Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

Going on the rest of the stuff that the clubs trying to sell, any nike gear will be navy and/or sky blue. It would look like sydney or the scum. This is the worst gear I have seen. The red and white and sky blue scarf is about the only good thing there in the shop. Wish they had the black gear that they had at preseason now that looked sweet.

The scarf is the one concession I've made to the sky blue. Bought two immediately they became available - one for the Mrs and one for me. I think they look great, especially because they link the old and the new.

Personally I doubt that they will be around for too much longer, so I reckon if you're having trouble letting go of the R&W years then they're a good investment.

Going on the rest of the stuff that the clubs trying to sell, any nike gear will be navy and/or sky blue. It would look like sydney or the scum. This is the worst gear I have seen. The red and white and sky blue scarf is about the only good thing there in the shop. Wish they had the black gear that they had at preseason now that looked sweet.

The scarf is the one concession I've made to the sky blue. Bought two immediately they became available - one for the Mrs and one for me. I think they look great, especially because they link the old and the new.

Personally I doubt that they will be around for too much longer, so I reckon if you're having trouble letting go of the R&W years then they're a good investment.

Having no real trouble letting go. It just that the navy and all the crap that has been spun. Just wish the club was honest with us. I was with them at the start but now seeing that NYCFC has no navy on their kit. Would love to see red, white and sky blue going forward. All three teams have sky blue, but we have red trim, NY has navy trim to connect to the city they are in. It's not going to happen but hey got to live in hope sometimes. I only usually buy the scarf but was hoping to get some other stuff this time but it just looks crap to me. Just wish they had something in black. The gear we used to have was so much better. Just had my hopes up for good stuff. The scarf looks great, I got one when they came to Bendigo. The colours together looks great and brings together old and new. I'll get over it just tired of being lied too.

• Like 2

I had a belated reply to my e-mail to the "A-League Shop" web-site, as follows:

Hi JW,

Thank you for your email and apologies about the late reply.

We do sell Melbourne City merchandise on our website www.fangear.com

Seems to me to be a different site, but it does sell City merchandise. N.B. The home jersey is out of stock.

There's still no change to the "A-League Shop" site - no mention of City.

Club announced in the email sent today that there would be a merch clearance on boxing day, making way for a new range coming 2015, surely this will be all the good Nike jackets, polos, etc?

I've given up saying "surely" with this club only to be repeatedly disappointed.

"Surely" implies insight, forethought, logic, perception ........................ you get the point.

• Like 3

As usual the possibilities for quality are endless and people are not stupid. If something is good quality they will pay it. I can never fathom why you would bring out anything other than top notch quality merch.

The worste part about it mate is that they bring out crap and expect you to pay the same price for top quality merch.

If the polos jackets and hoodies they bring out are much more expensive than the crap we have now, ill be boiling

Does anyone know where i can get these exact caps?

The club only had med-lrg left  and Rebel sport in Werribee dont have em.

Check out 'Capz' @ Uni Hill

Nothing left what so ever.

I got one from there when they first were released, but i had to return it as the emblem was way off centre.

I only have the metalic purple one now

I spoke to the lady at the merchandise stand after the Perth game. No more away shirts :angry:. Supporter's scarves are almost out as well. Apparently next home game will be their end.

Plenty of sky blue stuff though... I passed.

I'm not convinced that we will see the sky blue/white/red/white supporters' scarf again after the current batch sells out. IMO it's a one-off to placate the "keep-the-red-and-white" fans.

If anything, IMO we're going to see more of that dreaded dark blue, which I can't stand.

That's why I bought two of the scarves. Those plus my treasured r&w Heart scarves on the top shelf of the wardrobe will last me out!

• Like 2

I spoke to the lady at the merchandise stand after the Perth game. No more away shirts :angry:. Supporter's scarves are almost out as well. Apparently next home game will be their end.

Plenty of sky blue stuff though... I passed.

I'm not convinced that we will see the sky blue/white/red/white supporters' scarf again after the current batch sells out. IMO it's a one-off to placate the "keep-the-red-and-white" fans.

If anything, IMO we're going to see more of that dreaded dark blue, which I can't stand.

That's why I bought two of the scarves. Those plus my treasured r&w Heart scarves on the top shelf of the wardrobe will last me out!

I don't see red being used again much at all, despite the willingness of supporters to embrace the Manchester City blue. As has been mentioned on this forum CFG have no regard for existing supporters. All the red on advertising, the red on the membership sign up page along with the "Heart of the City" slogan appear to just have been bait to keep the current supporter base happy whilst everything was changed. Typical corporate behaviour, but not really that of a club.

We will see next season, but as Cadete has pointed out, CFG are only interested in blue, blue and more blue.

Perhaps the red and white away strip will stay as Man City have used the red and black. Apart from that, hats, scarves, polo's etc. will all be blue.

I would like to see supporters build their own arsenal of apparel based on the badge. Despite the "Keep the red and white" campaign, a lot of supporters appear to have jumped into the CFG stream and floated along. If there is any chance of retaining even the red, white and blue, it will have to be supporter led. Otherwise it will be pale blue and white, and "Melbourne's pale, baby blue and white" doesn't provoke a lot of passion in me.

• Like 4

I would like to see supporters build their own arsenal of apparel based on the badge. Despite the "Keep the red and white" campaign, a lot of supporters appear to have jumped into the CFG stream and floated along. If there is any chance of retaining even the red, white and blue, it will have to be supporter led. Otherwise it will be pale blue and white, and "Melbourne's pale, baby blue and white" doesn't provoke a lot of passion in me.

This. I don't see cardiff's fans bending over to be fucked by tan, nor should we. It's bad enough we're using the red & white as a clash kit, as opposed to an away kit as its been promoted. I feel ill every time the "c'mon you boys in white" chant is sung.

Edited by Imperial Pints
  • Like 6