Melbourne Football

Transfer window exodus

Tesla

Michael Marrone -> Shanghai

Tom Rogic -> Celtic

Matt Ryan -> Randers FC

Erik Paartalu -> Somewhere in China

Surely Rogic can do better, Celtic is a big club, but the teams he will be playing won't be much more of a challenge than A-League. Does open the door for a move to a bigger European club though.

Matt Ryan's move isn't a bad one if he is first choice, the team is newly promoted but challenging for European places, in a decent league. But could just end up getting stuck there.

China is a similar level to A-League, so meh.

Tom Rogic -> Celtic

Matt Ryan -> Randers FC

Surely Rogic can do better, Celtic is a big club, but the teams he will be playing won't be much more of a challenge than A-League. Does open the door for a move to a bigger European club though.

Wtf are you on about? Celtic are currently in the last 16 of the ECL?

Matt Ryan's move isn't a bad one if he is first choice, the team is newly promoted but challenging for European places, in a decent league. But could just end up getting stuck there.

Playing Div 3 scotland (soon to be Div2) is hardly a step up to anything tbh. Decent league? Even the top flight which he wont be playing in, is what you just rubbished re:Rogic at celtic? What european places?

Edited by Braveheart

Playing Div 3 scotland (soon to be Div2) is hardly a step up to anything tbh. Decent league? Even the top flight which he wont be playing in, is what you just rubbished re:Rogic at celtic? What european places?

Randers, not Rangers... a Danish club. Edited by LR9
  • Like 3

Rofl at BH meltdown

Randers, not Rangers... a Danish club.

:lawl: :lawl: :lawl:

Braveheart :oops: :oops: :oops:

Edited by FB.

I found this interesting. Something I didn't know about transfers of young players.

But under FIFA rules the Mariners will be due nearly twice that even if Ryan leaves when his contract expires at the end of the season. Clubs who sign players under 23 from another country must pay set compensation to the club that developed them.

Edited by jw1739

Randers, not Rangers... a Danish club.

oops read it as rangers. :droy:

He was touted as trialling with them so it made sense in my head :(

Edited by Braveheart

Tom Rogic -> Celtic

Matt Ryan -> Randers FC

Would say that Rogic would be guaranteed Championsleague at Celtic for 3 years, then move at what 24yo to a bigger club if good enough, great move.

Randers...wtf? srs? dont be stupid Danish league is worse than SPL

Also Ibini is trailing at some Danish club.... didnt think he was very good tbh, is fast but hasnt done alot

Ibini is off to Belgium for trials with Standard Liege.

Belgium is where we should be trying to send our young ones to progress. A nation with a population of 11 million that has churned out an unbelievable ammount of of talent in the past 5 years. Skoko and Okon both saw some of thier best football in Belgium, and the added bonus is their is no need for an EU visa.

Don't think Ibini has the technical skills to make it over there, but would be ideal for Rogic.

Belgium is where we should be trying to send our young ones to progress. A nation with a population of 11 million that has churned out an unbelievable ammount of of talent in the past 5 years. Skoko and Okon both saw some of thier best football in Belgium, and the added bonus is their is no need for an EU visa.

Don't think Ibini has the technical skills to make it over there, but would be ideal for Rogic.

yes it would be ideal. could really see him killing it over there.

Rogic to Celtic is a good move IMO. A very good gateway club, will get plenty of game time and will probably end up in the EPL in 2/3 season.

This

Plus the fact Celtic play European Football every single season, something that Championship Clubs like Leeds will probably never do again...

Edited by cadete

Tom Rogic -> Celtic

Matt Ryan -> Randers FC

Would say that Rogic would be guaranteed Championsleague at Celtic for 3 years, then move at what 24yo to a bigger club if good enough, great move.

Randers...wtf? srs? dont be stupid Danish league is worse than SPL

Don't really watch either league, but pretty sure if you got a mid table team from both Scotland and Denmark, the Danish team would be better. Plus the Danish league is much higher on the UEFA coefficients than the Scottish, despite the system used to calculate said coefficients being better suited for the Scottish. So unless you regularly watch both leagues and are basing your opinion on that, I really dont see how my comment is 'stupid', especially since I never actually asserted that the Danish league was better, as, like I said, I don't watch either.

Saying that a move to a team in Denmark is a decent one for one player, and a move to a team in Scotland is not a good one for a completely different player, of a different position, ability, and potential ≠ making any assertion to the relative standard of either leaguem

Edited by Tesla

I read somewhere Ryan was going for 100K?

Top goalkeeper, surely that's a ridiculous price...

Only reason I can think is because his contracts ends at the end of the year?

Agree with mus-28, Belgium would be kinder to Rogic. Slugging it out middle of winter in Scotland against hardened\seasoned professionals, could make or break the kid. In saying that Celtic is a big club!

Pretty good news for Ibini to trail with such a good club.

I thought it was Club Brugge?

Getting a trial is not exactly a transfer. Kamal Ibrahim had a trial with Legia Warsaw but it didn't do him any good.

if Ibini is worth 350k, I will put Behich's price minimum at 800k.

i like your posts most of the time but this is stupid logic

Well I think it might be a bit high, but look at what Behich has achieved as compared to Ibini. Wonder how many Socceroos caps Ibini has won so far.

Just reckon Aziz has more credentials to his name so far than Ibini

Wrap up (up to date Jan 17 afaik)

Ins:

Joel Griffiths > Sydney FC

Matthew Nash > Sydney FC

Cameron Edwards > Melbourne Heart

Ian Hogg > Wellington Phoenix

Jade North > Brisbane Roar

Julius Davies > Brisbane Roar

Nick Fitzgerald > Central Coast

Rocky Visconte > Western Sydney Wanderers

Tiago Calvano > Sydney FC