Melbourne Football

Round 13 - Wellington v MelbourneHFC - Thurs, Dec 27, 5.30pm

Caddy

Not me you pack of sooks! I ain't leaving this fucking club! Be there like I am every fucking week!

I want changes fucken! The fish rots from its head is what I'm saying! If these employees of our club can't answer the questions right, we need to demand change!

Geez, I need to write proper English!

I understand what you meant now, but you're still saying all this folding shit on the previous page. Never a time to say that shit.

Call it frustration, not just on the game today but the fact the club are sitting on their hands doing nothing. They won't do anything to make this club something. Pack of heartless pricks.

We lack winners at this club off the field. But I believe in the fans. Now is time for fans to do something. I'm coming back from rosebud for the next game. Every supporter needs to show to represent this club and demand change.

Frustrating sitting here at my beach house, stunned and pissed off when mates are enjoying themselves. This club shits me. Hurts me deep! I will polish off this slab tonight wake up in my own spew and it will be another day.

The problem is that we don't know what the club is doing. apart from the bland corporate-speak rar rar weekly newsletter that says noting of any substance we have no idea what is going on. We don't want a leaking ship like MV had last season, but we would benefit from some acknowledgement of the issues and a reassurance of a plan to address them.

There are a lot of words being said after this loss and the fact the team has gone bottom of the league that I am sure would not be said within a day or so. We have to remember the team was undermanned today that was always going to make it difficult to get something from the trip to NZ. The thing that disappointed me was the way the boys went defensive after taking a 2-0 lead. Why change tactics, keep being positive and I am sure if they done this we would ll be in a better mood. Having said that things have to change at the club because at the moment we have too many passengers in the squad.

That's exactly the problem George, it's how they played and the mentality, not the result

I agree. Going defensive at 2-0 is probably ok in the 80th minute. But it was the 20th minute!!!

And we weren't even playing one of the strong sides. It was Wellington FFS! We treated Wellington Phoenix as if they were bloody Barcelona. Like they're so freaking good, we should sit back and defend grimly and hope to maybe pinch a goal on the counter. Shithouse.

• Like 1

There are a lot of words being said after this loss and the fact the team has gone bottom of the league that I am sure would not be said within a day or so. We have to remember the team was undermanned today that was always going to make it difficult to get something from the trip to NZ. The thing that disappointed me was the way the boys went defensive after taking a 2-0 lead. Why change tactics, keep being positive and I am sure if they done this we would ll be in a better mood. Having said that things have to change at the club because at the moment we have too many passengers in the squad.

That's exactly the problem George, it's how they played and the mentality, not the result

I agree. Going defensive at 2-0 is probably ok in the 80th minute. But it was the 20th minute!!!

And we weren't even playing one of the strong sides. It was Wellington FFS! We treated Wellington Phoenix as if they were bloody Barcelona. Like they're so freaking good, we should sit back and defend grimly and hope to maybe pinch a goal on the counter. Shithouse.

We did the same against Newcastle at HOME remember.

We cannot find three possessions together in the midfield. We hit and hope to Tadic. The poor guy, always wins the ball from lobbed passes and has no one there to support.

I don't understand the tactics being employed.

Fred is useless now. Thompson has been for a while. Hoffman is a joke gone too far surely. That's our midfield.... Why was Germano on the bench until the 80th minute????

I swear it's like he wanted a loss..

The problem is that we don't know what the club is doing. apart from the bland corporate-speak rar rar weekly newsletter that says noting of any substance we have no idea what is going on. We don't want a leaking ship like MV had last season, but we would benefit from some acknowledgement of the issues and a reassurance of a plan to address them.

I like to think that Scott Munn spends most days flitting from one potential sponsor to another, whilst simultaneously negotiating the major redevelopment of the La Trobe sportsfields with the State Gov't and also securing David Beckhams wife's signature. I'm just not sure how much of that can be disclosed on a regular (and public) basis.

