Melbourne Football

If you were CEO.

Vlad

So, it seems that all of us can talk and complain. Everybody seems to be able point fingers, but most people aren't trying to come up with solutions. So if you ran this club, what would you do? And secondly, if you believe you're right, why don't you write to the club or take action?

So, it seems that all of us can talk and complain. Everybody seems to be able point fingers, but most people aren't trying to come up with solutions. So if you ran this club, what would you do? And secondly, if you believe you're right, why don't you write to the club or take action?

Vlad, the first thing I would do is adopt as the work paradigm for the club 'dare to be different'. At all levels, from the CEO himself right though the organization and including the coaching and playing staff. That is we would always be looking to do things a different way from the conventional. That's the way to get innovative and creative thinking in an organization.

As an example - just a single example - if I were the CEO I would make it my business to have a meaningful conversation with at least one member of the club every week - whether by 'phone, face-to-face, at a match, at training, whatever. It would be something that I HAD to do each week, wherever I was and whatever else I was doing. In that conversation I'd try to draw out their views on anything about the club that they'd like to talk about. On a completely confidential basis. That way I would begin to get a feel about what the club's supporters were really thinking, and this would help shape the club's direction.

• Like 2

So, it seems that all of us can talk and complain. Everybody seems to be able point fingers, but most people aren't trying to come up with solutions.

Bollocks. There are tons of solutions being offered up all over mhfcsupporters.

The problems is where do you begin...

I would start by telling Aloisi he needs to grow some balls r.e. team selections.

I would look into why the team isn't fitter.

I would tell the match day announcer to stop with all the crap he dishes out. 80% of the time he tells us to applaud there's barely a whimper which is just embarrassing. Better he said nothing.

If I was part of choosing the name 'Heart' I would possibly kill myself.

I would hang with Yarraside and sing with them every couple of months.

• Like 1

Find the money do get a TOP technical director that's not currently linked with the club to oversea problems and take us forward.

I think we need fresh eyes at the club.

I would also like to see a few games where the youth team play before the seniors. I know there's probably issues with this and it's out our control (FFA rules and crap) and then there's the argument of them chewing up the pitch, but I don't really care about that. Not like we are witnessing amazing skill now. I would help connect the younger players to the club (and give them a buzz) and the fans to them. Even if they set up a temp. pitch outside the ground on that patch of grass where the kids kick around. Not that I have looked at it or seen how flat it was. It would be something I would like to see though.

Vlad, the first thing I would do is adopt as the work paradigm for the club 'dare to be different'. At all levels, from the CEO himself right though the organization and including the coaching and playing staff. That is we would always be looking to do things a different way from the conventional. That's the way to get innovative and creative thinking in an organization.

As an example - just a single example - if I were the CEO I would make it my business to have a meaningful conversation with at least one member of the club every week - whether by 'phone, face-to-face, at a match, at training, whatever. It would be something that I HAD to do each week, wherever I was and whatever else I was doing. In that conversation I'd try to draw out their views on anything about the club that they'd like to talk about. On a completely confidential basis. That way I would begin to get a feel about what the club's supporters were really thinking, and this would help shape the club's direction.

Great ideas, I'd also employ a sport psychologist to support the coaching/playing staff.

I'd invest in long-term success by linking the club with junior feeder leagues with the aim of fielding a Heart branded junior team in each age level. I'd put as much resources as we could afford into junior development, perhaps even create a link with a school with a strong football programme to encourage our juniors to continue their education whilst developing as players.

Coever DVDs would be definitely enforced even if it wasn't my job. The boys lack touch.

I would totally engage with rugby clubs, particularly those that play at aami park and convert some of their fans.

I'd also change the seating structure to ensure more people are on the visible camera side.

I'd suggest having heart players as birthday party guests.

I'd partner up with ptv and have the players in the city when people are getting on and off the train.

I'd engage with the fans (though SM has done this in the past)

• Like 1

Coever DVDs would be definitely enforced even if it wasn't my job. The boys lack touch.

