Melbourne Football

2012/2013 MH starting 11, subs and coaches based on confirmed appointments / contracted players only

Torn Asunder

Who cares what the critics say.

Once we beats the Mongs at that AFL stadium, they will change their tune and even if they don't do we really care what they say???

You support your team regardless of who is in the squad ( but IMO i think we have a great chance of improving on last year)

Probably another thing counting against us in these assessments is the complete change in our coaching team. But IMO JA is such a positive person that this is actually a change in our favour.

Our starting eleven is pretty competitive. A lot is going to depend on keeping our best team on the field and not having key players out for weeks with seemingly minor injuries.

That and most of our new players are complete unknowns to the people making these assessments. I wouldn't be taking any notice of 442's predictions.

• Like 1

---------------------Bolton--------------------

-------------Gerhardt - Colosimo----------

-Marrone----------------------------Behich-

---------------------------Thompson--------

--------------Germano ----------------------

------------------------Fred-------------------

--Dugandzic------------------------Garcia--

----------------------Tadic--------------------

i think this lineup has a lot of potential. Solid at the back, and dangerous up front, exactly what we need

• Like 2

i think this lineup has a lot of potential. Solid at the back, and dangerous up front, exactly what we need

Agree... I would then incude an attacking bench of Williams / Golgol, Kalmar and Mcallister. The defenders could be covered if required by Thompson or Germano. I would also allow Gerhardt to switch into midfield for periods, dropping Thompson back. Behich could also go forward at times by dropping either Thompson or Germano into defence, with Garcia moving into central midfield.

Agree... I would then incude an attacking bench of Williams / Golgol, Kalmar and Mcallister. The defenders could be covered if required by Thompson or Germano. I would also allow Gerhardt to switch into midfield for periods, dropping Thompson back. Behich could also go forward at times by dropping either Thompson or Germano into defence, with Garcia moving into central midfield.

Yes the No Defender plan was a godsend last year, that attacking bench of Williams and Hoff really did great things...

Williams will have a blinder of a season..I have a vibe....

A spare central defender would be good as back up, but is generally only of use in the event of an injury. Last season when hamill was on the bench as a back up for Colosimo I remember some games where he didn't get a run and Jvs was hamstrung tactically for substitute options. That's one of the shitty a-league limitations with only being allowed 3 outfield subs. Again, that's why we should rotate some of our versatile players into different positions to create more playing options ...

But what would I know, I certainly don't have your wisdom, cadete, and I'm sure you will enjoy correcting me ;-)

Slow news day for Heart.

Boznic is on "a can of worms" (chanel 10) show talking about r/ships. He should stick to football analysis. But, could 10 be introducing there new football identity to FTA TV? Is 10 in the running for Football rights? I could be reading too much in this...

Oh about that, what's happening with our latest open posts? Any news of JA return to Melb from Wollongong? Would be ideal if we add some support to the team of seniors quality.

I heard on the weekend, from a credible diehard Victory supporter (yes, they're out there, apparently) that Carlos Hernandez has been contacted by Heart (again). Apparently he's looking at getting out of India. Probably so, but we all know there's no Visa room for him at Heart! The other club interested is WSW. Hope he goes there - would be awesome to watch him again.

• Like 1

Unlucky to the fat kunt, he wanted more cash so he went to India. Hes obviously spent more time on the toilet then on the pitch and hes had enough. Don't feel sorry for him but would accept with open arms if we had a visa spot.

Might not be a fat kent now, if he spent all that time on the dunny, might have done him some good.

snapback.pngKeeper, on 08 September 2012 - 12:42 PM, said:

---------------------Bolton--------------------

-------------Gerhardt - Colosimo----------

-Marrone----------------------------Behich-

---------------------------Thompson--------

--------------Germano ----------------------

------------------------Fred-------------------

--Dugandzic------------------------Garcia--

----------------------Tadic--------------------

if we play with this formation we will do well, except colosimo I don't know if I have faith in him. Don't put Gol Gol Mehbratu on unless you want everyone to have a good laugh at us.

• 2 weeks later...

If Aloisi had the balls to do it...

Redmayne;

Marrone, Colosimo, Gray, Behich;

Gerhardt, Germano, Fred;

Dugandzic, Macallister, Garcia.

Bench: Bolton, Vrankovic, Tadic, Garuccio

I like it, but with a couple of changes:

Redmayne

Marrone, Colosimo, Gray, Behich

Garcia, Gerhardt, Fred

Dugandzic, Macallister, Garuccio

Bench: Bolton, Thompson, Germano, Tadic

Gerhardt can go back if needed while Thompson and Germano give plenty of options off the bench. Bolton has missed heaps of pre season and doesn't look ready, so agree that Redmayne should get the gig round 1.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 3

I still dont see the point in PPL persisting with this thread and keep posting their fav teams which directly contradict with what the MH coaching staff and the players themselves have literally said about how the team will line up...

For example we have been told numerous times by JA and Co. that Garcia will be used as a DM despite having played elsewhere for most of his career...

