and it would make life easier for us? Did you really not think that the likely response would be everyone here turning to you and saying "well maybe we don't want to be involved with City after all if that's the cost"?