Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC pre season 2018

Forever City

India's first international football pre-season tournament, Toyota Yaris LaLiga World, will be held in Kochi with Indian Super League (ISL) club Kerala Blasters FC, Melbourne City FC and Girona FC from LaLiga locking horns in a three-way tournament. The three sides will playacross five days at the Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium in Kochi, starting on the 24th of July. 

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/melbourne-city-fc-travelling-india-take-girona-fc-and-kerala-blasters-july-2018

Edited by Forever City

5 minutes ago, Forever City said:

India's first international football pre-season tournament, Toyota Yaris LaLiga World, will be held in Kochi with Indian Super League (ISL) club Kerala Blasters FC, Melbourne City FC and Girona FC from LaLiga locking horns in a three-way tournament. The three sides will playacross five days at the Jawaharlal Nehru International Stadium in Kochi, starting on the 24th of July. 

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/melbourne-city-fc-travelling-india-take-girona-fc-and-kerala-blasters-july-2018

Better then  Port Melbourne

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Forever City said:

Sponsored by the Toyota Yaris. Words fail me. 

18 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

FFA Cup V Brisbane Roar away.

Get pumped for a dud fucking game. 1-0

Theyve already started pre-season and we would have just got back from India. Teflon John will roll us

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Can't help but be disappointed I'm afraid. I long for the day when we play a decent team - especially a CFG one - here in Melbourne. I'm not interested in building our - or Manchester's - fan base in India or Lismore. 

I still hope one day we have a CFG cup. I dont mind where, but imagine a two groups

(Group 1)

1. Manchester
  2. Melbourne
  3. Ath Torque
  4. African Team

(Group 2)

1. Toulouse
  2. Girona
  3. Yokohama
  4. NYC

Play each other once,

Then a semi knockout, and then a final.

Find a city that has two nearby stadiums, play over a 2 weeks.

Edited by haz
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, IssySG said:

Atkinson and Vidosic have been over there for at least a week at this point. However, the rest of the squad seems to be in Australia.

After Vidosic cradled Atkinson during his injury, seems like he is now his Daddy

Melbourne is pink , red, orange, yellow , green , turquoise, indigo and violet!

1 hour ago, haz said:

After Vidosic cradled Atkinson during his injury, seems like he is now his Daddy

Melbourne is pink , red, orange, yellow , green , turquoise, indigo and violet!

Are you calling Atkinson a little sister?

59 minutes ago, citymad said:

Training started this week. Seems a little late compared to other teams IMO especially because we have the FFA cup match in 4 weeks. I think CFG want the A league title this year and are going to chase that over FFA cup which we have already won. 

That shouldnt affect the start date of training. We should have started when the other teams did. We'll be 4-weeks less then then others, and I am sure to 'catch-up' the trainings will be harder, resulting in tired players.

21 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

What is our excuse for starting later?? Pretty poor on face value. Though I heard some players were training overseas? Perhaps just domestic training started this week?

I want to know why and what some players were doing in the UAE. Training, promotional work, 'team building'?

Edited by haz

30 minutes ago, haz said:

I want to know why and what some players were doing in the UAE. Training, promotional work, 'team building'?

Once again, it would be nice to get some updates from the club. We are interested and invested in this club - even in the off season. Wish we had that transparency.

5 minutes ago, haz said:

Has Caceras been announced yet? Sorry if I've missed it. I know he's been training with the team

@haz Good morning. Yes. Club web-site 25th June. https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/news/melbourne-city-sign-lachlan-wales-osama-malik-and-anthony-caceres

Photo of him wearing no. 17 on club Twitter.

Edited by jw1739

i think we are looking the goods for this season and the triple.  Sydney lose arguably their two best players from last season.  Victory have been gutted (youth and starting).  Doubt any of the other teams will be able to compete with our depth and hopefully continual signings. lets pray we keep arzani!!

48 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Only two visa slots left home boy. ;) 

Yea nah, let's sign Claudio Yacob and announce him as Clancy Jones dressed in a wive beater holding a tinny. "we found Clancy shearing sheep in regional Victoria"

11 hours ago, haz said:

We have our first day of training, Newcastle have their first preseason game..... Also Hoff Judist scored

We're among the late starters, but I can only assume that Joyce set the timetable according to where he wants the squad to be come the start of the season - 19th October - still over three months away.

IMO there are no excuses for Joyce this season. He's had the time to assemble the squad he wants - even so far it looks very strong on paper - and he's had a season to assess the country, the league, FFA, the grounds, the climate etc. etc. and now he has to deliver.

With the later start to the season I suspect that the likes of Perth, Brisbane and Newcastle may have gone off a wee bit early this time.

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

July 24 v Kerala Blasters @ Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. Kick-off 11:30pm (AEST).

July 27 v Girona @ Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. Kick-off 11:30pm (AEST).

I assume these will be streamed somehow?

3am for me, cba. Hope there is replays or at least extended highlights

• Like 1

Okay fellas serious question.

Given the sentiments that each game will be an indication of "where we are"...

And given how varied each team is.

Honestly. What would you be pleased with as a result that represents where we are at in our upcoming pre season games in India. Would 2 losses but good outings be decent? Are we looking for goals? Are we looking for gelling? Are we looking for youth stand outs?

What indicators are you looking for?

3 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

Okay fellas serious question.

Given the sentiments that each game will be an indication of "where we are"...

And given how varied each team is.

Honestly. What would you be pleased with as a result that represents where we are at in our upcoming pre season games in India. Would 2 losses but good outings be decent? Are we looking for goals? Are we looking for gelling? Are we looking for youth stand outs?

What indicators are you looking for?

IMO we have to wait and see what sort of squad we actually send. I can't imagine we're going to send all the senior players currently signed to the squad - that would be madness IMO. I would expect to see a strong youth element in the squad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IMO we have to wait and see what sort of squad we actually send. I can't imagine we're going to send all the senior players currently signed to the squad - that would be madness IMO. I would expect to see a strong youth element in the squad.

Given that the FFA cup is up soon after. And no other friendlies announced - do you really think they would not send a full squad? I thought it would be a given, at least against Girona.