Melbourne Football

MHFC vs WSW 16/3 aka We're having a party

spain82

When he came to, he admitted being a Heart fan. Fucking tosser. Can't wait to see all you boys again. 

I cannot believe you guys are praising this fuckwit for dog shoting some bloke who is just a random supporter. He wasn't our capo. He didn't have an RBB scarf and he was in the middle of a call/ response chant. 

will you seriously fucking neck yourself. no one wants your pish thoughts posted on this forum. You have a cheek calling anyone a dog. 

Run at me bro!

fuck of internet warrior, did u enjoy the game from your arm-chair yday before opening up the kebab shop??

Mate, I set up a stand outside AAMI Stadium yesterday. It was great. Sold a shit load of spines to Heart supporters and players.

And you call me the internet warrior. Pot, kettle. 

Edited by Benched

fuck of internet warrior, did u enjoy the game from your arm-chair yday before opening up the kebab shop??

Mate, I set up a stand outside AAMI Stadium yesterday. It was great. Sold a shit load of spines to Heart supporters and players.

And you call me the internet warrior. Pot, kettle. 

of course you did champ. your all good at running your mouth behind a keyboard, why didnt you make yourself known? would of loved to have met you in the flesh champ...still in melbourne are you?

Edited by spain82

When he came to, he admitted being a Heart fan. Fucking tosser. Can't wait to see all you boys again. 

I cannot believe you guys are praising this fuckwit for dog shoting some bloke who is just a random supporter. He wasn't our capo. He didn't have an RBB scarf and he was in the middle of a call/ response chant. 

will you seriously fucking neck yourself. no one wants your pish thoughts posted on this forum. You have a cheek calling anyone a dog. 

I do. It's a supporters forum. I think it's shit that supporters are being told to stop posting because they have an opinion that they don't want to see violence at the football.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 6

Okay let's talk factual.

The guy who got hit wasn't capo.

The guy who threw the punch has probably got the biggest balls known to mankind.

He naturally got his fair share of hits as well.

That's all there is to it, leave it at that.

• Like 1

What we are talking about is just the sort of behaviour by a paying spectator (whoever he is) that will be utterly unpersuasive in convincing those security boneheads to adopt a more nuanced understanding of active support in football. Whilst it's tempting for some to enjoy the thrill of the battle, its important not to lose the war. Things like king hitting other spectators and even flares are counter-productive in helping security understand our culture. My view is that it isn't admirable, it's concerning. I'm concerned for the guy that he hit and I'm concerned for him as he was obviously beaten up as well.

I wasn't at this game but removing the capo leaves Yarraside leaderless during a crucial game and was a dumb thing to do. Yarraside can also learn from this, and needs someone who can step into the position if needed. We need to become more disciplined, not less, and it would be helpful to have the club management on-side in negotiating with the security. I've seen ground security work very well in Europe but there seem to be 2 requirements for this - either no alcohol in the stadium (Spain) or ground security employed by and clearly identified with the club (Germany and UK)

What we are talking about is just the sort of behaviour by a paying spectator (whoever he is) that will be utterly unpersuasive in convincing those security boneheads to adopt a more nuanced understanding of active support in football. Whilst it's tempting for some to enjoy the thrill of the battle, its important not to lose the war. Things like king hitting other spectators and even flares are counter-productive in helping security understand our culture. My view is that it isn't admirable, it's concerning. I'm concerned for the guy that he hit and I'm concerned for him as he was obviously beaten up as well.

I wasn't at this game but removing the capo leaves Yarraside leaderless during a crucial game and was a dumb thing to do. Yarraside can also learn from this, and needs someone who can step into the position if needed. We need to become more disciplined, not less, and it would be helpful to have the club management on-side in negotiating with the security. I've seen ground security work very well in Europe but there seem to be 2 requirements for this - either no alcohol in the stadium (Spain) or ground security employed by and clearly identified with the club (Germany and UK)

Thats generally across all of Europe, can buy beer on the concourse but is not allowed into the stands.

