Melbourne Football

Sack Colosimo

marteaux

Finally a meaningful topic. How many times do I repeat myself FFS! Since friggen MH's first season I was saying WTF is this dude playing for us? But Aloisi likes Simon so I can't see this dude being out of the squad until he gets an injury. Week after week he costs us the game. I'm up to the stage where if this dude is playing for us next season I ain't renewing my membership for the first time.

Edited by Tony999

Finally a meaningful topic. How many times do I repeat myself FFS! Since friggen MH's first season I was saying WTF is this dude playing for us? But Aloisi likes Simon so I can't see this dude being out of the squad until he gets an injury. Week after week he costs us the game. I'm up to the stage where if this dude is playing for us next season I ain't renewing my membership for the first time.

anyone that even thinks about not renewing memberships cause of poor results should stfu and think about supporting your club through thick and thin.

re-sign JVS! At least he knew that you're better off playing a teenager than a thirty year old if they're just going to make the same mistakes anyway.

:droy:

It was JVS letting two senior defenders walk out on the club (Because he could only deal with kids) and pairing two 18 year olds' together at CB for our first few games that saw us lose valuable points early last season.

His decison being a poor one was clearly emphaised by the arrival of Madaschi and our quick change in fortunes.

I disagree cadete. Beauchamp was too slow, this was vindicated by his year at Sydney where their defence had the same problem. His lack of pace is mitigated at WSW because they keep their shape much better and he can play a high line without being exposed as often. Heffernan remember lost his place after yet another red card and then Behich player well enough for the rest of the season to keep him out of the starting 11. I think that we didn't expect to lose both Good and Hammill at the same time and this has left us short of depth in this position.

• Like 3

I disagree cadete. Beauchamp was too slow, this was vindicated by his year at Sydney where their defence had the same problem. His lack of pace is mitigated at WSW because they keep their shape much better and he can play a high line without being exposed as often. Heffernan remember lost his place after yet another red card and then Behich player well enough for the rest of the season to keep him out of the starting 11. I think that we didn't expect to lose both Good and Hammill at the same time and this has left us short of depth in this position.

Beauchamp was too slow but at least he was tall and expeirenced, lets not forget Madaschi was also slow as well as tall and expeirenced.

I agree we dont want Beachamp in our team now but if we did not intend on using Good and Hammill at the same time then we should have had more than only one expeirenced CB on the list than Colosimo.

As as soon as Colosimo was injured (Which tends to happen to Veterans) we were we left with two Green Center Back for a number of games. I also think Heffernan's form at Perth shows he was better player than JVS and his fans thought...

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Heffernan's problem was that he could only play LB in JVS' system and Behich was a better option. This limited his game time, I can understand him wanting to move to Perth where he is an effective LB. We certainly should have and still should sign an experienced pacey CB as a number 1 choice with Colosimo as backup if his form is good enough. Madaschi was an excellent organiser of the back 4, when he was there we kept our shape well, that's what we lack at the moment. Colosimo is good 99% of the time, calamitous 1% of the time, but isn't good at organising the back 4.

Edited by belaguttman

Water under the bridge now, but IMO it was a major mistake to let Beauchamp and Heffernan go. Heffernan in particular. He's a good full-back, and Aziz was quite happy as his understudy and it could have stayed that way for at least another season.

Why sign these blokes and then part with them after one season?

Our Football Department has made some astonishing decisions when you look back on 2.3 seasons.

We just need an organiser at the back which is what Madaschi did well. Simon isn't this guy. He ties up a lot of our salary cap and has whinged his way through his first 2 seasons here instead of learning from a guy who was a better player with better pedigree. A lot of people say JVS had issues with senior players. I'd suggest a lot of the senior players had issues taking instruction and criticizism. Look at what Ange did with the Roar when he removed many senior players who controlled their style of play and culture he could make the proper changes. He worked with the guys willing to listen and play to his style and got results. Colosimo is our Lampard / Terry in a lot of ways. You just know while these guys are in the team, the way the team plays just won't be what the coach wants but what they want. (disclaimer both Terry and Lampard are a million fold the players Colosimo is and their ways have reaped some positive results). Until this guy is moved on / marginalised I really don't see a lot changing. It really is a shame with that 1 centre back change we look like a top team.