I don't think we went defensive. We were overrun by Nux who stepped up a gear. They were the better team and we couldn't respond. Fred, Thomo not consistent enough and not giving us stability and drive in midfield. Without Garcia, Tadic was left trying to deal with hopeless passes. Willo had one of his "mercurial" nights - basically shit. GolGol is a worry - apart from the free kick he didn't exert any influence. Mitchenson was good, Gray and Vranko had too much to do because we couldn't keep possession in midfield. All in all one of those performances we've seen before.

Great posting people....hope the club bigwigs have a read to see how much passion the true supporters have for this club.

Now, on the game. That was frustrating...

...and what a useless place to play a game and those commentators...really, there should'nt be a NZ team in the A-League

JA keeps showing he knows how to plan for a game, as we often start ok, but he has no confidence / awareness during a game to switch things around or make the right substitutions during a game, especially when the ascendency is with our opposition. Its also like his substitutions are all predetermined and that he sticks with them no matter what.

Why did we go so defensive so quickly and allow the Phoenix so much possession? Yes, when you have a two goal lead you are a good chance for a counter attacking goal, but you will get more out of holding onto some possession, making your opponent work for their chances and tiring and frustrating them.

Blind Freddy could see we needed Germano on the pitch to try and win back some control in midfield. On that, one of the reasons we have been so poor through the centre and going forward is JA's formation. We are always playing two holding defensive midfielders (but both, Thomo and Hoff, are natural attackers), with one attacking MF. If JA wants better results, he must play one chief defensive midfielders and two attacking MFs. This could be other PG or JG.

For those saying the players aren't trying, I somewhat disagree. The players to me seem to be trying almost too hard at times....they are just playing in a team system that has fatal flaws and for an inexperienced coach who is struggling to influence change during a game, something that JVS could do.

The only positives from today were scoring two away goals, Vrankovic and some more minutes for Germano. Grey is a worry...visa spot wasted IMO.

• Like 2

Mitchinson was our best defender until that third goal mistake.

Before that, he was brilliant. So much pressure it was bound to break.

Thought he was very good again!

Grey is a problem being a visa spot. Terrible decision alround. One of many mistakes JD can take blame on.

Gerhardt, Garcia, Behich, Germano all in our starting side against Newcastle will help. If Edwards is eligible I'd have him too.

As a Richmond supporter in the AFL, Jimmy you've hit the mark! A tad ascetic, but it will feel good.

I am also a Richmond supporter and i have now learnt that it is far more likely that our clubs will fold before they win the league.

Another shattering performance, I dont see it getting much better tbh. The players and the staff will be down on confidence. The club needs to do something before its too late.

What we have is a core group of experienced players who are mentally weak. Fred, Thompson, Colosimo, Bolton must all be shown the door at the end of the season, because their mental fragility is rubbing off on the young players and will in time end up as part of the club's DNA.

We lose games like this as often as we do because we are a team that has no self-belief. The players have a defeatist attitude, and the coach is tactically naive and incapable of motivating them.

The appointment of Aloisi over Milicic is all the Board's mistakes. As is the moronic primary aim of "breaking even" at all cost.

I invested so much time, money and emotion in this club in the first 2 years because i believed in ONE thing: a commitment to a playing philosophy. I didn't give a rats about this "community engagement, youth policy" BS. I believed in what we aimed to do on the pitch. I felt so fucking cheated towards the end of last season that I am no longer a member and have been to just the two derbies this season.

These performances and the frustration and sheer emptiness I'm feeling right now is gonna make it that much sweeter when we win the league some day.

My mum (who is a Fremantle supporter) has had to live through years and years of absolute shit, so when she sees how frustrated I get about how we play she always says to me "Stick by the cub through thick and thin and when you do win that premiership it will be so much sweeter than if you were just handed the cup". The only issue is that there is a risk of our club folding if we are not careful, but the thought is there :P

Great posting people....hope the club bigwigs have a read to see how much passion the true supporters have for this club.

