Melbourne Football

Eli Babalj Appreciation..

Mozilla

I think the club is to focused on breaking even, to look at wining titles.

agree. could turn out bad or great for us.

bad: we dont win many games (like Vucktree last season) and are far off our target of 9,000 at matches because of the bad results.

good: make a couple of average signings that turn into master strokes. finish 4th or 5th and have a crack at the finals. PLUS, we get good results, and crowds, and break even!

I just thought there'd be just a little more made of it. prehaps an article saying the deals all but through, but the only ones I've seen are in serbian.

...which probably means that it isn't actually as far along as Red Star would wish. Maybe Heart are hanging out for a bigger up-front fee - who knows? Four weeks ago the Newcastle (UK) press was saying Curtis Good was going to be Newcastle's first signing of the summer, but it hasn't happened yet and by all accounts isn't going to.

what i want to know is, has Aloisi had a word in this? He has been in europe lately working on his coaching license, which seems to be the exact same time these negotiations with red star are happening. I remember reading Aloisi saying he had high hopes of Babalj leading his strike force next season and was looking forward to it which indicates that he really wants him to stay.

Has he been contributing in these negotiations? or has JD been the one negotiating with 'breaking even' at the back of his mind.

I would like to think whatever the decision is, it has been a decision made by the head coach.

Edited by heart_fan10

...which probably means that it isn't actually as far along as Red Star would wish. Maybe Heart are hanging out for a bigger up-front fee - who knows? Four weeks ago the Newcastle (UK) press was saying Curtis Good was going to be Newcastle's first signing of the summer, but it hasn't happened yet and by all accounts isn't going to.

not by all accounts. Scott Munn himself said it was still on the cards. I believe that over an article in a newspaper

People can make fun of "breaking even" but im happy about the club looking to the future and setting financial goals, you can sign your big players and end up like GCU & NQF or you can take a few years of finishing mid table and setting a good structure and culture at the club then once you have the supporters and the financial stability you can start signing these 500k players!

A loan back to MH and an on-sell agreement are vital for us. If we just let him go end of story that would not be a good outcome. More wins = more members. Even if some don't turn up, the club still had their membership money.

Babalj is an exciting prospect, I'd love to see him loaned back if he does go to Red Star.

Seriously, do you know the club that your talking about.Have a look at the league and there isn't a great deal of money in that club. The league it self is like the Albanian, Denmark..... leagues not high level and money isn't talkable.Alot of left over players that don't make it anywhere else go there.

I agree we need a better striker, but babalj has alot of talent and i think he will be a superstar...

win the title next year? lol as much as i hope we do, it wont happen a coach with no coaching experience, no assiant yet, not even signing players yet, and the big hole up front now...

He won't go anywhere there and I bet you he'll be back after 1 maybe 2 years

Seriously, do you know the club that your talking about.Have a look at the league and there isn't a great deal of money in that club. The league it self is like the Albanian, Denmark..... leagues not high level and money isn't talkable.Alot of left over players that don't make it anywhere else go there.

The League's standard is exactly why I posted above your post the following u troll:

If he is sold I cannot see him being loaned back to us - I reckon they would want him as a squad player.

Is this "Loan Back Idea" one that has actually been reported as a possibility??

Or did someone throw this into the mix on here because the German Champions could afford to loan back Krusty the Clown??

And Mario take your badly hidden ethnic slurs back to Football Anarchy - We have no place for them here.

(We get it - You dont like Serbs - We dont like Racists).

• Like 1

The League's standard is exactly why I posted above your post the following u troll:

Is this "Loan Back Idea" one that has actually been reported as a possibility??

Or did someone throw this into the mix on here because the German Champions could afford to loan back Krusty the Clown??

And Mario take your badly hidden ethnic slurs back to Football Anarchy - We have no place for them here.

(We get it - You dont like Serbs - We dont like Racists).

No slurrs, have you ever seen the league. grow a brain

He wont be loaned back, Their not a big club who can afford to drop 500k on a player and have him play on the other side of the world in the "Kangaroo league"

Spot on Luke, I think they are trying to make it sound a hole lot bigger than it is, and about Krusty the clown at CM just have a look at forums in germany to find out the truth about his move and the so called LOAN

Why would they buy him and loan him back for a season, when has just 1 season to run on his conract...? :wacko:

Red Star could have the exact same outcome for free if they just wait 1 season, it's pretty obvious he wont be loaned back.

• Like 1

OK, unlikely that he will. But we all wish he's loaned back!

Ahh my two cents about the league. You'll have 6 or so strong sides and the rest on par with AL. They survive on breeding/developing young players. Have a look how many Serbs are playing in major leagues around the world. No doubt there youth training is far superior to ours, just not sure on mature players.

What ever the outcome. Just wish our club turns out to be a winner. Byes I'm selfish. If Babalj turns out to have a great career, he may want to come back in a decade and a bit to finish off and pay some back to MH.

If Babalj turns out to have a great career, he may want to come back in a decade and a bit to finish off and pay some back to MH.

hope this is the case for all of the young players that go on to do bigger and better things from heart, that they come back one day, not asking for huge wages, and repay the club that gave them these opportunities.

Anyway,

Maycon has helped Pahang FA win promotion in Malaysia scoring 6 goals in 3 games.

Rofl that is right he now averages 2 goals a game now opposed to a goal every 14 games with MH.

Who says we get him back as Eli’s replacement??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Maycon has helped Pahang FA win promotion in Malaysia scoring 6 goals in 3 games.

lol what? He was in the second division of Malaysia?

I wasnt even aware that they let foreigners back into the Malaysian league.

I clearly didnt pay any attention to where he was going, all I needed to know was that he was gone.