The seccos here just do not know how to approach us. they all know what goes on at football matches but IMO their power hungry individuals who like to exercise their authority over ppl because theres not much other joy in their lives. 

Either the security let the guy in that king hit the bloke because to get in there you had to get through a wall of security so if he didn't have a ticket security's dropped the ball there or he has gone out and purchased an away bay ticket. The bloke doesnt represent yarraside he doesn't represent melbourne heart as a group. He may have the biggest balls but what a dumb act.
  • Like 1

Sometimes a team huffs and puffs but it comes to nothing. Just got beaten by a better team. The FFA gave WSW a leg up to make sure it was competitive in the first season. Well they sure achieved that goal. Popovic just too clever with the players at his disposal. Loved Golgol's work in the first half and what a cracker. We just got turned over by some lax defending and they put away the opportunities. Simple. Now for the player cleanout.

WSW have been given a leg up by having an oveseas player concession. That's it. They get allowed two extra overseas players. Hardly a leg up. And the fact that Popovic has only made use of just one of those concessions says even more; he is not taking advantage of that apparent leg up. Then we get onto the fact that one of their overseas players has been more of a thorn in their side up front if anything, and has struggled to make decent inroads, many WSW fans calling for him to be dropped (and many still would if not for the fact of his status as a cult hero, not for his playing but for his character).

Either the security let the guy in that king hit the bloke because to get in there you had to get through a wall of security so if he didn't have a ticket security's dropped the ball there or he has gone out and purchased an away bay ticket. The bloke doesnt represent yarraside he doesn't represent melbourne heart as a group. He may have the biggest balls but what a dumb act.

Yes, perhaps we's be better off focusing on the overall poor performance of the security guys rather than congratulating some lemming on the size of his balls

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said police were aware of the assault captured on video but were not investigating the matter because no complainant had come forward.

Since when does criminal prosecution require a complainant to come forward? Especially when he is caught on video...   :droy:

• Like 4

Well several things to talk about from last night, its taken me a while but here it is:

1. The boys had a dig last night, thank christ. The first 45 minutes it all looked quite reasonable, and we possibly could have had the lead at halftime. Speaking with them afterwards, they were gutted, echausted and had given it their all.

2. The fans were great for the first half too, especially the trumpeters who sounded sensational.

Then we move to the second half........ all I can say is WHAT A SHAMBLES!!!

1. First of all, security did not handle things well at all with taking Ando out. They obviously know he is well liked within the group and that taking him out was going to cause a fair old rukkus, so hopefully the club and ACG get some sort of dialogue happening.

2. The reaction after that, it was a joke. Purely and simply a joke. I respect Ando and he does a fantastic job, met him at an away game and seems like a decent bloke who is extremely committed to the club. However, this is absolutely NO EXCUSE to carry on the way that everyone did afterwards. It made us (Melbourne Heart fans) look pathetic and it was disgraceful.

I also don't get why everyone around felt the need to pressure everyone to move, the name of the group is YARRASIDE, now on my geography, that means at the Yarra end, not the Northern end. Frankly I wasn't going to the other end, for various reasons, but if you wanna get in my face about it then just FUCK OFF. I felt sorry for Ando, but I wasn't planning on moving.

The club now has a serious image problem I feel, as the mess from last night, coupled with the Etihad episodes earlier in the season, have given us a massive image problem.

I hope the guy who kinghit the WSW fan is caught and dealt with, no need for them to be at any matches, regardless of who he follows (I personally believe it was a Victory fan causing problems).

Before all you guys shoot me down for my view, just consider how much of an image killer this is.

WIll miss home games now after the season has ended and can't wait to see most of you next year.

• Like 4

I also don't get why everyone around felt the need to pressure everyone to move, the name of the group is YARRASIDE, now on my geography, that means at the Yarra end, not the Northern end. Frankly I wasn't going to the other end, for various reasons, but if you wanna get in my face about it then just FUCK OFF. I felt sorry for Ando, but I wasn't planning on moving.

