Melbourne Football

Grant Holt

Braveheart

There's so much to talk about Heart lately, we're all over the media with all these rumours and speculation. I'm loving it! Even if none of these come to fruition, the fact that we're taking chances and being ambitious really shows that the club is moving forward.

• Like 1

There's so much to talk about Heart lately, we're all over the media with all these rumours and speculation. I'm loving it! Even if none of these come to fruition, the fact that we're taking chances and being ambitious really shows that the club is moving forward.

This. Heart's making some serious and very good moves for next season. The club's now far beyond signing unknown Brazilian strikers (Maycon) and other not good enough VISA players (e.g. Steven Gray).

P.S. It also shows that when nothing is being reported, the club is keeping itself busy. Over the past three to five weeks, when nothing really happened except the signing of Murdocca, the club was clearly laying the groundwork for these signings.

Edited by Murfy1

Again, "It is understood Heart has put in a formal request to negotiate with Holt...", this doesn't mean anything. Wow a formal request - that's because it's a formality, it doesn't mean we'll sign this guy!

I want to get excited, but I need more concrete evidence before I get my hopes up...same goes for Kewell's signature. Until it's confirmed, it doesn't mean squat!

• Like 1

Scotty loves jumping the gun and telling the world what he's planning and who he's talking to and which players we're targeting and then we all feel embarrassed when this shit doesn't eventuate!

Keep it under wraps in case it doesn't happen and announce it when it does happen, then we won't have to go through this nervous in between period.

he's a fat cunt

And was Gazza, and lets face it there is no better sight than a Fat Professional Athlete on your side in full flight and turning it on against slimmer opponents.

When you watch the Auskick at halftime do you cheer for the Skinny Boys or the Awkard Tall Girls?

No everytime you cheer for the Fatty! :up: Owe ya a like.

It's not fair to blame Scott Munn for media speculation. It's impossible to keep any of this stuff out of the media these days. So many people are privy to  these approaches/negotiations - even the proverbial "girl on the switchboard" -  and with the intrusiveness of 'antisocial media' you can't keep anything quiet for long.

Look at the Murdocca saga. Allegedly MM said something to a fellow player at the Brisbane awards night and it went from there.

One thing's for sure. We're getting more publicity than we've ever had before. And it doesn't matter if some of these signings fall through - everyone's forgotten about Lucas Neill now. We're getting "Melbourne Heart" in front of everyone, and that's what counts.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 5

Would move for a lifestyle change im told providing the terms are right!

Holt is obviously the player Munn was talking about on SEN where he said there was an EPL player that we were in talks with and that wages was the issue. Hopefully this can be sorted.. Does anyone know Holt's current wages at Norwich?

Holt is obviously the player Munn was talking about on SEN where he said there was an EPL player that we were in talks with and that wages was the issue. Hopefully this can be sorted.. Does anyone know Holt's current wages at Norwich?

Holt is currently the club's top earner on £15,000-per-week and still has two years left to run on his existing deal.

Which is roughly 1.3mil AUD a year which is easily achievable

Edited by AntiScum

Holt is currently the club's top earner on £15,000-per-week and still has two years left to run on his existing deal.

Which is roughly 1.3mil AUD a year which is easily achievable

Would be a good signing if we could pull it off. But IMO doesn't look over-likely...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2324505/Grant-Holt-hints-Norwich-exit.html indicates he doesn't want to move his family all over the place.

I'm impressed. Very impressed. Statement indeed. He is a gun. Would destroy this league.

Impressed enough by all this to stop being so negative and give a kick start to all that great work you were doing last year?

OneMelburnian+Kewell+Marquee+FTA and a bit of luck with results could very well equal long term stability.

Edited by Jimmy

maybe he could be persuaded with the club sending his children to one of melbourne's elite schools, as part of the deal?

One thing we've got going for us is that Melbourne is a great place to raise a family, and especially with the type of money he would be on as a marquee he would be living a very good life.

If we signed every player we have been rumored to get, we would have won the league 3 years straight.. Not getting my hopes up until he puts pen to paper. But wow, would be perfect for the league, he would tear it up.

If we signed every player we have been rumored to get, we would have won the league 3 years straight.. Not getting my hopes up until he puts pen to paper. But wow, would be perfect for the league, he would tear it up.

We're Heart, we still would've found a way to lose!