Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

From the horses mouth...aloisi not getting sacked. Don't ask for how I know cause I won't say. New board needed.

So are you also saying that the club will not be sold? Because if the club is sold I can't see how anyone can make any statements on the future of the coach or anyone else in the organization.

That's the information I have found out, but was before this last week. A lot can happen in that time. They may decide to sell the club but while they are in charge aloisi is coach. Under the current board aloisi will not be gotten rid of unless a descent foreign coach is available. And as far as I know that's not any time soon. So aloisi is here to stay.

Edited by n i k o

Thanks. I read that. Doesn't really say anything IMO. A platitude to trot out at any time. Munn lost me a while ago I'm afraid - those "three very important games" (we took one point out of nine). He's just mouthing off, making a lot of noise (well, not so much now) but actually saying nothing of any substance.

• Like 2

What we need is for someone to produce a well written concise summary of our horror statistics and somehow get the information published (maybe canvass Davutovic or Lynch) or hand them out at one of our games.

Unfortunately I think its true that JA is not going anywhere..,

The reality is that on this forum we have analysed and discussed matters to the nth degree and the overwhelming fully justified consensus (here) is that JA should go.

But you know what? We are still the minority.

I canvassed 6 different Heart members who do not participate on this forum to get their view on whether JA should be sacked.

1 was on the fence, but doesn't like the trend in football where coaches are hastily sacked

1 said it wasn't something he had thought about, but he loved JA because he scored THAT penalty

2 didn't respond

1 said that their opinion was not important

1 said that its not JA's fault and that its down to bad luck, bad referring, poor player performance and attitude and that things will turn around soon and that everyone should still believe.

If we were an AFL club the level of critical analysis in the mainstream media would be ridiculous and there would be nowhere for JA and the club to hide. But for us, we get sweet FA media pressure and critique.

And look what happens when someone (Bozza) asks a question that actually reflects our current standing - they get slammed by many and that's the end of the inquisition.

Unfortunately, the truth is not out there ...

perhaps now it's our job to remedy the situation

Edited by Torn Asunder

That's the information I have found out, but was before this last week. A lot can happen in that time. They may decide to sell the club but while they are in charge aloisi is coach. Under the current board aloisi will not be gotten rid of unless a descent foreign coach is available. And as far as I know that's not any time soon. So aloisi is here to stay.

You pay peanuts you get monkeys you dont win in 16 games cant win on the road .... time for this circus to leave town!!

What we need is for someone to produce a well written concise summary of our horror statistics and somehow get the information published (maybe canvass Davutovic or Lynch) or hand them out at one of our games.

Unfortunately I think its true that JA is not going anywhere..,

The reality is that on this forum we have analysed and discussed matters to the nth degree and the overwhelming fully justified consensus (here) is that JA should go.

But you know what? We are still the minority.

I canvassed 6 different Heart members who do not participate on this forum to get their view on whether JA should be sacked.

1 was on the fence, but doesn't like the trend in football where coaches are hastily sacked

1 said it wasn't something he had thought about, but he loved JA because he scored THAT penalty

2 didn't respond

1 said that their opinion was not important

1 said that its not JA's fault and that its down to bad luck, bad referring, poor player performance and attitude and that things will turn around soon and that everyone should still believe.

If we were an AFL club the level of critical analysis in the mainstream media would be ridiculous and there would be nowhere for JA and the club to hide. But for us, we get sweet FA media pressure and critique.

And look what happens when someone (Bozza) asks a question that actually reflects our current standing - they get slammed by many and that's the end of the inquisition.

Unfortunately, the truth is not out there ...

perhaps now it's our job to remedy the situation

we kidnap them at the next fan forum. if they're brave enough to show up..

I have said it once and I'll say it again. Average player and worse coach. Never had much time for JA he was just a player even after that goal. But I now have a real dislike for the man and his ego. I would nearly go as far as a hatred for him the board and the players with all the crap that have been coming out of their mouths. 

GIVE US BACK OUR CLUB YOU BASTARDS 

I wonder if JA has realised that the longer these shocking stats pile up the longer it wil take for his career to be continued at the same level. It's going to take him a large number of years in the wilderness because of what he has done at our club

Yep.

No other club with a smidgen of ambition will consider him for the head coach after his run at heart.

Why would you?

• Like 1

Maybe the only way we're ever going to make progress is to get someone in the media on our side. ATM they seem to be largely supporting the club, Munn and Aloisi (except perhaps Bosnich) by failing to ask, and repeatedly ask, the right questions.

We need to have someone who can ask questions such as "Do you think you are doing the right thing by your season-ticket holders?" "One of your founding values was the development and promotion of young players - what happened to this value?" and so on and so forth.

ATM we are for all intents and purposes voiceless. Any form of protest at AAMI Park other than a silent one can be shut down if the club/FFA doesn't like it, because they can deem any banner or behaviour as "offensive." Boycotting games simply cuts off our noses to spite our faces.

• Like 2

By the way, it would be good if someone could surpass my photoshop effort (which shouldn't be too hard), as I'm not the best at it.

I agree with much of what's been said, the odds are stacked in Aloisi's favour (for now). He's too stubborn or stupid to quit, the board are too stubborn or too cheap to sack him, Munn and Didulica don't seem to be clearly informing the board that Aloisi is destroying this club, and the media are far too accommodating towards Aloisi.

The media are actually quite aware of most of the Heart stats that have been mentioned. For instance, I saw the damning 'never won after falling behind' stat in about 3 different media outlets a few weeks ago. But despite the media seeming to be aware of Heart's situation, I agree they are still accommodating Aloisi, by not asking appropriately tough questions, and by even defending Aloisi, Like Michael Lynch did in his 'axing John Aloisi is no quick fix' article a few days ago (a terrible, confused article, by far the worst thing I've read from Lynch, which basically said Aloisi needs more time, and compared him to Postecoglou at Roar. Link here).