Now, on the game. That was frustrating...

...and what a useless place to play a game and those commentators...really, there should'nt be a NZ team in the A-League

JA keeps showing he knows how to plan for a game, as we often start ok, but he has no confidence / awareness during a game to switch things around or make the right substitutions during a game, especially when the ascendency is with our opposition. Its also like his substitutions are all predetermined and that he sticks with them no matter what.

Why did we go so defensive so quickly and allow the Phoenix so much possession? Yes, when you have a two goal lead you are a good chance for a counter attacking goal, but you will get more out of holding onto some possession, making your opponent work for their chances and tiring and frustrating them.

Blind Freddy could see we needed Germano on the pitch to try and win back some control in midfield. On that, one of the reasons we have been so poor through the centre and going forward is JA's formation. We are always playing two holding defensive midfielders (but both, Thomo and Hoff, are natural attackers), with one attacking MF. If JA wants better results, he must play one chief defensive midfielders and two attacking MFs. This could be other PG or JG.

For those saying the players aren't trying, I somewhat disagree. The players to me seem to be trying almost too hard at times....they are just playing in a team system that has fatal flaws and for an inexperienced coach who is struggling to influence change during a game, something that JVS could do.

The only positives from today were scoring two away goals, Vrankovic and some more minutes for Germano. Grey is a worry...visa spot wasted IMO.

Good points TA

JA's formation has been a worry all season. As I have posted before PG needs to be played as a defensive midfielder - the role he was signed to play. We have seen his runs from deep and if played with support behind could be more dangerous played further forward. His defensive qualities we are well aware of.

Thompson, Fred and even Hoffman need to be given the freedom to roam and attack. They are being stifled by the system we are playing. As a result we are losing games we should be winning and the players are being criticised for being poor when we have a system which means most of our players are filling in a position they do not favour playing and probably aren't best suited to.

eg.

Gerhadt - CB

Thompson - Holding midfielder

Hoffman - Holding midfielder (yes, I know some of you want to say "on park")

Garcia - Right attacker

Williams - Left forward

Tadic - Isolated up front

This is more than 50% of our match day team. And we wonder why things aren't going well.

As I posted earlier, it is time for something to change.

These performances and the frustration and sheer emptiness I'm feeling right now is gonna make it that much sweeter when we win the league some day.

My mum (who is a Fremantle supporter) has had to live through years and years of absolute shit, so when she sees how frustrated I get about how we play she always says to me "Stick by the cub through thick and thin and when you do win that premiership it will be so much sweeter than if you were just handed the cup". The only issue is that there is a risk of our club folding if we are not careful, but the thought is there :P

In Bulldog land people have waited for 58 years,and counting, for that to happen.

Bulldogs and heart aswell I can never win aha

I also share this horrible quinnella.

Me too!

And I can see the parallels all too clearly. The culure of not believing that we can be winners is being set: from the "break even" statement, to the "play finals" instead of "being champions", to the Benny Hill losses, I've seen at the Dogs and its eerliy similar.

What we have is a core group of experienced players who are mentally weak. Fred, Thompson, Colosimo, Bolton must all be shown the door at the end of the season, because their mental fragility is rubbing off on the young players and will in time end up as part of the club's DNA.

We lose games like this as often as we do because we are a team that has no self-belief. The players have a defeatist attitude, and the coach is tactically naive and incapable of motivating them.

The appointment of Aloisi over Milicic is all the Board's mistakes. As is the moronic primary aim of "breaking even" at all cost.

I invested so much time, money and emotion in this club in the first 2 years because i believed in ONE thing: a commitment to a playing philosophy. I didn't give a rats about this "community engagement, youth policy" BS. I believed in what we aimed to do on the pitch. I felt so fucking cheated towards the end of last season that I am no longer a member and have been to just the two derbies this season.

No offense but a poor excuse not to take out membership.

• Like 1

Why rest Garcia and Behich for such a big game??