• Like 2

Heff would have wanted first team football, and Aziz is a better player than him, and has been since his first game.

disagree. besides I think both could have played at the same time.

Colosimo is our Lampard / Terry in a lot of ways. You just know while these guys are in the team, the way the team plays just won't be what the coach wants but what they want.

:droy: :droy: :droy:
  • Like 1

Heffernan's problem was that he could only play LB in JVS' system and Behich was a better option. This limited his game time, I can understand him wanting to move to Perth where he is an effective LB. We certainly should have and still should sign an experienced pacey CB as a number 1 choice with Colosimo as backup if his form is good enough. Madaschi was an excellent organiser of the back 4, when he was there we kept our shape well, that's what we lack at the moment. Colosimo is good 99% of the time, calamitous 1% of the time, but isn't good at organising the back 4.

Colosimo is crap 100% of the time

Edited by Tony999

Colosimo is crap 100% of the time

Disagree, he's saved us conceding a lot of goals, he marked Heskey out of the game on Saturday, it's no coincidence that he didn't score. Simon makes regular errors that cost us goals and earns several red cards a season, all of which cost us as we don't regularly score 3 goals a game to provide some buffer. In addition he doesn't provide the organisational abilities of a Madaschi

Edited by belaguttman

Disagree, he's saved us conceding a lot of goals, he marked Heskey out of the game on Saturday, it's no coincidence that he didn't score. Simon makes regular errors that cost us goals and earns several red cards a season, all of which cost us as we don't regularly score 3 goals a game to provide some buffer. In addition he doesn't provide the organisational abilities of a Madaschi

Surely after playing more than 2 season with us he has to something bloody right! Get rid of him I say.

Edited by Tony999

yes, this being the third is my understanding. He hasn't been renewed since he arrived has he?

Hope to God not.

This is my biggest worry about having JA as coach - someone who only two years ago was playing alongside some of his current players. It's very hard to stand up to people who were once your mates, and it requires real strength of character to do so.

Hope to God not.

This is my biggest worry about having JA as coach - someone who only two years ago was playing alongside some of his current players. It's very hard to stand up to people who were once your mates, and it requires real strength of character to do so.

That's why I said I can't see Simon out of the squad because JA likes him probably more as a mate than as a player.

I reckon a deal will be reached that will see him not around next season.

I Just hope he does not end up Zebras this Winter, as we really dont need any obstacles from the start in preventing us getting back up to the VPL.

There wont be a VPL after this season. So no worries there if colosimo plays for you :) - might see some new clubs in 2014 in the APL though.

Its not the right forum for it, but as i understand in 2014 victoria will embrace the APL (as do 3 other states have done this year) which will become the second tier competition after the A-league. [Hence disolving the VPL and VCL]

In order to play APL you need an APL licence. There is a fair critera to get this APL licence which includes seting up a youth development structure. (hence the disolving of the VCL)

So far i think South melbourne have gone down this path satisfying The APL criteria a year early, by setting up the first team and all levels below down to U10 . the model is required to start developing your own players..

The new structure will play 40 weeks a year - all age groups

I know of a 2 other (non VPL) clubs looking to aquire this licence as far down as state 1/2/3 clubs.

Anyhow , should be a good forum topic for the next year comming up.

• Like 1

Its not the right forum for it, but as i understand in 2014 victoria will embrace the APL (as do 3 other states have done this year) which will become the second tier competition after the A-league. [Hence disolving the VPL and VCL]

In order to play APL you need an APL licence. There is a fair critera to get this APL licence which includes seting up a youth development structure. (hence the disolving of the VCL)

So far i think South melbourne have gone down this path satisfying The APL criteria a year early, by setting up the first team and all levels below down to U10 . the model is required to start developing your own players..

The new structure will play 40 weeks a year - all age groups

I know of a 2 other (non VPL) clubs looking to aquire this licence as far down as state 1/2/3 clubs.

Anyhow , should be a good forum topic for the next year comming up.

I am aware of this...

Someone made me answer the same question a while back in the VPL thread - And I am sure you would agree so time consuming. :)