I agree that If the media were to ask tougher questions, like 'how do you explain your performances and results to Heart members' and 'Heart originally said it was about attacking dutch football and promoting youth. Do you adhere to those values [at all]?', then real pressure would be put upon Heart and Aloisi. Hopefully more people in the media follow Bosnich and he stops being a lone exception.

I think pressure is slowly building on Aloisi, and who knows, maybe the tipping point is much sooner than we all think. There's no doubt that Heart's PR and brand has taken a battering under Aloisi, despite the USSR-type of denial and spin being employed by the club. I think the media are slowly asking tougher questions, and as long as supporters keep on being angry with the status quo, I reckon change is inevitable.

• Like 2

By the way, it would be good if someone could surpass my photoshop effort (which shouldn't be too hard), as I'm not the best at it.

I agree with much of what's been said, the odds are stacked in Aloisi's favour (for now). He's too stubborn or stupid to quit, the board are too stubborn or too cheap to sack him, Munn and Didulica don't seem to be clearly informing the board that Aloisi is destroying this club, and the media are far too accommodating towards Aloisi.

The media are actually quite aware of most of the Heart stats that have been mentioned. For instance, I saw the damning 'never won after falling behind' stat in about 3 different media outlets a few weeks ago. But despite the media seeming to be aware of Heart's situation, I agree they are still accommodating Aloisi, by not asking appropriately tough questions, and by even defending Aloisi, Like Michael Lynch did in his 'axing John Aloisi is no quick fix' article a few days ago (a terrible, confused article, by far the worst thing I've read from Lynch, which basically said Aloisi needs more time, and compared him to Postecoglou at Roar. Link here).

I agree that If the media were to ask tougher questions, like 'how do you explain your performances and results to Heart members' and 'Heart originally said it was about attacking dutch football and promoting youth. Do you adhere to those values [at all]?', then real pressure would be put upon Heart and Aloisi. Hopefully more people in the media follow Bosnich and he stops being a lone exception.

I think pressure is slowly building on Aloisi, and who knows, maybe the tipping point is much sooner than we all think. There's no doubt that Heart's PR and brand has taken a battering under Aloisi, despite the USSR-type of denial and spin being employed by the club. I think the media are slowly asking tougher questions, and as long as supporters keep on being angry with the status quo, I reckon change is inevitable.

I think bozza has changed the dynamic a bit. With that question ive noticed a change in tone from other pundits. Perhaps it took one to jump for the rest to follow? 

Our situation and position is getting significant recognition in the media.

More articles are mentioning words like sack, apathy, pressure etc.

If you look back only few weeks ago, there were non of these written anywhere.

Tomorrow's game is I believe do or die for JA.

Even draw won't be good enough for media and public.

Unfortunately a win, no matter how small will buy him some time, however he has been exposed now and unless he continues bringing home 3 points each week, axe can fall anytime.

His support ranks are getting thinner

Edited by Jestr

Our situation and position is getting significant recognition in the media.

More articles are mentioning words like sack, apathy, pressure etc.

If you look back only few weeks ago, there were no of these written anywhere.

Tomorrow's game is I believe do or die for JA.

Even draw won't be good enough for media and public.

Unfortunately a win, no matter how small will buy him some time, however he has been exposed now and unless he continues bringing home 3 points each week, axe can fall anytime.

His support ranks are getting thinner

nah knowing our luck, as in the fans, someone will get sent off for us then JA has yet another excuse.  I blame Miggs for those two goals for why we are still with JA :P

• Like 1

Just wanted to raise a point or two

1- With the club obviously in the process of getting new owners (a process which surely would have been going on behind the scenes for awhile) it is understandable (albeit extremely frustrating) that the current owners won't sack Aloisi for a few reasons:

- footing the bill

- letting new owners make the decision

- care factor

2- On Munn/players commenting about Aloisi- do we surely believe anyone would make nasty/negative comments about Aloisi? I think doing that would be selfish and ego driven (even if they are technically correct). Also, Aloisi seems like a 'good guy'. Why slag him off to the public?

• Like 1

What pisses me off, perhaps the most is by JA not quitting or the board sacking him for so long its ruined the new coaches chances to starting building a new squad in the January window

This is what annoys me !!! Some people say 'well we're not going to get relegated'. it shouldn't matter. Get someone in now to either try and rescue the season or to start the clear out. Might not get a new coach until the off season and it might mean we waste half a season to really going. Get someone in now, or at least a rep. of the guy they want in to look and go over the squad now. See who he wants and start making plans. Then we can hit the ground running at the start of next season

Personally if I was running the club I'd like to get a coach in immediately to use this season as a test. What better way to find out if a coach is capable than to take a losing team and make them into a competitive/winning team. The hard part is finding someone of that proven quality.

Its not that hard the club needs someone like Kosmina or Bleiberg till the end of the season that gives you 6 months to find a renowned replacement. (id much rather them play without a coach im sure it couldnt be any worse than playing under JA)

Edited by AntiScum

Personally if I was running the club I'd like to get a coach in immediately to use this season as a test. What better way to find out if a coach is capable than to take a losing team and make them into a competitive/winning team. The hard part is finding someone of that proven quality.

Its not that hard the club needs someone like Kosmina or Bleiberg till the end of the season that gives you 6 months to find a renowned replacement. (id much rather them play without a coach im sure it couldnt be any worse than playing under JA)

In reality they may have or are about to sell the club so it's understandable that they don't change the coach. But if they aren't selling the club, then as I pointed out the other day, garunteed they are not going to go with an australian coach. Unless they change their thinking completely.