Melbourne Football

Round 7 | Adelaide Reds Vs. Melbourne 'Arts | 5:30 Saturday 17/11/12 |

Jimmy

I'm sure he would be performing "week after week" if he was playing but we don't even know what kind of injury it is or anything? Has anyone seen him in training pictures or at the games? Is he in the country FFS?

He's been at the home games, either in a box or in the stands with the other players who've been out of the squad.

Has been coming out to the field with them after the games.

Fred still out :/

Yeah I went to training last week Wednesday and had a chat with him. Apparently he had a grade 1 hamstring tear, at the time was still going through personal rehab/solo training but was hoping to be back in light training with the squad on Sunday and full training sometime this week. He was hoping to be fit for the Adelaide game but thought it was probably a bit too optimistic, thought he should definitely be back for next week though. Yay!

so if Germano is gonna be out for another 4 weeks, and the club had known this... Why hasn't an injury replacement been looked at?

JA seems happy with the midfielders he has. Both Hoffman and Kalmar had positive reviews from their games last week. For full back options, the NYL boys sound like they are about right to step up. ie. no need for replacements.

After all that, who would you suggest?

JA seems happy with the midfielders he has. Both Hoffman and Kalmar had positive reviews from their games last week. For full back options, the NYL boys sound like they are about right to step up. ie. no need for replacements.

After all that, who would you suggest?

could be seen as a good opportunity to test out a visa player. If they turn out to be good then offer them a contract for next season

Just stopped in Ararat - there's five car loads of heart fans at the servo!

Gonna be a good trip!

Wait till you hit Bordertown, could barely get a drink at the pub with about 50 thirsty heart fans in there for a quick top up before they hit adelaide

Aziz Behich back from Korea and ready to start for Melbourne Heart

David Davutovic

Herald Sun

November 17, 201212:00AM

AZIZ Behich looks set to be rushed into Melbourne Heart's starting XI tonight less than 72 hours after making his Socceroos debut.

Behich was resting in his hotel room yesterday after arriving from South Korea in the morning.

The 21-year-old left back was one of four Australian debutants, along with Eli Babalj, Matthew Leckie and Tom Rogic, in the Socceroos' 2-1 win against the Koreans.

Heart has taken an unchanged squad to Adelaide for tonight's clash against second-placed United.

Behich has told coach John Aloisi he wants to start at Hindmarsh Stadium.

"It was unreal, a dream come true. Hopefully the coach (Holger Osieck) was happy with my performance," Behich said yesterday.

"I tried not to think about it too much going into the game, but watching from the bench I saw how fast-paced the game was.

"When you get into the game, you kind of adapt.

"It was adrenalin and excitement when I came on, but I felt pretty comfortable and I was excited to be out there.

"I've had a bit of a taste now and obviously I want more. I've just got to come back to Heart and keep trying to improve.

"There were no niggles or knocks. I'm a bit tired but I'm fine to go. I want to play against Adelaide but it's all up to John (Aloisi)."

Behich, who came on in the second half when the score was 1-1, said Osieck was delighted with the come-from-behind win.

"Holger was happy with the fightback and courage we showed as a team," he said.

Behich said Heart was buoyed by the 4-1 win against Brisbane Roar last week and the players had one goal tonight.

"We want the three points in Adelaide," Behich said.

Teammates Ben Garrucio and David Vrankovic also returned from international duty -- the Young Socceroos qualified for next year's under-20 World Cup in Turkey by reaching the last four in the Asian championship -- although they weren't considered for tonight's clash.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/aziz-behich-back-from-korea-and-ready-to-start-for-melbourne-heart/story-fndkzvnd-1226518475643

Family steels Melbourne Heart coach John Aloisi's resolve

Val Migliaccio

The Advertiser

November 17, 2012 12:00AM

JOHN Aloisi rates Mexico's Javier Aguirre, Scotland's Gordon Strachan and Italy's Gigi Simone as career-defining coaches but says his steely resolve is owed to the Aloisi dynasty.

John liked Aguirre's tactical nous and man management at Osasuna, Strachan's old fashioned "give it 100 per cent at all times" motivational talks at Coventry and Simone's academic attention to tactics at Cremonese.

John believes he's taken the best traits from all three revered bosses after his father Rocky was the Socceroos legend's first coach.

Rocky also influenced John's brother Ross - a former Adelaide United captain - who also took up the caper three years ago.

Rocky has had a 25 year senior coaching career, he is now with Salisbury United while Ross is earning plaudits for his refreshing professionalism at West Adelaide.

