Melbourne Football

Matchday 12: v Sydney - Sunday 29th December 6.30 pm at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium

Harrison

1 hour ago, rass said:

Oh i agree, stuff ups all round. ..and it does your head in as a supporter to stay positive through it. But I just don't buy the argument that we don't care and accept mediocrity. 

In all reality, we could have spent the exact some $ that we have on Luna (for example), on some other no-name dude and he could've turned out to be a beast. Only last season we brought Harrison down who had the pedigree to be a star. That's not the decision making of a club who doesn't give a f**k...

So why didn't we keep him instead of bringing in an "unknown" South American on a 2-year contract? That's the kind of decision that frustrates me.

Just now, jw1739 said:

So why didn't we keep him instead of bringing in an "unknown" South American on a 2-year contract? That's the kind of decision that frustrates me.

I agree, it is frustrating, but i don't think it's negligent.

Who knows with Harrison. To my eye, he looked like a gun that probably couldn't settle here. He was also on loan from Tottenham yeah? So maybe he we didn't have a say in it.

I don't know all the facts but I do know that we brought him out here from Tottenham - so it doesn't make sense to me to say 'the club doesn't care because we went to the effort of bringing a player down here only to send him away'.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

The only difference between the 2 clubs is that they have a playmaker in the midfield that can take on defenders and score goals and we don't.

I disagree Sydney have always had 2 people up top who can score last year brosque and Reza(done nothing) this year Kosta to partner lefondre so takes pressure off him, with city man mark Jamie and that's it 

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

The only difference between the 2 clubs is that they have a playmaker in the midfield that can take on defenders and score goals and we don't.

Edited by HughJass

It's all to do with mentality, we have no aggression at all and by aggression I mean the fuck off component.

It's the arrogance of the midfielder to play the switch or through ball, the tenacity of the defence to stand strong (you shall not pass) and when the foot goes in can make it effective to go forward.

The Forwards to take players on, to turn the defence and say fuck off, this is going to be a goal bound.

Edited by moops
  • Thanks 1