Melbourne Football

Round 22, Sunday February 24th MHFC vs Sydney @ AAMI

Dylan

How about that muppet for bringing flares and posting it on twitter then getting kicked out haha

Link? Pics? ROFF

Just read it on twitter. The guy tweeted his seat and said he may break it later. Said he hid subway under his flares in the bag. As he was smuggling in subway. All trying to be funny.

Just for a different pov my group sat up the northern end due to lack of seats elsewhere abd we really enjoyed the band. They were very loud but I thought they were fun and offered a party atmosphere north. As long as they don't take away from yarraside elsewhere I think they are a good inclusion.

Honestly would be better if they were not there..

Yeah honstly they need to jog on those band people. Thought i was at a sri lankian cricket match instead of a soccer match. Everything was good today except the overcrowding of yarraside. I'm not trying to be a buzzkill, and i'm happy to let as many people into yarraside as possible, but when you have three people sharing 1 seat, the goal celebration may be the last one you ever have lol.

Neil is a faggot.

Got stuck in traffic and got to the game 20 minutes after kick off. So had to sit in the north end, for the amount of people that were there the atmosphere was shithouse. Way too many Del Piero specials who sat there with their arms crossed. Also the band was craps and unnecessary.

But besides those negatives it was great :up: Very good day out and the first timers I took loved it.

Great win, not much from Babalj or Garcia, but a win is great. Trumpeter needs bigger lungs to keep the tune going instead of the bloke w megaphone. Instead of Alex pulling in another 5,000 we need a marquee signing of quality to boost crowds every game.

Give Eli a break, his amazing pass to Germano setup a goal FFS.

• Like 6

I sat a couple of rows behind the yarraside,because my old man decided to come.(Just to boo fat ass #32)

Why does everyone need to be in the one bay in the yarraside.The bay to the right could do with some help,as only half the people there stand.

Or get the black tarp moved back to fit everyone in.

My MOTM was Kalmar until he went off.We must find a starting spot for Meeuwis when he`s right,When we play the ball on the ground we look the goods,just need to pick the pace up at times.

Bring on Dunny-din

Good game!

Redder is pretty decent. I miss Bolton though. Is he basically retired?

The Harlem Shake thing was cringe worthy.

The band was unnecessary. Should just the money to buy us beer instead.

I missed the Perth game as I was working on my European football education, I'm not sure if these were also at the last game but I thought that the band was great as was the trumpeter and the new drum. Ando I can finally hear you with your new megaphone, although I can see that you still have no interest in the game :lol: .

I feel more positive about the way we played yesterday, Walker is providing good width on the right and is also defending very well, he owned ADP for much of the game. Coyne is less convincing on the left, it seemed too easy to turn him and he lacks the aggression and attack of Aziz, however that's why Aziz is in Turkey and Coyne isn't. We still need some work on communication between the back 4 and Redmayne, they were confused about who had responsibility for the ball at times. overall we looked fluent in transition although our ball speed is still too slow. Sydney left huge gaps in the defence but this seemed to be ignored by our forwards, no runs into space, no diagonal balls - this is the next step up for us. Luca$ is the best signing for Heart that Sydney FC has ever made.

Now, back to normal for the next away game (unfortunately)

• Like 1

Great game great atmosphere. That paid band sucked and nearly ruined what was great atmosphere, and made it almost uncomfortable.

At the north end could not hear yarraside or the cove, and was more noise pollution...

Would have been ok in 1 minute blasts, or whenever the cove boys started chanting to drown em out perhaps, or even if they lost there drums might be ok.

Anyhow we won and know how to do it... See what we can do next week in the deep south of NZ

• Like 1

Great game great atmosphere. That paid band sucked and nearly ruined what was great atmosphere, and made it almost uncomfortable.

At the north end could not hear yarraside or the cove, and was more noise pollution...

Would have been ok in 1 minute blasts, or whenever the cove boys started chanting to drown em out perhaps, or even if they lost there drums might be ok.

Anyhow we won and know how to do it... See what we can do next week in the deep south of NZ

maybe that band needs to work in with YS and what is happening in the game rather than just doing their own thing?

maybe that band needs to work in with YS and what is happening in the game rather than just doing their own thing?

TBH I really cannot see this happening in any shape of form, plus we already have a trumpet anyway.

