Melbourne Football

Games thread

DutchPride

Yeah Im struggling big team with defending. Hate the way the opposition can walk through your defence from the tip off. 

Ive gone from regular div 1 and 2 on FIFA 13 UT, to now struggling to hold my place in div 8. 

I can't remember the last game I played where I haven't walked into a 1on1 from kickoff. Too unrealistic.

May I suggest a formation to stop that

4-1-3-2 and pop it on defensive. You'll lose the wings as an attacking outlet a bit so use a team which is a more compact. Chelsea/Milan or even man utd

I've been Parking The Bus when up by 2 goals or more, Pretty effective although impossible to score with only one of your players in the attacking half.

• Like 1

Pre ordered FIFA15 on PS4 and collected today, but still waiting on my PS4 console from Dick Smith, it's been 2 weeks :hkpalm:

Keep on them about it, they won't bother to call you up, have to call them/drop in to get anywhere.

"Can I talk to your manager"

Always worth a shot.

Players seem more expensive on UT.

I just got promoted to D7 and I have probably only played 2 or 3 teams as shit as mine lol.. There's nothing better than beating some hack that thinks buying a ton of gold packs is going to make them a FIFA pro all of a sudden tho.

Doesn't that always happen at release? Basic economic principal of supply and demand. Less packs have been opened thus less players on the market place which drives the prices up. Edited by Jimmy

Players seem more expensive on UT.

I just got promoted to D7 and I have probably only played 2 or 3 teams as shit as mine lol.. There's nothing better than beating some hack that thinks buying a ton of gold packs is going to make them a FIFA pro all of a sudden tho.

Doesn't that always happen at release? Basic economic of supply and demand. Less packs have been opened thus less players on the market place which drives the prices up.

Correct, as well as more demand due to everyone playing right after release.

Slowly putting things together in defence, since my last post complaining about how hard it is Ive lost about 2 games in the last 12 or so and have jumped 2 divisions. Although that might be due to the higher skilled players being filtered out now as theyve also moved up.

In 13 I used to cheat a little bit and let the CPU defend for me whilst I used an attacker as a spare man and fill the empty spaces or passing lanes. With the CPU being a lot dumber now you definitely cant do that anymore.

Contain seems to work the best as suggested, staying goal side of the attacker, and not using your back 4 unless its a necessity. Let the attacker come to you and spill the ball rather than being aggressive and trying to force a turnover. Ive found that manually bringing one of your attackers into a CDM position from the kick off also helps with the kick off 'glitch'. Unlike 13, Ultra Defending tactic works really well also if you're up against pace abuse Ive found. 

• Like 2

Slowly putting things together in defence, since my last post complaining about how hard it is Ive lost about 2 games in the last 12 or so and have jumped 2 divisions. Although that might be due to the higher skilled players being filtered out now as theyve also moved up.

In 13 I used to cheat a little bit and let the CPU defend for me whilst I used an attacker as a spare man and fill the empty spaces or passing lanes. With the CPU being a lot dumber now you definitely cant do that anymore.

Contain seems to work the best as suggested, staying goal side of the attacker, and not using your back 4 unless its a necessity. Let the attacker come to you and spill the ball rather than being aggressive and trying to force a turnover. Ive found that manually bringing one of your attackers into a CDM position from the kick off also helps with the kick off 'glitch'. Unlike 13, Ultra Defending tactic works really well also if you're up against pace abuse Ive found. 

4 Clean sheets in a row crew checking in  ;) . Current record online is about 20 something wins and only 2 losses, killing it now although I've got a pretty super team from some killer cheap buys (Xabi Alonso, Kroos, Higuain, Sneijder, Villa)

Edited by MaliMate

Anyone got some good suggestions for a PS3 racer game?

NFS hot pursuit still holds up well. It's more burnout than nfs tbh. Very good soundtrack too.

No split screen multiplayer is a drawback.

EDIT:I cant seem to find out whether the servers are still live for the game. I wouldn't bother if they aren't.

Edited by CJ_1337

Playing Career Mode and mid way through a season I decide to accept a random job offer from St Mirren. Proceed to win all of the last 7 games top of the weird bottom group thing they have in Scotland. Get fired for not getting a high finish which is literally impossible because I'm in the bottom group ffs

Edited by JoyfulPenguin

Finally got my PS4 console today after 6 weeks. Highly enjoyed Villa scoring 7 against WSW (on beginner). Looking forward to some long career mode sessions.

Just out of interest do you guys play career modes with powerhouses (chelsea, real madrid), championship teams, super low teams, or in the a-league.

I personally find the a league gets boring to play, and I get much more satisfaction playing with someone like Hartlepool United and gaining promotion.

• Like 1

Finally got my PS4 console today after 6 weeks. Highly enjoyed Villa scoring 7 against WSW (on beginner). Looking forward to some long career mode sessions.

Just out of interest do you guys play career modes with powerhouses (chelsea, real madrid), championship teams, super low teams, or in the a-league.

I personally find the a league gets boring to play, and I get much more satisfaction playing with someone like Hartlepool United and gaining promotion.

I play mostly a season or two in the A-League every year then try a win the Champions League with Crewe Alexandra for the rest of the year. Find playing with Powerhouse teams a bit boring tbh as you wait around every (fifa) year for one or two actually challenging games. 

• Like 1

Yep thats the go. I find it makes you a better player overall too coz you gotta learn to time through balls better and take your chances in front of goal. 

apart from the titles you posted, in a couple more weeks and the new Call of Duty is out. 

If you like 'The walking dead' then grab 'The Last of Us', One of the best games ever created. 

Destiny is all the rage, if you like a Halo type game.

Metal Gear Solid - If you liked the previous games

Wolfenstein - if you like an in-your-face type of shooter.

• Like 1

How did i forget fifa... lol

Yeah i played Last of Us recently at a mates joint, was really intriguing. 

Wolfenstein is very edgy. You'll enjoy that too. 

Keep in mind that there's 2 MGS games. One is cheaper in price but It's one long mission maybe around 4 hours worth of gameplay. The other is actually a full game with various missions and a longer story line.

Buy the two cheapest ones at a time, so by the time you're done with them, the others become cheaper too.

Most of those games aren't multiplayer, so there's no point really to spend big on them because once you finish the story, there's fuck all else to do lol