Melbourne Football

Round 7 | Adelaide Reds Vs. Melbourne 'Arts | 5:30 Saturday 17/11/12 |

Jimmy

Remember when Gerhardt played poorly and everyone was calling for his head? Tadic wasn't doing much early, he scores two in two and everyone loves him. Now Colosimo has a bad game after a decent sized head wound very early on and now he's on the chopping block.

The same people calling for Shime's head will praise him and kiss his boots the next time he dominates a match.

Shime made the mistake today, sure, but the rest of the team was poor. Outside of the first 20-25 minutes we were barely there. When we're good, we're good. When we're bad, we're bad. Simple.

• Like 1

Colosimo didn't make one mistake, he made numerous mistakes that could have led to goals and 1 did. Bolton saved his arse when he passed the ball to Jeronimo in the 1st half and he gave away a free kick on the edge of the box for a stupid challenge on Kostopoulos which Vidosic flashed past the post. He cost us 2 points against Wellington in getting sent off and continually turns the ball over when we're in posession. He's had numerous chances to impress and always manages to fuck it.

Vrankovic looked a far more composed player on the ball when he came on against Wellington. I for one would rather see a 19 year old play and learn from his mistakes rather than a 33 year old repeat the same mistakes week in, week out.

• Like 4

Time to play Gray or Mitchinson at CB. Aziz looked fatigued, but still servicable.

Tadic/Garcia a class above.

Some of the youth players are better then Hoff/Kalmar.

Garrucio should come straight in, Steve Mauk and Stipo could walk in and Jez Walker should come in for whats been a really poor Marrone.

Also really excited with Grella to come in, however there are strong rumours Garcia is on his way out.

Bolton

Gerhard - Vrankovic - Gray - Behich

Grella

Thompson - Garcia

Williams - Tadic - Garrucio

B: Redders, Marrone, Fred, Dugandzic...?

How did away suport sound?

• Like 1

To be fair, whilst Shime did fuck up a fair few times - one of which leading to a goal - he also made a lot of killer tackles and decent clearances.

Which is exactly why he should be on the bench. If he can't be consistently good or at least consistently decent in a game, rather than fluctuating between very good and very poor, then there's no point having him on the pitch. We will continue to concede from his brain-fades, and continue to undeservingly lose games.

I'd like to see Vrankovic or Gray start the next few.

Edited by Che

That was fukin diabolical. My god was last weeks performance paper over cracks or what? This is the Heart we can expect to see mroe this season than last weeks performance imo.

Just absolute 0 cohesion, 0 discipline and no game plan. JA strikes again i think. This long ball crap is not for us, we play so much better on the ground and when people are moving into space and not just expecting things on a plate. We are good at pressuring teams, so more of that is needed.

Gerhartd was the only player to play with some heart ffs, and yes pun intended. Garcia and Tadic are two of the better players in the league, yet not utilised at all, it's like flushing money down the toilet.

I overestimated Adelaide, i expected us to lose, but they're actually pretty crap apart from having some discipline and structure unlike us. Colosimo should be investigated for match fixing, that kunt might aswell have been wearing an Adelaide top on, i really like him, but that was arguably one of the worst performances i've seen ever from a so called 'pro'. Head gash is not an excuse, this guy wasn't at the races today and i'd have subbed him because he was usless and nothing but a liability.

Just saw JA's post game interview, and first time he actually criticizes the team and actually agree with him.

Time to play Gray or Mitchinson at CB. Aziz looked fatigued, but still servicable.

Tadic/Garcia a class above.

Some of the youth players are better then Hoff/Kalmar.

Garrucio should come straight in, Steve Mauk and Stipo could walk in and Jez Walker should come in for whats been a really poor Marrone.

Also really excited with Grella to come in, however there are strong rumours Garcia is on his way out.

Bolton

Gerhard - Vrankovic - Gray - Behich

Grella

Thompson - Garcia

Williams - Tadic - Garrucio

B: Redders, Marrone, Fred, Dugandzic...?

How did away suport sound?

where is garcia going? And when? According to said rumours

That's 5 points so far this season alone that Colosimo has cost us. Yes he does some good things every match but he regularly makes crucial blunders that are always costly. Last year playing AU at AAMI he got a red card that cost us the match, now another latch winning blunder. I can see why JVS wasn't impressed. As JVS would say, play Vrankovic, he might make mistakes but at least he can learn and improve. Overall, a good first half, again we didn't take our chances, we could have won that game. Second half was poor with no intensity, no pressing, second to every ball, errant passing and poor service to Tadic.

Basically we play well against 4 teams in the league, the rest are physical and/or defensive reactive teams and we almost will never get a result except on our 'lucky day'. We almost never win when we go behind (unless its MV). We'll always remain a mid-table team unless we can change this pattern that's been there since Day 1.