Paddy Go Hard recently said himself has said in an interview that he will be played as a CB now with Bj’s departure.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Our major issue is with the style we play. Currently Go Hard and C-los are not ball players, they are ball hoofers. Bolton as well, I hate to say, has terrible judgement when assessing attacking options. There were so many times last season when Behich led with a quick run but Bolton just held the ball, which ended up being hoofed down field.

Options - haven't seen Redmayne but from what I've heard he has decent ball disposal having learnt that style of play whilst with Roar. Starting Gray and Vrankovic in CB. Have never been a fan of Colosimo. I honestly don't think that he shows any sort of leadership at all on the field. Not sure about Gray, but he is older and I would have thought that with heart going for someone of his age, leadership would have been a determining factor in contracting him. Vrankovic is someone I think will be huge for us this year. He'll make mistakes like Good and Hamil did but from what I've seen he got the goods.

Germano DM. Sorted.

Fred and ? In midfield. I'm thinking Kalmar at present as Thompson has shown some decline. I don't think he is the player he was.

D-Mac up front. You can't say he hasn't earned it with his pre season performances. Just because Tadic is a Visa player shouldnt guarantee him a start.

Garcia has to play wide. Let's not totally change a players position that he has played his whole life and to him into the EPL.

Unfortunately, The Williams Behich connection down the left isn't really working. I would much prefer to play him as a striker when needed.

I know we won't waiver from our 433, but you need to play to the squad you have sometimes. 442 suits us much better, but here is my idea for the current 433.

Redmayne

Marrone-----Gray--------Vrankovic---------Behich

Kalmar-----------------Germano

Fred

Duga------------------------------------------Garcia

D-Mac

• Like 1

I still dont see the point in PPL persisting with this thread and keep posting their fav teams which directly contradict with what the MH coaching staff and the players themselves have literally said about how the team will line up...

For example we have been told numerous times by JA and Co. that Garcia will be used as a DM despite having played elsewhere for most of his career...

Paddy Go Hard recently said himself has said in an interview that he will be played as a CB now with Bj’s departure.

Oh come on. This is a forum for people to express their views.

• Like 2

Oh come on. This is a forum for people to express their views.

Prefer to deal with Reality myself.

Edited by cadete

Why did we bother to sign Golgol? And for two years? There were injury concerns with him before we signed him. Sometimes I wonder WTF our football department thinks it's up to.

He suffered a minor injury which is why he is unavailable .

I reckon it's good we are giving him a chance...he has raw ability so if the coaching staff can get the best out of him he will be good value. Rather take a punt on him rather than a Maycon type

He suffered a minor injury which is why he is unavailable .

I reckon it's good we are giving him a chance...he has raw ability so if the coaching staff can get the best out of him he will be good value. Rather take a punt on him rather than a Maycon type

agreed.

the kid's got talent, a good turn of pace and can create chances for himself.

With Germano out I would like to see PG move into DM role with Gray at CB.

Might be alone here but would like Thompson in a left sided role for a few reasons

- can swap over to LB with Behich

- can also swap with Garcia/anyone just about due to flexibility if it doesn't work

- knows how to get into goal scoring op

- most of all, I don't rate Williams

• Like 2

With a squad of only 20, two players injured, that leaves just 18 from which to draw a match squad of 15.

Not a lot of room to move there.

Means the NYL players, when signed, must come into the reckoning.

And I know I bang on about it, but it means injury management - getting blokes back on the pitch - becomes so important.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

as JW said, this season is about injury management. We've got some quality individuals and we've always seemed to get into a position in 90% of our matches where we've got a chance to win. And when we've had our strongest side in, we've hardly lost. If injuries can be kept to a minimum, and we've got a full squad to select from in at least 20 of our 27 matches, then we'll have a good season.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

------------------------------Tadic/Macallister------------------------------

Williams-----------------------------------------------------------Dugandzic

--------------------Fred----------------------Garcia------------------------

----------------------------------Grella---------------------------------------

Behich-------------Colosimo----------Gerhardt/Vrankovic---Marrone

-----------------------------------Bolton-------------------------------------

Subs

Redmayne

Thompson

Germano

Tadic/Macallister

Players we have for each position:

GK: Bolton, Redmayne

RB: Marrone

CB: Colosimo, Gerhardt, Gray, Vrankovic

LB: Behich

DM: Thompson, Grella, Garcia

AM: Fred, Germano, Kalmar

LW: Williams, Garuccio

CF: Tadic, Macallister, Hoffman

RW: Dugandzic, Mebrahtu

Looking at this there's only one area Aloisi needs to address and that's CB. Gerhardt is not a true CB and other than Gray (unknown quality) there's no depth there. We should push hard to sign Madaschi and Ogenovski. Then we should be sweet!

Am I the only one who thinks our weakest position when compared with the rest of the league is up front?

I don't think D-Mac & Tadic will score more than 15 goals between them this season tbh.

You seem to be a Barca fan, surely you would know plenty of goals can come from the flanks and midfield. ;)

Put Mate and Willo down for 5 each, Thomo down for about the same, a couple each from Fred, Germano, Garcia and Grella and the odd goal from a defender or sub... thats roughly 40+ goals.

We should be alright, we are creating enough, just need some composure.

Edited by LR9