Melbourne Football

13/14 Expectations - Get Excited

Caddy

Funny thing is no one who's not dressed in your color coded standard seems to be telling you how to dress so neck up mate and stop re hashing your simplistic view that we should be a sea of red and white cause clearly not everyone wants to dress head to toe in merch. Im aware people watch the home end but it's you who's having a whinge about people's clothes and not the army of people you say want the grand spectacle of people dressed the same as you. I'm telling you maybe you should focus on the game and not the appearance of your fellow terrace members it's getting old

You really need to work on your public speaking and debating skills my friend because I simply made a statement and it was a sarcastic statement at that.

I did not whinge at all and no I do not expect EVERYONE to be wearing Heart merch head to toe (and no, I don't do that) either. What I do expect is that I should be able to make a statement, voice my opinion and share my views on a public forum without everyone getting all so defensive. Just like Braveheart and Sash, you could've answered simply and maturely, instead of going on a typing rampage!

You think you should be able to wear whatever you want in the Active Area, I think more of the Active fans should wear Heart colours; it's called difference of opinion and makes for a healthy debate! ;) Just coz you think "it's getting old" it doesn't mean everyone should stop talking about it. A simple answer doesn't seem to work with you though does it? You seem to wanna bring up people's clothing choices as much as you can. Feel free to debate the point as much as you want but I'm done with your petty shit.

And if you're only here to discuss the club we all love and then discuss it, leave the yarraside to the core

The only time I ever brought this "people's clothing choices" up in the past was in April and I got some backlash then so I thought I make joke about it tonight as a passing sarcastic statement and I get my head bitten off again! Lol

You guys need to relax. I don't understand why you get so worked up on this matter, I'm not bloody ordering you all to wear red and white, I just voiced my opinion that I think it'd look better! lol

So get off your high-horse Mr. leave the yarraside to the core! Core of what?

Well for one YSIDE Core run the Admin of this forum you love so much... :up:

And we are also the same blokes who printed the Large Game Day Flag of Melbourne that you have use as your Display Pic on this forum. :up:

I give credit where credit is due and this is not one of those cases. I made my profile pic myself from scratch! Took the City of Melbourne flag image off Google, replaced the crown with the Heart logo and added the text! No plagiarism here mate.

The "YSIDE Core" need to start learning how to take a joke! I never said you SHOULD all wear red and white, I said "Does that mean you will wear more red and white?" and that was yep, I'll say it again, a joke! So I think you all need to have a sense of humour healthcheck!

No one's questioning your commitment if you don't wear Heart's colours, all I was saying was it may look better as a whole IMO. Kapisch? Get over your little insecurities...or whatever your issue is with this topic. In the meantime I think the "Core" needs to grow up and grow a sense of humour too while you're at it.

P.S. There's more to Heart than YSIDE  :up:

Good one Boffins! :up:

This thread is about getting excited for the upcoming season, not about what some "Cores" think we should or shouldn't be talking about and that we should shut up when they don't agree with someone else's view!

So move on and get back to being excited!  ;)

It's also not for 'joking' about what terrace members should wear.

Seriously jog on.

• Like 1

Good one Boffins! :up:

This thread is about getting excited for the upcoming season, not about what some "Cores" think we should or shouldn't be talking about and that we should shut up when they don't agree with someone else's view!

So move on and get back to being excited!  ;)

It's also not for 'joking' about what terrace members should wear.

Seriously jog on.

Not for joking? Haha okay...

Jogging on mate, jogging right along as I break into song, "So happy togetheeeeeeeer"

Fuck. What an off season so far. Hats off to the club. Pretty much have delivered everything they have said they were going to do this pre-season

Oath! Just need to sign a striker and we're pretty much set, I just hope Aloisi's good enough to deliver the results.

• Like 1

Dominic Bossi ‏@DomBossi 12m
The substitutes bench will be increased from 4 to 5 in the upcoming @ALeague season.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/aleague-benches-get-an-extra-seat-20130815-2rzak.html

We've got a lot of depth in our squad, especially if we sign another visa striker. So with the benches being increased by 1 this season, i expect aloisi to use this depth to its full potential.

Edited by heart_fan10

Dominic Bossi ‏@DomBossi 12m

The substitutes bench will be increased from 4 to 5 in the upcoming @ALeague season.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/aleague-benches-get-an-extra-seat-20130815-2rzak.html

We've got a lot of depth in our squad, especially if we sign another visa striker. So with the benches being increased by 1 this season, i expect aloisi to use this depth to its full potential.

Lol - Hoffman should just head to the Olympic Village now.

• Like 1

As long as Macallister and Hoffman aren't in our 16.

Macallister has more than people give him credit for. Though he still is a squad player.

surely Hoff knows some deep dark secrets of someone on the board.. either that or he is really hypno toad in disguise.

He prob has a hot sister, actually he prob would have to have two hot sisters and a mum not bad for her age.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Macallister has more than people give him credit for. Though he still is a squad player.

surely Hoff knows some deep dark secrets of someone on the board.. either that or he is really hypno toad in disguise.

Agree with this, d-mac will never be a star but for the role we're giving him he's perfect as just a back-up. If people remember last year his derby performance were convincing some people he should've started over tadic

• Like 1

Peter Sidwell is actually his biological father, but didn't know about him until several years ago so now Sidwell is trying to make up for lost time and make things right by Jason...