They have played an unbelievably amount of football in the last couple weeks. Rather have all miss out one game then half and half over two games

Injury risk as well. Too much football.

Yet they keep marrone playing full 90's? I don't get it

Edit; can't spell

Edited by MrAiDaN66

No offense but a poor excuse not to take out membership.

Thats 3 memberships actually.

After 2 seasons, of which only the first half of season was true to the "Europan possession-based football" mantra, I decide I'd give the club 5 weeks this season to show me they were fair-dinkum about it. Instead, the recruiting has been abysmal, the Board's decision to appoint Aloisi comical, and the football poor, as is the passion of the players, derbies-aside. There is no leadership or vision or ambition.

All of this is unacceptable for a club in a salary-capped league. Its not about the money, all clubs have the same cash to play with Del Piero aside. Look at the Mariners. It comes down to the people making the decisions regarding recruitment of players, coaches and physical guru's doing a bad job.

Its up to the club to convince fans to become and stay members. That is how the football in the rest of the world works.

Fuck off then, you pack of fair weather cunts.

Yea, JA is a shit gaffer. Yea, some players aren't up to it - but the majority of the squad is pretty fucking decent. We should be up there, we should be having a crack. More now than ever the club needs you to get behind them.

We all knew this season was about breaking even, for better or worse. You are invested in that, all you pricks threatening to walk out.

You want a club, then fucking well participate. Get to the pub for away game, get to the home games early, get an Active Membership and start pushing for change.

Pretty spot on. I think a lot of people are just real pissed off and letting their emotions do the talking though.

But agree completely with the part about breaking even, although the squad got my hopes, up the lack of money put into coaching staff and facilities makes things harder.

I think the supporters are just as average though to be honest. I know you can't expect that many to rock up, but look at Bling FC. Good, loud crowd tonight and they beat the league leaders. Too

many only there to see wins, and not enough doing it out of passion.

Spot on!

Frustrating after last week seeing the intensity and will to win, I walked away from that game annoyed at first (as you would loosing to victree) but looking back on it thought they had intensity and had a desire to win they gave it all, First 20mins against NIX i saw it again thinking maybe we have turned a corner, But to switch off like that annoyed me so much, I will stick by this team, we have seen they can be a good side, Brisbane 4-0 first Derby even in the last derby they showed it.

What's with all the fucking posts on here? Cunts should be at the pub drinking with me, not watching on your TV at home posting shit on the forums.

This is why people don't show up to our games... the fans leave disappointed 80% of the time, all the time.

No, people don't show up to our games because they are fucking thundercunts and not real fans.

Support your team, cunts, win or lose.

• Like 3

What's with all the fucking posts on here? Cunts should be at the pub drinking with me, not watching on your TV at home posting shit on the forums.

This is why people don't show up to our games... the fans leave disappointed 80% of the time, all the time.

No, people don't show up to our games because they are fucking thundercunts and not real fans.

Support your team, cunts, win or lose.

Tbh, we're not all active supporters and there's room for all kinds of supporters and theyre all important. I watched at my maltese family day.

Agree on your second point. Sick of hearing about folding and crowds, leave it for victory trolls.

I think all is said so far for our season. I'm very angry at our team so I'll sum up:

Fred,Thompson, Hoffman, Bolton - Enough. Bye bye

Aloisi - Needs to go to coaching school to learn the basics . e.g. What is the role of a DM? Also, punish him by making him watch Fred and Hoffman's errors all day. Clockwork orange style.

Us - Keep it up. We are probably the only ones that do.

Also, Why do we collapse when we cop a goal? Why? Because like someone else said in this forum players like Thompson, Fred even Bolton have no grant. They are like little boys. They probably need a pat on the back during game play??????

AAAA!!!! and also to all fans of any color: Heart will not fold.Some minor changes and we'll be ok. We have a decent squad. It's the few that ruin it for the rest. e.g. no A-league has defenders like Behich, Marrone and Gerhardt.

And also can someone advise Scott that football is round!!!!!