Sick as a dog but dragged myself along. Great game - as BG says, still plenty to work on, especially at the back - great crowd, great atmosphere. Yes there were those who came along to see ADP, but a lot of red and white all around the stadium. I'd say 13,000-14,000 is what we could expect if we were up at the top of the ladder.

Walker superb - the lad from the NYL taking on Del Piero and beating him! Like the look of Coyne - I'd be happy if he was on the books for next season. Vranks and Kalmar very good. Thommo given acres of room in which to move, but his decision-making is way to slow. Bring in Meeuwis.

No-one's mentioned the officials - I thought they had a pretty good game and let the game flow nicely.

Great game and great atmosphere, I don't no about anyone else but there was real tension in air during the game...

The trumpet in the Yarra Side was QUALITY sets us apart from the other teams in the league. It gave a real Latin America feel to it all ... Loved it.

Now we need to back this up against the Phoenix... If we beat them I think were are in...

If Victory beat Newcastle they will do us a favour, if they lose and we win we will be 6pts away from 4th...

How I love to hate the Victoryless...

Sick as a dog but dragged myself along. Great game - as BG says, still plenty to work on, especially at the back - great crowd, great atmosphere. Yes there were those who came along to see ADP, but a lot of red and white all around the stadium. I'd say 13,000-14,000 is what we could expect if we were up at the top of the ladder.

Walker superb - the lad from the NYL taking on Del Piero and beating him! Like the look of Coyne - I'd be happy if he was on the books for next season. Vranks and Kalmar very good. Thommo given acres of room in which to move, but his decision-making is way to slow. Bring in Meeuwis.

No-one's mentioned the officials - I thought they had a pretty good game and let the game flow nicely.

I reckon Marcel will start next week and could be the spur to finally grab some points away from the House of Pain.

Great win, not much from Babalj or Garcia, but a win is great. Trumpeter needs bigger lungs to keep the tune going instead of the bloke w megaphone. Instead of Alex pulling in another 5,000 we need a marquee signing of quality to boost crowds every game.

Give Eli a break, his amazing pass to Germano setup a goal FFS.

quality pass. reminded me of playing fifa.

Great to see Walker producing such consistent efforts, but this could potenitally see him leave sometime soon, would be nice to see him stick around for two more years and really develop him

Agreed we should sign him now if he is not already stiched up.

I'm not sure that foreign scouts would be all over him just yet as he has only just broken into the first team. Loved watching him and ADP having a go however and recognition for Walker won't be far away.

And who do you propose we start in place of Eli.. Jason Hoffman?

the amount of shots Gol Gol had in the short time he was on.. shame pretty much all of them were offside, but Eli had nothing on him

Gol Gol comes off the bench... Very different to starting. Eli is 6'4 90kg, his a CF.. It's about stucture, not who has more shots on goal.

• Like 1

And who do you propose we start in place of Eli.. Jason Hoffman?

the amount of shots Gol Gol had in the short time he was on.. shame pretty much all of them were offside, but Eli had nothing on him

Gol Gol comes off the bench... Very different to starting. Eli is 6'4 90kg, his a CF.. It's about stucture, not who has more shots on goal.

...and by the time Golgol came on Sydney were down to 10 men.

I rate both Eli and Gol Gol up front.

If only Eli could get on with the job when a couple of chances slip away rather than dropping his head and slowly walking back to the half way line.

Mind you he gave me a great opportunity to tell my boys that if I ever catch them doing that I rather than getting on with it I would drag them straight away. I'm not sure if JA took Eli off for his attitude or fitness but I would love to see 90 minute Eli. He has the all the ability.

If only Eli could get on with the job when a couple of chances slip away rather than dropping his head and slowly walking back to the half way line.

Mind you he gave me a great opportunity to tell my boys that if I ever catch them doing that I rather than getting on with it I would drag them straight away. I'm not sure if JA took Eli off for his attitude or fitness but I would love to see 90 minute Eli. He has the all the ability.

Lol, anyone else notice how often he went to the drink bottle behind the SFC Keeper's net?

And I also agree we need to sign up Jezza soon as we dont want another Goodwin situation, I think JA having been his first coach in the NYL should help us secure him in the Red and White.

Edited by cadete

Eli's only just turned 20. He's still learning.