Melbourne Football

Personal thoughts on Yarraside being the best it can be in 2013.

marteaux

Core is aware of most the issues you have pointed out as being necessary of its attention,

And We will be letting other Terrace Members know in the upcoming weeks and months where their help would be appreciated so that the Terrace starts of with Bang. 

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

I will start going to the pub next season, I always feel awkward in pubs because I am straightedge, but I think I can deal with it, and it would be good to get to know everyone :P

I also volunteer to be a permanent drummer. Seriously. I am a bass player so I am not rhythmically retarded haha!

• Like 5

I will start going to the pub next season, I always feel awkward in pubs because I am straightedge, but I think I can deal with it, and it would be good to get to know everyone :P

I also volunteer to be a permanent drummer. Seriously. I am a bass player so I am not rhythmically retarded haha!

:D

Great post man - introduce urself during preseason /at pub.

I always make the effort to try and give money to yarraside during games whenever they pass the bucket around, i would be more than happy to donate more money rather than just change from beer, is there any specific target that we're trying to achieve? Like 10,000 or so?? More than happy to donate 100 bucks or so than just a couple of bucks if we're working towards a total :up:

Pre-season i would agree has always been poor in getting big heart numbers, Iast season was the first time i've been to some pre-season matches, and i enjoyed them thoroughly. I don't understand why more people don't go, but it would be nice to see more people there.

Have the pub numbers increased year by year marty? The last time i went was for the final against Perth, i'll have to make more of an effort to get down there. Work usually fucks me over, so i can't get there pre-game most days, but do most people also go post-game? Would be nice to meet some of the people on here :up:

Shirley Temples on me :)

More exposure to new chants, more of a push to singing original/semi original songs

Songs like :  Melbourne I'm in love,

Paddy G song

Amongst others were tried many times last year and they were greeted by so many blank looks come game day,

Maybe somehow we could use the official heart page to post chants on game day/day before.

• Like 1

Silly-ish question, would it be possible to organise (if the situation is the same as last year) for any black tarps draped over any seats to be Melbourne Heart-afied by something we've put together?

This, except have people printed on it so it looks like we have more people in the stands, thus adding to the atmosphere and general game day experience.

• Like 1

I think in most importantly, instead of having the active bays 1 to the left and 1 to the right, we extend backwards (we as in yarraside)

it could be 3 or 4 or even 5 rows.... As we have seen its a struggle to get people standing left and right of the yarraside, yet we can have it packed with people who are willing to sit next to the yarraside and extend backwards.

• Like 2

I think in most importantly, instead of having the active bays 1 to the left and 1 to the right, we extend backwards (we as in yarraside)

it could be 3 or 4 or even 5 rows.... As we have seen its a struggle to get people standing left and right of the yarraside, yet we can have it packed with people who are willing to sit next to the yarraside and extend backwards.

Supposedly It is an OH&S issue although last year victory were allowed to extend further back

Bringing as many mates as you can to home games is the best way for our club to grow, we just have to hope the team performs on that particular day to hold new fans interest. Unfortunately people will only get in board at this point if the team is winning regularly. 

We should try to do organize something similar to this at the Southern End. Particularly for derbies.

red_and_white_stripes_at_st_marys_stadiu

You gonna pay for it pal?

And are you gonna organise it if he does, pal?

Simply - our fan base is too mentality inept to ever be capable of pulling off a card tifo.

They can barely understand how a pull over works. And all they have to is stand (well, sit) there as it goes over top of them.

Would love to see a card tifo one day, but sadly I cant see it happening any time soon.

The man is speaks the truth.

I think if we bring back the large "Flag of Melbourne" as a simple pullover for games where we dont have anything special one then we can probably educate slowly PPL how to do these things better...

Its also a chance to use a Ace Flag. :up:

• Like 4

Would love to see a huge tifo for derbys that say 'This towns blood runs red.' with a giant drawing of a heart. 

something like...

5950075880_de56c8768e_z.jpg

but more 'animated'. if i could draw it try it myself :P

Edited by Dylan

We should try to do organize something similar to this at the Southern End. Particularly for derbies.

You gonna pay for it pal? And are you gonna organise it if he does, pal?

Simply - our fan base is too mentality inept to ever be capable of pulling off a card tifo.

For sure, if I'm allowed to, tbh I want to be alot more proactive in the terrace from now on but it's just a matter of if I'm allowed to help.

Srs question, If I did ask to be part of organisation of displays, chants, terrace structure etc. what would your answer be?

You personally.

I have my assumptions about your answer to this question

Edited by CALZALOL
  • Like 2

For sure, if I'm allowed to, tbh I want be alot more proactive in the terrace from now on but it's just a matter of if I'm allowed to help. 

Srs question, If I did ask to be part of organisation of displays, chants, terrace structure etc. what would your answer be?

You personally.

You can help mate. Probably wont be a card tifo, lol. Also the decision isnt up to Marteaux anyway.

• Like 2

For sure, if I'm allowed to, tbh I want be alot more proactive in the terrace from now on but it's just a matter of if I'm allowed to help. 

You personally.

You can help mate. Probably wont be a card tifo, lol. Also the decision isnt up to Marteaux anyway.

This.

Simply - our fan base is too mentality inept to ever be capable of pulling off a card tifo. For sure, if I'm allowed to, tbh I want to be alot more proactive in the terrace from now on but it's just a matter of if I'm allowed to help.

You personally.

Baz sed - not my decision.

I am more involved in the beer drinking and insults business these days :up:

Simply - our fan base is too mentality inept to ever be capable of pulling off a card tifo. For sure, if I'm allowed to, tbh I want to be alot more proactive in the terrace from now on but it's just a matter of if I'm allowed to help.

You personally.

We also need as much help as possible and every season things will come up,

Hopefully in the next few weeks we will have setup a process on the forum for people (Such as yourself) to contact those involved in Tifo so we can as many PPL as possible making the best displays as possible.

You gonna pay for it pal?And are you gonna organise it if he does, pal?

Simply - our fan base is too mentality inept to ever be capable of pulling off a card tifo.For sure, if I'm allowed to, tbh I want to be alot more proactive in the terrace from now on but it's just a matter of if I'm allowed to help.

You personally.

We also need as much help as possible and every season things will come up,

Hopefully in the next few weeks we will have setup a process on the forum for people (Such as yourself) to contact those involved in Tifo so we can as many PPL as possible making the best displays as possible. Excellent, shall be one of the first to put my hand up to help