Glad to know i am in the trenches with these sort of blokes....90% of this fan base are clowns. 

• Like 1

Glad to know i am in the trenches with these sort of blokes....90% of this fan base are clowns. 

Did you feel really big last night, and YOU have the audacity to call me a clown. Mate if there was a true cause to this move, I would happily have joined in, but for one act of stupidity by security..... come on mate.

Dont you ever EVER question my committment to this CLUB, as I am just as committed as you are. My priority was watching the GAME, and trying to help the CLUB, to get a vital 3 points at home.

Did you feel really big last night, and YOU have the audacity to call me a clown. Mate if there was a true cause to this move, I would happily have joined in, but for one act of stupidity by security..... come on mate.

Dont you ever EVER question my committment to this CLUB, as I am just as committed as you are. My priority was watching the GAME, and trying to help the CLUB, to get a vital 3 points at home.

Certainly did knowing that through my actions and the actions of my comrades ,our fallen comrade Ando knew he was not alone and that the treatment of the Yarraside by ACG/VicPol will not be tolerated. 

as I said before, All for one, One for all

Certainly did knowing that through my actions and the actions of my comrades ,our fallen comrade Ando knew he was not alone and that the treatment of the Yarraside by ACG/VicPol will not be tolerated. 

Yeah well either way champ, don;t question my committment, I make my protest in other ways (ie - Communicating with the parties involved directly).

Ever think that might achieve something longterm instead of just being rash..... and making things worse moving forward to the point where the Yarraside may face extreme difficulties....

Seriously...

So much for freedom of speech. My last 3 post have been deleted. Is spain82 a moderator by any chance? Or the moderator is a sympathiser of his.

What do you have to do with anyone of this? The issue in discussion is about the move to the north end in support of our fucking capo, not to go give shit to you gypsies. Shut up.

Yeah well either way champ, don;t question my committment, I make my protest in other ways (ie - Communicating with the parties involved directly).

Ever think that might achieve something longterm instead of just being rash..... and making things worse moving forward to the point where the Yarraside may face extreme difficulties....

Seriously...

FFS, the guy got fucking stomped on, and when that happens to mates, I don't think 'long term thought' comes to mind.

• Like 2

Seriously...

FFS, the guy got fucking stomped on, and when that happens to mates, I don't think 'long term thought' comes to mind

Regardless mate, the damage has been done, I expressed a view and defended myself and all I got for it was shit.

Seriously...

FFS, the guy got fucking stomped on, and when that happens to mates, I don't think 'long term thought' comes to mind

Regardless mate, the damage has been done, I expressed a view and defended myself and all I got for it was shit.

That was all I said princess stop getting butt-hurt because we share different opinions. 

Seriously...

That was all I said princess stop getting butt-hurt because we share different opinions. 

Whatever, lets all move on

So Yarraside think they are bigger than the club? That is all I am hearing right now. Wouldn't be surprised if crowds stagnate or decrease because of this sort of stuff.

Very disappointed with how this was handled by our supporters. If the kapo is refused entry, this needs to be tabled with the club and security, if this fails, then you protest, not the other way around.

Wake up people, this is A-U-S-T-R-A-L-I-A people are deeply suspicious and prejudiced against our code, we have to counter them in smarter ways than what we're currently doing! Fuck I migrated here from Germany only a few years back and I get it, whenever there's a bad headline in the Herald Sun my work colleagues are all "this doesn't happen in other codes" and "isn't it dangerous in the home end", etc etc...

Long story short the fan reaction was stupid and has harmed our club. Staying in the home end and keeping up the chants would have sent a strong signal and put the spotlight on security, not the active support...use your brain!!!

• Like 2

If you saw Ando being dragged out by his feet you would be just as equally appalled as everyone else. 

I did also witness a police office restrain an ACG employer from trying to hit a minor.

