Portland - Salt Lake

Sunday:

Orlando - New York City

Kansas City - New York Red Bulls

Seattle - New England

:wub:

Edited by NYCFCFan10

Ugh, sloppy and ugly.

Orlando is a tough place to play. Hot and humid and that shitty turf. Thank god they are getting a new stadium next year.

Heartbroken we gave up the win late...Mix with a great goal, we should have won.

Gave up a late win huh? Welcome to the family

• Like 5

Ugh, sloppy and ugly.

Orlando is a tough place to play. Hot and humid and that shitty turf. Thank god they are getting a new stadium next year.

Heartbroken we gave up the win late...Mix with a great goal, we should have won.

Glad to see that Melbourne City is being used as the model rather than Manchester City.

• Like 3

Fk me, is that the MLS? Who would've thought they have full stadiums and atmosphere like that! How much is a seasons membership over there? I know thier merchandise would be dirt cheap though...

We have the advantage that we're sort of smack dab in the middle of Europe and South America so we take elements from both cultures.

NYCFC will have a much more "European" supporters culture but most down south and out west have a more South American culture.  I didn't like the whole Latino soccer thing at first but I have to admit, it creates one hell of an atmosphere.  

Listen to the noise from Kansas City, when's the last time you heard this noise at an EPL game? (after the line-ups):

That Seattle tifo is in response to the "King of Clubs" tifo from Portland.  Its the Seattle Manager and the Portland captain (Will Johnson) playing cards:

1310658554-tifo.jpg

EDIT:  Its not all sunshine and roses yet but its definitely getting better and better each and every year.  The newer teams or teams with new stadiums are all in downtown areas, Seattle, Portland, Toronto, Kansas City, Vancouver, they'll sell out each and every game.  Its looking like you can add Orlando, New York City and San Jose to this list.   

The older stadiums in Chicago, Dallas, New Jersey Red Bull are in the suburbs and teams still playing in non-soccer specific stadiums like DC United and New England, they still have soft attendance.  DC United is getting a new stadium in downtown DC and New England is rumored to be getting a new stadium in downtown Boston.   Though New England's attendance has been on the rise.

Edited by NYCFCFan10

Soccer is Mexico's favorite sport. They've been at it a lot longer, have bigger clubs and more skillful players.

Concacaf quarterfinals start in MLS preseason, everyone else is midseason.

Mexico City is at a higher altitude than Denver, our highest city.

This is Estadio Azteca for a Club America game:

20120123-60040_estadio_azteca2.jpg

Chivas Guadalajara's stadium

Estadio-Omnilife.jpg

Cruz Azul stadium

azul_front.jpg

Monterrey will finish this stadium this year:

35alwfc.jpg

11062380_856128237784869_487519190987715

Edited by NYCFCFan10

I noticed the picture of  Chivas Guadalajara's stadium in NYCFCFan10's Mexico pics. and I was reminded of Chivas USA (which was based in LA) and that the concept of an overseas club taking a spot in the league modelled on the home club overseas flopped miserably. http://www.espnfc.com.au/chivas-usa/story/2112968/mls-shuts-down-chivas-usanew-clubownership-to-return-in-2017

On a global scale, I hope this represents the future of this type of venture. Local clubs that represent the people of the city they are in are the way to go.

Edited by Peter

I noticed the picture of  Chivas Guadalajara's stadium in NYCFCFan10's Mexico pics. and I was reminded of Chivas USA (which was based in LA) and that the concept of an overseas club taking a spot in the league modelled on the home club overseas flopped miserably. http://www.espnfc.com.au/chivas-usa/story/2112968/mls-shuts-down-chivas-usanew-clubownership-to-return-in-2017

On a global scale, I hope this represents the future of this type of venture. Local clubs that represent the people of the city they are in are the way to go.

Nah, not a fair comparison.

The owner of Chivas is a stupid Mexican piece of shit.  He has one of Mexico's biggest clubs on the verge of relegation.  He looked down on MLS, thought it was essentially a minor league for Mexico and treated it as such.  Never made an attempt to build a stadium, admittedly tried to make the club only appeal to Mexicans living in LA -- who were also Guadalajara fans.  He only wanted to sign Mexican players because that's what they do at Guadalajara.  Everything about the club was in Spanish.  It was a trainwreck.   It was just too exclusive.  

I did sort of like having a Spanish-speaking club as it meant we were probably the first league in the world to have Spanish, French, and English speaking clubs all in the same league but the guy had to go.  For as dumb as CFG have been, they at least legitimately seem interested in being the absolute best in whatever league they're in and will put their money where their mouth is.      

Edited by NYCFCFan10