Melbourne Football

Western Sydney

LR9

Joel, believe me there's plenty of hatred. Genuine hatred. You gotta remember us Westies have been bagged our entire life for being 'dole bludging, drug fucked, criminal scum who can't afford a house" etc etc from the Eastern suburbs snobs.

There are people from Eastern Sydney who would never venture out West coz they genuinely fear for their life.

Plus if you had of seen the 'incidents' you'd now it's pretty full on. At least one chap was carted off to hospital after we marched past the Coves pub.

Sooks about being stereotyped as criminals and junkies :oops:

Next line brags about putting a Sydney fan in hospital. :droy:

Doing wonders to dispel that Westie stereotype mate :up:

Hahahahahaha

Nah, they'll want another sold out Parra so ESFC will probably get the same allocation. I think we'll be getting to the point of sniffer dogs trained for pyro/ fireworks etc at the entry to the active bays though.

It's quite amusing, a couple of Sydney newspaper journo's actually praised the flares (yeah, I know, the world must be ending) now though that the TV news ran the stories (in Sydney, 7,9 and 10 ran the stories) you'll see a change in tune back to the old negativity.

Nah, they'll want another sold out Parra so ESFC will probably get the same allocation. I think we'll be getting to the point of sniffer dogs trained for pyro/ fireworks etc at the entry to the active bays though.

It's quite amusing, a couple of Sydney newspaper journo's actually praised the flares (yeah, I know, the world must be ending) now though that the TV news ran the stories (in Sydney, 7,9 and 10 ran the stories) you'll see a change in tune back to the old negativity.

was talking about east sydney's next home derby

Oh, sorry mate. Hmm, dunno, still don't think so. We probably won't be allowed our tifo and drums etc, something petty like that. As it was they told us only 1 megaphone and 1 drum this time. We normally have like 3 or so drummers, including a big ass bass drum.

However, they'll want the numbers still so doubt they'll restrict numbers.

The SGC stafium trust are a bunch of wankers, theyre excuse not to allow more than 1 drum and 1 megaphone to the sydney derby was that it would disturb the neighbours? Hahahah what a crock of shit, never heard anything like it, pretty sure there was a coldplay concert there a couple months back.

Anything to kill the atmosphere..

In terms of derbys, melbourne derby is obviously bigger, without a shadow of a doubt. But the sydney derby will grow into something more than that, theres massive cultural divides in this city. East vs west. I can see westies joining together to go against the easts, and believe me, they have no hope ;)

It was a fantastic night.

Its a shame the egg loving media had to report of violence with flares etc etc, which is them in survival mode.. They could see the passion there, somethin not even seen in state of origin "sydney medias premier event"

Im glad ws have now been put on the map, both on and off the field!

We dominated on and off it!

:)

Very keen to sit down and watch the melbourne derby this weekend!

The SGC stafium trust are a bunch of wankers, theyre excuse not to allow more than 1 drum and 1 megaphone to the sydney derby was that it would disturb the neighbours? Hahahah what a crock of shit, never heard anything like it, pretty sure there was a coldplay concert there a couple months back.

Anything to kill the atmosphere..

In terms of derbys, melbourne derby is obviously bigger, without a shadow of a doubt. But the sydney derby will grow into something more than that, theres massive cultural divides in this city. East vs west. I can see westies joining together to go against the easts, and believe me, they have no hope ;)

It was a fantastic night.

Its a shame the egg loving media had to report of violence with flares etc etc, which is them in survival mode.. They could see the passion there, somethin not even seen in state of origin "sydney medias premier event"

Im glad ws have now been put on the map, both on and off the field!

We dominated on and off it!

:)

Very keen to sit down and watch the melbourne derby this weekend!

Is there a wanderers fourm, or do you just come here to tell us all about your team on a site made for our team? no offence meant.

Is there a wanderers fourm, or do you just come here to tell us all about your team on a site made for our team? no offence meant.

Yeah there is, www.westsydneyfootball.com

As expansion teams in Sydney and Melbourne there is a bit of synergy between us. Just like we have many people from other clubs on our forum, we look around and chinwag with other supporters as well.

If you guys don't want us here, why did you start a Western Sydney thread?

Btw, no offence taken.

Yeah there is, www.westsydneyfootball.com

As expansion teams in Sydney and Melbourne there is a bit of synergy between us. Just like we have many people from other clubs on our forum, we look around and chinwag with other supporters as well.

If you guys don't want us here, why did you start a Western Sydney thread?

Btw, no offence taken.

You do realise we also have a thread for the Mongs, that does mean we wont them lurking around here...

Was really impressed with how R&B bloc looked. Will be a great derby in the future. Fantastic for the league

Cheers, though not all the credit should go to rbb, sure they were the ones leading everything and making sure everyone sang, our secret ;-)

But its all wsw fans that got involved too..

It was great to see the cove finally outdone in their own backyard.

Mind you their british style does get volume, though our style is more consistant and chants can last for ages.

:-)

-Well I define passion as raw emotion something which i see that the Melbourne derby has less of then the Sydney derby.

-I base it on the Melbourne derby being a manufactured rivalry between "Red v Blue". Whilst the Sydney derby actually has some sort of history and cultural rivalry to it.

-Not saying Melbourne derby isn't passionate. Just saying at THIS POINT IN TIME that the Sydney derby seems to be more of a classic fixture because of the whole East vs West thing.

-Though the Melbourne derby can be bigger just needs more history behind it.

Edited by Tokyospliff

Don't worry about Melbourne derby history. Because there are three a season we already have history.

Sure we don't have the east west divide, but we do have passion in droves.

All Heart needs now is more members so that home games are predominantly red and white. In fact so that all of Melbourne is red and white.

And now for Saturday...

-Well I define passion as raw emotion something which i see that the Melbourne derby has less of then the Sydney derby.

-I base it on the Melbourne derby being a manufactured rivalry between "Red v Blue". Whilst the Sydney derby actually has some sort of history and cultural rivalry to it.

-Not saying Melbourne derby is passionate. Just saying at THIS POINT IN TIME that the Sydney derby seems to be more of a classic fixture because of the whole East vs West thing.

There have been enough incidents between the sets of fans to warrant it being passionate

• Like 1

-Not saying Melbourne derby isn't passionate. Just saying at THIS POINT IN TIME that the Sydney derby seems to be more of a classic fixture because of the whole East vs West thing.

That wasn't so hard now was it?

FWIW I agree with Malloy.

As a Sydney fan I disagree - the Melbourne derby has far more passion at the moment because it has some history. According to all at SFS on Saturday it was a great atmosphere, but when I speak to my SFC friends the general vibe is still that the whole thing feels quite forced. Sure we play along, but the feeling isn't there yet. Although if the RBB continues to insist on marching past our pub to start shit then it is sure to grow.

That wasn't so hard now was it?

FWIW I agree with Malloy.

Yer your entitled to my opinion and im entitled to mine. And don't talk down to me like i was avoiding the question. Believe it or not, some people actually have lives outside of the internet. Something that i know you cannot fathom.