Melbourne Football

MLS(Major League Soccer)

dRoy

Honestly, I think everyone, even their fans (and the handful that remained til the end were as diehard as they come) acknowledge that this needed to happen.  The owner of the club was a Mexican idiot that looks down on MLS and never made any attempt to make anything of his club.  

The outcome was that a group of 23 millionaires/billionaires bought the club and are transforming it into LAFC.  They are really making some noise and look like they can actually take it to the LA Galaxy.   So I think everyone's gunna be pretty happy in another year.  

lafc-ownership-group.jpg

LrlRDUl.png

Edited by NYCFCFan10

Orlando City are about to announce a 65k sellout to their opener against NYCFC.

Just gotta hope the players strike is over by then

Everything I'm hearing from the players seems to point to an agreement coming within the next 3 days. 

You're the Orlando fan, right?  I hear you guys are linked with Mario Balotelli.  I think a move out of Europe would be good for him at this point. 

Think your coach could handle him?

Orlando City are about to announce a 65k sellout to their opener against NYCFC.

Just gotta hope the players strike is over by then

Everything I'm hearing from the players seems to point to an agreement coming within the next 3 days. 

You're the Orlando fan, right?  I hear you guys are linked with Mario Balotelli.  I think a move out of Europe would be good for him at this point. 

Think your coach could handle him?

That's good, tbh i mostly agree with the player unions demands so i hope they can get something out of this. 

Yes i'm an OC fan and a Liverpool fan but I haven't heard that rumour. I'm happy for him to stay at Liverpool, he's not been very good but I think BR has a good track record on getting the best out of players.

It might be hard for him to stay in the National team but i think he'd like America.

There might be one set of eye candy left...but they might be gone, too. :(

There is a crazy guy with a chainsaw that cuts a huge log with every goal.

That seems to be good idea. Do they light em up at the end?

Nah

Hey the Dynamo girls are still a thing. 

2009-dynamo-action.jpg

Sadly, the Chivas USA girls are no more:

ChivaGirls-2011-ModelVanityMagazine.jpg

Just curious NYCFCFan10 you seem pretty passionate about MLS why jump on board the city train? Did you have a team before city came along?

I'm from New York and I'm not pulling for a team named after an energy drink that plays in New Jersey.

I liked Manchester, before they double-crossed us.  Now I root against them.    

I never had a team in MLS, I've had a soft spot for both Portland and RSL though.   Both have(had? RSL's coach is now ours) coaches I like and both have good fans.  

Edited by NYCFCFan10

Interesting stuff, what you reckon the crowds will be like for NYCFC? Playing in empty grounds seems to be a problem across the city group hopefully NYC bucks that trend.

Hard to say really.

We have 14,000 season ticketholders and counting, we have ~30,000 tickets sold for our first home game and still a week and half to sell tickets.  Could climb to ~35,000 which considering we're experiencing a record smashing winter right now, playing in a baseball stadium, and starting the season with only Mix and David Villa as the only recognizable names isn't too bad.  Its going to be cold out there for the first couple of games, that always softens attendance a little. 

I think, at worst ~20,000, if we come out winning a lot, we could do ~27k a game, which is all they intend to open in the stadium.      

Just curious NYCFCFan10 you seem pretty passionate about MLS why jump on board the city train? Did you have a team before city came along?

I'm from New York and I'm not pulling for a team named after an energy drink that plays in New Jersey.

I never had a team in MLS, I've had a soft spot for both Portland and RSL though.   Both have(had? RSL's coach is now ours) coaches I like and both have good fans.

Did Machester fuck your wife or slap one of your kids? I understand you New Yorkers aren't happy with the whole Lampard debacle as we aren't happy with the Villa one but fuck me, you guys whinge more than the poms.

Did Machester fuck your wife or slap one of your kids? I understand you New Yorkers aren't happy with the whole Lampard debacle as we aren't happy with the Villa one but fuck me, you guys whinge more than the poms.

Fucked us over and lied to our face -- repeatedly.   This is a new team in one of the world's premier cities. 

You don't promise us a team that is "authentically New York, not Manchester" and "this isn't a marketing trick or branding play" and then hand us uniforms that make the guys in Manchester say "Those are the best Manchester City uniforms we've ever seen" and actually mean it. 

You don't introduce a very high profile player as ours, put up massive billboards saying "buy season tickets now!" and tell us you're loaning him to Manchester and then say, "Oh that was just a miscommunication, he was really our player all along.  Sorry, no refunds!"  It was a lie from the beginning and they chose to keep lying about it.        

That's NOT how you make a first impression.  You don't just come in and insult, lie and embarrass your fans and their league.  We need to make sure the people in Manchester realize that's not going to be how it is and I hope when they inevitably bring Manchester over in the summer, we drive that point home again. 

Edited by NYCFCFan10
  • Like 1

So does this mean you understand why we hate you for the Villa thing now?