I would also like to say that;

1. Benched you are sooking about a person who came into your bay and hit one of your supporters (no im not making excuses for this person), yet our supporters were treated to much worse when they travelled up there.

2. The movement of Yarraside to the north end of the stadium was simply to protest what had happened. It was in no way a move to antagonise the RBB.

3. People on WS forum saying YS should have gone somewhere else other than north end because we should have known that it would antagonise the RBB, realistically there was no where else to go and its a bit high and mighty coming from WS supporters who chose to march past the REH at the Sydney Derby full well knowing that it would lead to trouble, and we know how well that turned out. and to put in context a split decision by YS to move to north end compared to a decision by RBB that had weeks even months to think about.

Perhaps it's helpful for YS and RBB and all the other supporter groups to work together to ensure that this sort of bullshit just doesn't happen at either venue. The better we police ourselves, the less need there is for ground security. Last month I was at La Roseleda, the CF Malaga ground to watch Malaga play Bilbao, there was no ground security whatsoever apart from a few guys checking tickets. Not one goon, but also no bad behaviour at all.

Edited by belaguttman

So Yarraside think they are bigger than the club? That is all I am hearing right now. Wouldn't be surprised if crowds stagnate or decrease because of this sort of stuff.

Very disappointed with how this was handled by our supporters. If the kapo is refused entry, this needs to be tabled with the club and security, if this fails, then you protest, not the other way around.

Wake up people, this is A-U-S-T-R-A-L-I-A people are deeply suspicious and prejudiced against our code, we have to counter them in smarter ways than what we're currently doing! Fuck I migrated here from Germany only a few years back and I get it, whenever there's a bad headline in the Herald Sun my work colleagues are all "this doesn't happen in other codes" and "isn't it dangerous in the home end", etc etc...

Long story short the fan reaction was stupid and has harmed our club. Staying in the home end and keeping up the chants would have sent a strong signal and put the spotlight on security, not the active support...use your brain!!!

where was it stated that Y-Side think they are bigger than the club?

Tensions between the supporters in bay 17 and security were rising quickly so we decided to extricate ourselves from the situation. 

• Like 2

If you saw Ando being dragged out by his feet you would be just as equally appalled as everyone else. 

I did also witness a police office restrain an ACG employer from trying to hit a minor.

I would also like to say that;

1. Benched you are sooking about a person who came into your bay and hit one of your supporters (no im not making excuses for this person), yet our supporters were treated to much worse when they travelled up there.

2. The movement of Yarraside to the north end of the stadium was simply to protest what had happened. It was in no way a move to antagonise the RBB.

3. People on WS forum saying YS should have gone somewhere else other than north end because we should have known that it would antagonise the RBB, realistically there was no where else to go and its a bit high and mighty coming from WS supporters who chose to march past the REH at the Sydney Derby full well knowing that it would lead to trouble, and we know how well that turned out. and to put in context a split decision by YS to move to north end compared to a decision by RBB that had weeks even months to think about.

Malloy, I really couldn't give a rats anymore. But to clarify...

*We are complaining that someone entered our bay and hit a random bloke, not a capo, not a top boy, not even a core RBB member (we all have RBB scarves, not Wanderers scarves) in what was a king hit. Just a shit go.

*At Parramatta, we had a group of our boys take on a group of your boys, outside the stadium. The fuckwits in the stadium didn't come from the RBB. We wouldn't be bothered to walk to the other side of the stadium to cause shit when a meet up had been organised.

* The REH incident was not months in the planning. We followed coppers directions, simple as that. Didn't even start the fight (the Coveites started throwing chairs and bar stools at us) so we retaliated. End of.

* As for you guys changing ends as a sign of solidarity for Ando and a form of protest against security. Cool. However, when you see 25/30 of your blokes charge the away bay, starting shit, then the douche' with the king hit, well, how else do you expect ANYONE to interpret that. In all honesty, we would've been very supportive of any form of protest.