Melbourne Football

Man United v HAL 'All-stars' @ ANZ Stadium, July 2013

LR9

Could another coach have done better? I think so but who knows.

Does ange have a proven track record of struggling to get the most out of national teams? Yes. He is by far a better club coach.

Provided wanderers have a good season I really hope popovic gets the opportunity next year if Man U come back.

Did anyone see Scott Chipperfield's posts on Twitter?

Slandered the quality of the A-League based on one fucking friendly, all respect lost for him. What a twat, nothing worse than Eurosnobs.

Fark I use to love him too :( ah well, just like Cahill I've lost all my respect for him

• Like 1

Did anyone see Scott Chipperfield's posts on Twitter?

Slandered the quality of the A-League based on one fucking friendly, all respect lost for him. What a twat, nothing worse than Eurosnobs.

Fark I use to love him too :( ah well, just like Cahill I've lost all my respect for him

If you don't want to play in the A-League, fair enough. Guys like Chipperfield, Schwarzer and Viduka have probably done enough in their international careers and don't really owe Australia anything.

But what do you seriously gain from being a pompous ass and pissing all over Australia's league and in turn, demeaning Australia's true football fans. 

Just read Chipperfield's tweet... hmmm... not sure what purpose those comments serve. 

It's always going to be a challenge for any All-Stars Team that have never played together before, thrown together a few weeks before kick-off to come up against a strong and seasoned side like Man Utd, I don't think anyone was expecting any different.  It was just a match to further publicise the Man Utd brand and also football in Australia.  I suppose it also gives us a baseline to measure any future performances from the better A-League players.

Meanwhile found this article regarding possible future teams coming to Australia, there are also some questions FFA Chief David Gallop answers about Heart and the league in general, but nothing of that we're not really already aware:

Barcelona next on Gallop's All Stars wishlist

Edited by Semper Cor

Just read Chipperfield's tweet... hmmm... not sure what purpose those comments serve. 

It's always going to be a challenge for any All-Stars Team that have never played together before, thrown together a few weeks before kick-off to come up against a strong and seasoned side like Man Utd, I don't think anyone was expecting any different.  It was just a match to further publicise the Man Utd brand and also football in Australia.  I suppose it also gives us a baseline to measure any future performances from the better A-League players.

Meanwhile found this article regarding possible future teams coming to Australia, there are also some questions FFA Chief David Gallop answers about Heart and the league in general, but nothing of that we're not really already aware:

Barcelona next on Gallop's All Stars wishlist

I never liked the appointment of Gallop; IMO the quicker he's shunted off somewhere the better, and de Bohun can carry his bags. Neither have a clue about football.  It looks as though FFA is going to persist with this idea of exhibition matches. IMO all they do is drag a few Euro-snobs away from their TVs, give them a chance to pretend that they're actually real football supporters, and provide another opportunity to deride the local game. Better by far to grow the local game by growing the A-League, bringing in the promised FFA Cup, a better pathway for our young players, etc. etc.

The comment about Heart being "work in progress" was not exactly a ringing endorsement of the philosophies of the club. His job is to praise clubs and what they're trying to do, not put them down.

• 4 months later...