I would totally engage with rugby clubs, particularly those that play at aami park and convert some of their fans.

I'd also change the seating structure to ensure more people are on the visible camera side.

I'd suggest having heart players as birthday party guests.

I'd partner up with ptv and have the players in the city when people are getting on and off the train.

I'd engage with the fans (though SM has done this in the past)

I had a vision of Hoff and Fred in paper hats at a seven year old party. :)

Pass the parcel?

Mind you, you may not be far off the mark as my sons wanted to invite Clint Bolton for a back yard kick around. Poor boys had to put up with me after I explained Clint is probably busy.

But the idea of people wanting players to attend their functions or back yard kick arounds may be valid. After all, they have plenty of time for golf.

Players attending fans personal functions is a bad idea. They already give a lot of their time for the clubs charitable causes and membership initiatives. I mean, we are meant to elevate these guys to a status of kings (performance deserving), not jesters. I'd rather we were trying to get them into any high level function, event etc in Melbourne that members have access to.

Perhaps the biggest problem is we have no way to collate our ideas, assess their appeal to a large cross section of members, then present it to the club as 'our' thoughts.

Great ideas, I'd also employ a sport psychologist to support the coaching/playing staff.

I'd invest in long-term success by linking the club with junior feeder leagues with the aim of fielding a Heart branded junior team in each age level. I'd put as much resources as we could afford into junior development, perhaps even create a link with a school with a strong football programme to encourage our juniors to continue their education whilst developing as players.

with the school stuff isent that what SEDA does?

Saw this posted on another forum, but someone suggested that we should get either Shaun Mielekamp or Clinton Bown on board to help with engaging fans & increasing crowds. Both of them love the game & after looking at their CV's both have a pretty impressive history of turning reasonable crowds into magnificent crowds for every sporting club they have worked for.

How the club hasn't already found a way to employ either of them is beyond me, but it's something I would certainly be looking at as a CEO.

Edited by Liberta per gli FB.

I don't want to start a flare debate. I like flares, but they are banned. Simple. But would like to see the club organise some in the yarra end. Get a fire warden to light them and put them of a pole just behind the signs behind the goal on the grass. Light a dozen as the players walk out. Not play music and let the fans chant. Really build some atmosphere to get the game off on a positive note and get people fired up. Smoke should be far enough away not to choke people and should clear pretty quick. Maybe haha. Worth a try :P

Yes, it's not as good as the real thing, but life it full of compromises. They have flames and fire works in the rugby !!

I don't want to start a flare debate. I like flares, but they are banned. Simple. But would like to see the club organise some in the yarra end. Get a fire warden to light them and put them of a pole just behind the signs behind the goal on the grass. Light a dozen as the players walk out. Not play music and let the fans chant. Really build some atmosphere to get the game off on a positive note and get people fired up. Smoke should be far enough away not to choke people and should clear pretty quick. Maybe haha. Worth a try :P

Yes, it's not as good as the real thing, but life it full of compromises. They have flames and fire works in the rugby !!

Its pretty hard to say on one hand that flares are banned, yet on the other hand officially light them.

announce a partnership with the Stars/Renegades/Aces/Storm/Rebels and if you join FC Melbourne you get a five game membership for one of these clubs, and vice-versa.

i would love to see our home derbies 75% Heart, and 25% Vucktree, and have their active supporters restricted to the away bay!

so, include all derbies in the 5 game membership deals.

also thought headhunter was a good idea this year.

I'd be earning at least half what I'm worth...

Mr SM has been pulling some strings lately to lift the clubs profile in the media at derby time. It has always been seen as the highest priority for the club to be successful in these games. I think its time to broaden the focus so that we are taken seriously.

I was speaking to an ex socceroo today and he is a Visitors man, but not with any great passion. He ribbed me about Heart so I grilled him on why the Visitors....he didn't really know why, other than they were first.

The battler / team unity thing being espoused at the moment will appeal to Aussie public. If we win Sat night, and the club can keep its nose in the papers with a consistant message,we will win new fans.