Quite the opposite.  It baffles me why you're angry with NY for the Villa thing.   In fact, I'd say you're a fool if you're mad at NY for Villa.

If the Lampard situation has demonstrated anything its that:  1) Manchester is pulling all the strings 2) They're assholes.

Further baffling me is that you say we're overreacting for being very publicly lied to and now having one of our best players missing for a little over half our entire season (potentially) and you guys are angry about 6 games.  At least Villa showed up when he said he would and was actually loaned to your team.  That's more than NY can say about Lampard.           

Buddy I am a bit confused, (nothing out of the norm), but will you be supporting this new team?

Yep.

So have bought a season ticket yet?

9 game plan.

I won't be able to make the midweek games because of work. 

Real ultras are on the dole mate. 

I'm not an ultra. 

Fucked us over and lied to our face -- repeatedly.   This is a new team in one of the world's premier cities. 

You don't promise us a team that is "authentically New York, not Manchester" and "this isn't a marketing trick or branding play" and then hand us uniforms that make the guys in Manchester say "Those are the best Manchester City uniforms we've ever seen" and actually mean it. 

You don't introduce a very high profile player as ours, put up massive billboards saying "buy season tickets now!" and tell us you're loaning him to Manchester and then say, "Oh that was just a miscommunication, he was really our player all along.  Sorry, no refunds!"  It was a lie from the beginning and they chose to keep lying about it.        

That's NOT how you make a first impression.  You don't just come in and insult, lie and embarrass your fans and their league.  We need to make sure the people in Manchester realize that's not going to be how it is and I hope when they inevitably bring Manchester over in the summer, we drive that point home again. 

Probably doesn't make you feel better but they did the same here.  Though not so much as blatantly lie, but deliberately misleading the fans.  We were ticked off, but in the end (as they knew) they had us over a barrel as we had nowhere to go.  Sydney stopping them playing in Man City/Sydney jerseys helped keep a lot of people .  There are about 100+ pages of our gripes on various threads if you could be bothered reading them.  i won't summarise the complaints as we are all over arguing amongst ourselves about it.  

Really the whole thing reminds me of my favourite quote from the Brady Movie.  "You've got to lie cheat and steal to make it in the big house".  

Having said that though, they do know something about football.

PS I also now actively barrack against Man City.  I'm not sure about "rooting against them" though.  Not judging, but its not really my thing and if it was, well Mrs S would take a very dim view.

Edited by Shahanga

Montreal just won a thriller against Pachuca in CCL.   We're at a huge disadvantage because our league is in preseason and they're all midseason.

Well done, Montreal!

I am looking forward to seeing how Jeb Brovsky goes in NY. Was one of my favourite players for Impact a couple of years ago. 100% man. Injuries and age may have hindered him a bit, so will be interesting.

Quite the opposite.  It baffles me why you're angry with NY for the Villa thing.   In fact, I'd say you're a fool if you're mad at NY for Villa.

If the Lampard situation has demonstrated anything its that:  1) Manchester is pulling all the strings 2) They're assholes.

Further baffling me is that you say we're overreacting for being very publicly lied to and now having one of our best players missing for a little over half our entire season (potentially) and you guys are angry about 6 games.  At least Villa showed up when he said he would and was actually loaned to your team.  That's more than NY can say about Lampard.           

Villa showed up less than a week before season kick off, gave no fucks, signed no shirts, then was recalled to NYC after 4 games to model your shiny new sky blue kit.

It baffles me how you can't see the obvious similarities between our Villa debacle and your Lampard. CFG are pulling the strings, but the pecking order is clearly Manchester 1, New York 2, Melbourne 3.

Villa showed up less than a week before season kick off, gave no fucks, signed no shirts, then was recalled to NYC after 4 games to model your shiny new sky blue kit.

It baffles me how you can't see the obvious similarities between our Villa debacle and your Lampard. CFG are pulling the strings, but the pecking order is clearly Manchester 1, New York 2, Melbourne 3.

I don't disagree with any of that but I'm convinced that #2 can't and won't do anything to #3 unless directed to do so by #1 a la Villa. 

In other words, if you guys have a player that would be good for us, we can't just pull a Lampard and tell you guys to suck it like they did to us.  They would have to have some reason to want to see one of your guys in New York.  

Honestly, unless one of your players wants to come here, I can't really imagine why we'd take one of your players otherwise.  Players of MLS quality are still pretty abundant and are relatively cheap for a machine like CFG... 

Edited by NYCFCFan10
  • Like 1

Well i was trying to allude to it, but no one picked it up (sigh) 

My advice to any  American friends who want to join this forum (and you are very welcome) is use the word "support".

see here:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rooting

yes, that's right, we think you really did say that....

I alluded to this before, but it seems to have slipped thorugh to the keeper.

You and any other American friends are very welcome, but you may want to look  at this: 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rooting

yes, that's right we think you really did say that!