Melbourne Football

MHFC ads

Pandev

Gotta say, the recent spike not only coincides with the Engelaar announcement, but also this increased adware presence we've seen the past 5-6 days, seems to be working.

Good on the club, but I wonder how broad it is, or if its targeting a niche market e.g. forum users and those connected with the clubs FB and twitter, because I gotta say I see it on roughly half the sites I visit, if not more...

• Like 1

Was taking a look at the Heart thread on the Victory forum and found this absolute pearler:

8 Hours Ago#17783
user-online.pngMarquee

Join Date Nov 2006 Location somewhere in the known universe Posts 3,331

Wtf is it with all these Heart membership Believe ads popping up all over the ****ing Internet? it's giving me the shits.

Can't go on any of my favourite sites or read articles and shit without it popping up in my face very annoying.

Melbourne Victory, S.S.C Napoli, Liverpool F.C, Geelong Cats, Pittsburgh Penguins, forever till I die.

Edited by Nate

Was taking a look at the Heart thread on the Victory forum and found this absolute pearler:

8 Hours Ago#17783
user-online.pngMarquee

Wtf is it with all these Heart membership Believe ads popping up all over the ****ing Internet? it's giving me the shits.

Can't go on any of my favourite sites or read articles and shit without it popping up in my face very annoying.

Melbourne Victory, S.S.C Napoli, Liverpool F.C, Geelong Cats, Pittsburgh Penguins, forever till I die.

thats gold - just to shit 'em right up.

like murfy, i'm a little sceptical given it could just be the advertising agencies targeting our cookies and browser history, but if the visitors are getting them then the reach / promotion range must be al-right to pick up people who wouldnt come near a Heart site.

Doesn't matter what audience it's going to. There's been enough moaning on here about the club "not doing enough" etc. Now we're doing something positive, and it's getting our message out there and that's what counts.

All credit to the club for this.

• Like 3

8 Hours Ago#17783
user-online.pngMarquee

The same person replied on the Bigfooty MHFC Thread

post-3011-0-58120000-1376524030_thumb.pn

• Like 1

It's definitely because you're searching, visiting, looking up mhfc and/or football stuff, that's how it works. It would cost more than our club's annual budget if it was coming up for everyone else the same amount of times as people in this thread claim to see it.

• Like 1