John says the pair are calming influences given he's approaching seven games into his senior A-League coaching career.

Speaking to Rocky and Ross before the clash against Adelaide United at Hindmarsh before today's clash is a must when the Heart boss tries to upstage his old Sydney FC boss John Kosmina.

"It's always good to get back to Adelaide because all the family is there," John said.

"They can get to see my team play and I get all that family support but I'm there with Melbourne Heart and we're trying to win the game for Melbourne Heart.

"I'm also lucky that I have good support from my dad Rocky and my brother Ross who are good coaches in their own right.

"They understand what I'm going through and they can see how the game is going and I can also talk to them after games about how we played, what we could have done better.

"It's always good to have them there and we can talk freely about football."

John is armed with all the survival skills to ensure he remains on the bench for many years to come.

He quickly learnt at 16 years-old that if he wanted to make a life as a professional he had to live in foreign places where he couldn't speak the language where he needed to adapt or sink into the abyss.

That mentally has taken Aloisi to play football in Belgium before he became the only Australian to play the game in the three-best known leagues on the planet - Italy, England and Spain.

Only the Bundesliga was missing from his club CV but when he scored twice against Germany in a 4-3 Socceroos loss in the 2005 Confederations Cup, the Germans saw what they were missing.

Now as a coach John brings a Euro-feel to the A-League table.

He's the most impeccably dressed boss in the competition and a stickler for perfection on the park.

He's studied Adelaide believing the Reds will want to give fans entertainment today.       

"Adelaide is probably going to come at us a bit more than normal," he said.

"Because they need to make the supporters happy at home but we're prepared for it."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/family-steels-melbourne-heart-coach-john-aloisis-resolve/story-fndkzvnd-1226518424944

Heart targets Reds fans

November 17, 2012

Michael Lynch

MELBOURNE Heart will look to silence the Hindmarsh crowd early and take the fans out of the equation when it takes on Adelaide United in the early A-League match tonight.

Buoyed by the 4-1 win over Brisbane Roar last weekend, Heart travels to South Australia in a confident mood, although some may still be reserving judgment on the merits of last weekend's rout given how poor the defending champion was.

Brazilian midfielder Fred is still out of action, while Vince Grella is not ready to be risked yet, Heart coach John Aloisi said on Friday.

But Josip Tadic is striking form at just the right time - his efforts against Brisbane showed just what an impact he can have - while Richard Garcia's dynamism and work rate makes him a threat in the final third of the pitch now that Aloisi is playing him further forward.

The coach could opt for the same starting line-up that beat Brisbane, although he has yet to make up his mind.

''I am not 100 per cent sure whether we go with the same 11 or I bring in David Williams instead of Nick Kalmar. 'Willo' did well off the bench when he came on and scored, but Nicky was good too in an unfamiliar role,'' he said.

''When you have someone like David coming off the bench it's a luxury as his pace and attacking approach can be very effective, especially if defenders are tired.''

Adelaide drew at home with Perth Glory last weekend and Aloisi is hoping that his side can score early to put the pressure on Adelaide. The United fans can sometimes be critical of their own team if it is not winning regularly.

''I would really like us to take the crowd out of the game and put pressure on them early, especially as they didn't win last week,'' Aloisi said.

''They are a very dangerous team though and we will have to be wary of Jeronimo and Dario Vidosic. Both make very good runs in behind the defence and Marcelo Carrusca in the midfield can play a pass.''

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/a-league/heart-targets-reds-fans-20121116-29hnt.html#ixzz2COmxAcqk

-----------------------Tadic-----------------------

----------------------Garcia----------------------

Kalmar-Thompson©-Hoffman-Dugandzic

Behich--Gerhardt------Colosimo--Marrone

----------------------Bolton----------------------

SUBS:

Redmayne (GK)

Macallister

Williams

Mitchinson

Confirmed XI for today. Just made the formation up, so doubt they'll actually line-up like that.

https://twitter.com/scott_munn/status/269675491001266178/photo/1

----------------------Garcia----------------------

Kalmar-Thompson©-Hoffman-Dugandzic

SUBS:

Redmayne (GK)

Macallister

Williams

Mitchinson

Confirmed XI for today. Just made the formation up, so doubt they'll actually line-up like that.

https://twitter.com/...1266178/photo/1

Will be more like:

---Kalmar-------------------------Dugandzic---

-------Thompson---Hoffman---Garcia-------

• Like 1