Melbourne Football

Sack Colosimo

marteaux

True. If we had a player who was a horrible person, but was a really good player, we would probably love them. Although, then they might not fit in at Heart.

Unless we know Simon personally, none if us really know what he's like as a person, so are only judging his footballing ability, which at the moment consists of too many mistakes.

• Like 1

I think we're just frustrated.

Completely agree Natalie. Frustration at our results and style of play and the apparent unwillingness of the club's management to change. First response of JD to Ben Garuccio's injury was 'We won't sign anyone.'

The club is doing a lot of good things, but these are not being translated into good results on the field. Which is the measuring stick used by the media and the public.

Shall we love a player that costs us almost every game? If he was in Eastern Europe he would've been bashed by his own supporters by now :)

Lol. I'm not telling you to love him he has frustrated me also this season. Why don't you go and bash him, or tell him you hate him to his face, eh? :)

Lol. I'm not telling you to love him he has frustrated me also this season. Why don't you go and bash him, or tell him you hate him to his face, eh? :)

I will! I'm bringing my big blow up hammer that I got from the Melbourne Show 15 years ago and clobber him with it!

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 1

Completely agree Natalie. Frustration at our results and style of play and the apparent unwillingness of the club's management to change. First response of JD to Ben Garuccio's injury was 'We won't sign anyone.'

The club is doing a lot of good things, but these are not being translated into good results on the field. Which is the measuring stick used by the media and the public.

On-field changes are limited by player availability and form. Clearly there need to be changes but with the right players. It's the same with signings, the plan was to keep some spots open and pick up players if needed in the January window, I imagine that this plan comes with a list of possible targets.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/simon-hill-charts-the-football-journey-of-veteran-melbourne-heart-defender-simon-colosimo/story-e6frf4gl-1226529642960

There was a time when it looked as though you were going to move on from Heart last year?

I don't think it will surprise anyone to say I didn't get along with the coach. We didn't see eye to eye. Don't get me wrong, I love playing great football, but I want to be fighting for the title. John (Van't Schip) said I could leave, but then he reneged on it.

http://www.foxsports...l-1226529642960

There was a time when it looked as though you were going to move on from Heart last year?

I don't think it will surprise anyone to say I didn't get along with the coach. We didn't see eye to eye. Don't get me wrong, I love playing great football, but I want to be fighting for the title. John (Van't Schip) said I could leave, but then he reneged on it.

This explains a bit:

Do you remember your debut?

Yes, it was in the League Cup against Notts County. Danny Allsopp was playing for Notts and it was September 11, 2001, that infamous date. I'm preparing for my debut, and there are planes going through buildings. I definitely remember that day. Was it a bad omen? Perhaps. I had a fall-out with Keegan after one game. I tried to play the ball out, and he wasn't happy. It's a very low-risk game over there, but I learnt quickly - I didn't do it again!

But confused by his apparent attitute during games when he says this:

When you look back on your career, you played in Europe, won 26 caps for Australia, won two domestic titles, one overseas, and won two Joe Marston Medals, most players would be pretty happy with that. Are you?

Everyone always wants to do more - and I still do. I came to Heart with the promise to myself that I would try to win a title in my home town. If I finish my days at Heart and I haven't achieved that, then I'll be disappointed

I hope he reaches that last goal.

What about the handball today? Why does the mongol do the obvious every bloody time!? He either hacks someone in the penalty box, handballs the ball, gives the ball away in defense or hoofs the ball long praying to God a Heart player will pick it up. Do something JA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

What about the handball today? Why does the mongol do the obvious every bloody time!? He either hacks someone in the penalty box, handballs the ball, gives the ball away in defense or hoofs the ball long praying to God a Heart player will pick it up. Do something JA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That handball was probably the best moment of the game. So many roffs were had.

Now that everyone has heard that Man Utd are coming to play the A-league's All Stars, some guy wrote on "theworldgame" websie the following team:

E. Galekovic

I. Franjic M.Muscat S.Colosimo S.Jamieson

D.Vidosic M.Flores M.Carrusca

A.Thompson A.Del Piero

E.Heskey

Colosimo in the All Stars team? aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaa!!

Now that everyone has heard that Man Utd are coming to play the A-league's All Stars, some guy wrote on "theworldgame" websie the following team:

E. Galekovic

I. Franjic M.Muscat S.Colosimo S.Jamieson

D.Vidosic M.Flores M.Carrusca

A.Thompson A.Del Piero

E.Heskey

Colosimo in the All Stars team? aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaa!!

Prob was a Heart supporter hoping for a bit of history to repeat itself.

• Like 2

Colosimo was devastated and told The Australian at the time: "I thought it was supposed to be an exhibition game. Well, I'm telling you, what he (Cole) did wasn't in keeping with what the match was all about. It was a bad tackle, no doubt."

But 13 years on and the wounds, physical and mental, have long healed according to the 33-year-old Colosimo, who said he was happy to see United is coming back to Australia.

"Has it been 13 years? No, I don't bare any grudges or hatred. I've moved on," he said. "A lot has happened between then and now. I don't think about it any more. It was one of those things that happens in football.

"To be honest, I am just happy for the fans.

"They will get to see one of the four or five biggest clubs in the world play. It's a great reward for those who have followed the game here and have come out in huge numbers to support our sport and the A-League. I would love a crack at playing in the game. As a player you always want to be involved in a game like that. It will be a fantastic occasion."

:D :D :D