Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

• 3 weeks later...

The story is pretty weak tbh. If you're after an absorbing campaign you're probably going to be disappointed. The world itself is extremely immersive but I'm about 10 hours into the game and I think I've seen three cut scenes. That's my only gripe with it.

The game play itself is actually perfect. The Strike game mode is some of the best fun I've ever had with a video game. Just running around the worlds in free roam with other people around, doing public events, looking for loot is a lot more fun than the campaign imo.

Would definitely recommend.

Destiny's getting panned by a lot of users but I personally don't mind it.

People continually get sucked into this hype about games being groundbreaking and are inevitably disappointed when they aren't the amazing life changing experiences they're built up to be (see watchdogs, Destiny,  every single FIFA in the last 5 years and in my opinion, GTA V).

I personally didn't buy into all the hype and have found that I'm actually enjoying it for what it is; A Halo-like FPS with MMO elements that is a fair bit of fun to play with mates but has a weak story/campaign mode.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 1

I played the demo, wasn't overly impressed tbh

Neither was I. 

I'm not much of a FIFA person anyway, I find the game to be too scripted in some ways (lot's of late winners, missing easy shots constantly when dominating then having the opposition blast one in from 30 yards with their first attempt etc) and generally prefer PES' game play.

Prefer Football Manager above them both though.

I played the demo, wasn't overly impressed tbh

Neither was I. 

I'm not much of a FIFA person anyway, I find the game to be too scripted in some ways (lot's of late winners, missing easy shots constantly when dominating then having the opposition blast one in from 30 yards with their first attempt etc) and generally prefer PES' game play.

Prefer Football Manager above them both though.

I'm a huge FIFA person but I just can't justify buying the new game every year as the changes are minimal and I'm more than capable of updating the squads myself, so I'm more than happy to keep trucking along with FIFA 13. 

I've always wanted to give Football Manager a try but I've been kind of scared to as I know it'll probably consume my entire life which I definitely cannot afford risking at the moment  :P

Just on your previous point on over-hyped games, I have to say I completely agree. Far too many people get caught up in the media buzz trap and as you said, inevitably get ultra disappointed when they realise the game isn't all it was made out to be (I think that's also why I've encountered a lot of disappointed PS4/Xbox One owners as the clever marketers at Sony and Microsoft managed to attract all of these consumers with only a limited library of games on offer).

But it's a shame Destiny has received the backlash that it ha, as it does look like a decent game on its own merit without being overly spectacular, but ultimately it's still Bungie's fault for creating the nonsensical hype that it did. Still made them mega $$$ though so I doubt they care too much.

I personally get hyped for the new FIFA every year even though I know it's still gonna piss me off with all the bullshit that occurs during matches.

The demo felt a bit better than 14 and they can't have major improvements cos that would require a massive change in the gameplay structure and they know people will buy the game regardless.

I'm looking forward to doing Manager Mode in the EPL as they have all the stadiums.

• Like 1

I personally get hyped for the new FIFA every year even though I know it's still gonna piss me off with all the bullshit that occurs during matches.

The demo felt a bit better than 14 and they can't have major improvements cos that would require a massive change in the gameplay structure and they know people will buy the game regardless.

I'm looking forward to doing Manager Mode in the EPL as they have all the stadiums.

I might pick it up once it reduces in price, the full licensing of the EPL including all of its stadiums was a pretty nice get, I must admit. 

I might pick it up once it reduces in price, the full licensing of the EPL including all of its stadiums was a pretty nice get, I must admit. 

I am still annoyed that they tout this as a major new feature. Its not hard to model a stadium, look what rockstar does with GTA. All of the new features in this game seem to be all cosmetic. I wish they put more time into the game play but oh well, I have still pre-ordered it haha. I played the demo and it seems to be harder to shoot and the keepers seem to be better which is always a plus. I just hope they have fixed heading because in Fifa 14 it was horrible. 

• Like 1

I was expecting more from the demo as I had purchased a ps4 especially for 15 and had also skipped 14. Having played nba2k for the last few months it absolutely kills Fifa with graphics and smoothness/realness of players movement.

Nevertheless I'll still thrash Fifa for the next 12 months.

Got FIFA 15 this afternoon. Finishing seems to be a bit more difficult. And goalkeepers are more unpredictable. Not much else has changed in terms of gameplay though IMO.

I noted how great Manager Mode in the EPL would be with every stadium and after playing a few games, it's pretty awesome.

-get fifa 15

-start career with Melbourne

-First game, Redmayne scores an own goal from a corner

-Didn't even use any commands for him

-World Class Difficulty

Legit? Yes. I uploaded here:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/196474769

You fucking shitcunt redders.

Well... FIFA 15 is already proving its realism at least

• Like 1

-get fifa 15

-start career with Melbourne

-First game, Redmayne scores an own goal from a corner

-Didn't even use any commands for him

-World Class Difficulty

Legit? Yes. I uploaded here:http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/196474769You fucking shitcunt redders.

How does Villa's contract work in it? Is it like a 6 month loan? It said in the loading screen that Melbourne bought him for $16million from Atletico Madrid haha

Ill have to see later if I can look into the contracts session under be a pro mode of he is a loanee but I don't think I can

Edited by Young Polak