Melbourne Football

Strebre - The dog!

Buddy Farah

agree, a few too many calls didn't go our way. but, the hoffman yellow may have been deserved. because we've earnt a reputation for diving...remember the Perth game. Babalj and Maycon are our number one culprits.

The refs review all games after each weekend and discuss these sort of things. Hence, Sebre must have had clear direction from superiors and colleagues to watch out for Heart.

As far as I'm concerned, Hoff went down easily but was still obstructed in a way that some referees would class that challenge as illegal and point to the spot.

I don't really think it's a dive if a player goes down easily, but gets up straight away and plays on without consulting the ref.

But anyway, Stebre's a hack. The quality of refereeing is getting eclipsed by the quality of the league, and the referees are being left behind.

As far as I'm concerned, Hoff went down easily but was still obstructed in a way that some referees would class that challenge as illegal and point to the spot.

I don't really think it's a dive if a player goes down easily, but gets up straight away and plays on without consulting the ref.

But anyway, Stebre's a hack. The quality of refereeing is getting eclipsed by the quality of the league, and the referees are being left behind.

The card is for being ungentlemanly, it's irrelevant if the player appeals for a foul, the ref is booking the player for attempting to gain an advantage by deceiving the ref.

There is a perception that Strebre lets the game "flow" and that this is good for the game. My opinion is that we want to see the best players playing entertaining football, those players want and need to be protected from hacks. Strebre's tendency to talk instead of card is bad for the game.

• 1 year later...

He was given a week off when he missed the clear red on Fabio, who virtually knifed Garrucio in the calf, back against Sydney, in Sydney, How the hell did he deemed it to be just a yellow was laughable and I suspect he didn't see it and guessed after he saw Ben writhing in pain on the ground.

He may get another week's rest after that performance last night . The FFA Referee's department, really clamp down on wrong decisions that affect the result of the game. Referees are only human, just the players, coaches and supporters...they too make mistakes and only have a slpit second to make a decision without the luxury of instant replays from ten different angles....

On hindsight maybe he should not have officiated the same team two weeks in a row....bad decision by Ben Wilson at FFA

A little inconsistent, but we were beaten by a better team, deal with it.

What game were you watching?

A one where Redmayne was utterly hopeless for the entire first half (and yet was hailed as our best player) and certain members of our own supporter group decided to trash Jihad stadium.

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Stop talking.

• Like 5