Brisbane Roar came 9th in the 2009-2010 season

and came first in the 2010 - 2011 season

dw, we will win the league this season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_A-League

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%9310_A-League

There's proof that anything's possible in the A-League!

If you want further proof look at AUFC; they went from last in 2009-10 to third in 2010-11:

2006-07: 2nd

2007-08: 6th

2008-09: 2nd

2009-10: 10th

2010-11: 3rd

2011-12: 9th

2012-13: 4th

I'll be happy even if Heart went from 9th to 4th like AUFC did the last two seasons, but yeah I think emulating Brisbane's feat of 2010-11 is achievable with our squad too (especially if we sign a decent finisher)!

I'm not concerned about the result. I'm concerned about the loss of a key player at a crucial time in pre-season when he was starting with poor fitness and poor touch (from the brief video). What concerns me from the Roar game was how we are playing, too much space between the lines, back 4 too flat, no midfield movement, no pressing, no midfield possession, it all looks very familiar

JA and the club surely must throw caution to the wind now, go out and get another marquee and fill the other visa spot. There is an article in the Herald Sun suggesting that they are already looking for another marquee.

Hopefully this has a galvanising effect on the squad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't see us finishing in front of victory, wsw, or Sydney, I expect us to battle it out for the last finals spot, I expect an improvement on last season but think that with the age of the first 11 and the question marks over players will hurt us, eg.:

- Gerhardt, unproven in defensive mid, and has limited range of passing

- kisnorbo, age and injury history

- wierlart, age and will he adapt to the league/country

- kewell, age, hasn't played in over a year and IMO didnt light up the league last time he was here

- mifsud, coming from the Maltese league to here, he might be maltas greatest ever play etc. but let's be realistic Malta/Maltese league is shit

- squad players like dmac, hoff, gol gol and germano, are they good enough for a team that wants to challenge for the finals? I don't think they are

Hope I'm proven wrong, hope we haven't made the same mistake as last season and recruited too many older players or players who simply aren't good enough to put forward a realistic challenge.

Can't see us finishing in front of victory, wsw, or Sydney, I expect us to battle it out for the last finals spot, I expect an improvement on last season but think that with the age of the first 11 and the question marks over players will hurt us, eg.:

- kewell, age, hasn't played in over a year and IMO didnt light up the league last time he was here

- mifsud, coming from the Maltese league to here, he might be maltas greatest ever play etc. but let's be realistic Malta/Maltese league is shit

- squad players like dmac, hoff, gol gol and germano, are they good enough for a team that wants to challenge for the finals? I don't think they are

Hope I'm proven wrong, hope we haven't made the same mistake as last season and recruited too many older players or players who simply aren't good enough to put forward a realistic challenge.

I think the main difference between our older players from previous seasons and our older players coming into this season is that this season's group actually have the decent CV filled with top-flight European experiences to back it up. 

We have the cattle, it'll either be Aloisi, injuries or both that bring us down but I'm confident of a strong season.

I think the main difference between our older players from previous seasons and our older players coming into this season is that this season's group actually have the decent CV filled with top-flight European experiences to back it up. 

We have the cattle, it'll either be Aloisi, injuries or both that bring us down but I'm confident of a strong season.

I agree. Gerhardt was really good last year and as a DM, I think he'll be the best we've seen as far as breaking down opposition attacks. A big, hard, tough presence in the middle, but way better than Shroj. And the other players mentioned - Wielardt, Kisnorbo, Kewell and Mifsud - in the event they can stay mostly injury free, they could be sensational.

It's really hard to predict where we'll finish, and after last year, it's hard to rule out the wheels falling off at some point. But with a bit of luck, it could be a pretty exciting season.

Completely agree with Nate. I'd also stress that age itself isn't a big issue. The best player last A-League season was 38 (Del Piero), the oldest outfield player. Likewise, there were many young players across the A-League who weren't up to standard last season.

This season our signings have been very good. Instead of a central defender like Steven Gray, we have Wielaert and Kisnorbo. And whilst Tadic was okay at a club or two (and he was only very good in Croatia), we now have a player in Mifsud who's scored more goals over more seasons, and has a stellar record in international football.

Our squad has strengthened in every area. It's now up to Aloisi to get results with solid squad.

• Like 1

Can't see us finishing in front of victory, wsw, or Sydney, I expect us to battle it out for the last finals spot, I expect an improvement on last season but think that with the age of the first 11 and the question marks over players will hurt us, eg.:- Gerhardt, unproven in defensive mid, and has limited range of passing- kisnorbo, age and injury history- wierlart, age and will he adapt to the league/country- kewell, age, hasn't played in over a year and IMO didnt light up the league last time he was here- mifsud, coming from the Maltese league to here, he might be maltas greatest ever play etc. but let's be realistic Malta/Maltese league is shit- squad players like dmac, hoff, gol gol and germano, are they good enough for a team that wants to challenge for the finals? I don't think they areHope I'm proven wrong, hope we haven't made the same mistake as last season and recruited too many older players or players who simply aren't good enough to put forward a realistic challenge.

I'd like to know what you actually know about the Maltese league. I'm guessing you know very little.

Almost 40 international goals. Pretty strong selling point for mine.

• Like 1