Melbourne Football

Western Sydney

LR9

Yarraside's mentality means fuck all if it doesn't equate to good support for our team. Not a dig at our main guys who know what's up - but more so the people who are rocking up and not contributing. That for me is the difference between RBB and the rest of the league - there are no passengers. Everyone's involved and everyone is giving their all.

Give me wristbands, wogs with scarfs over their faces and supporter charters any day of the week for us to be capable of producing half the support RBB do for their team.

I'll also go in to bat for them re: being FFA's bitches - how would it be possible to not be so when your club is bankrolled by the league itself. I also doubt RBB's main blokes would fingerpoint anyone for anything.

Inb4 I get rammed for this by older YS guys but downplaying RBB at the moment when you're a Y-Side regular is almost too much.

Another thing to bring up is how their team performs. If MHFC had been successful in S1 perhaps we would be in a very different spot on and off the park.

Edited by marteaux
  • Like 5

Yarraside's mentality means fuck all if it doesn't equate to good support for our team. Not a dig at our main guys who know what's up - but more so the people who are rocking up and not contributing. That for me is the difference between RBB and the rest of the league - there are no passengers. Everyone's involved and everyone is giving their all.

Give me wristbands, wogs with scarfs over their faces and supporter charters any day of the week for us to be capable of producing half the support RBB do for their team.

I'll also go in to bat for them re: being FFA's bitches - how would it be possible to not be so when your club is bankrolled by the league itself. I also doubt RBB's main blokes would fingerpoint anyone for anything.

Inb4 I get rammed for this by older YS guys but downplaying RBB at the moment when you're a Y-Side regular is almost too much.

Another thing to bring up is how their team performs. If MHFC had been successful in S1 perhaps we would be in a very different spot on and off the park.

1. Have you actually ever even attended a WSW Match? :hmm:

2. Do you know how many times these RBB Main Lads have travelled Interstate this Season besides last weekend? :hmm:

3. RBB with all these supporters (Three Bays they Claim) have performed One Half decent display all season (Their Card Display) which even then was clearly out done by YSIDE:

A.) In our First Match :up:

B.) At our Xmas Derby Last Season, :up:

C.) At our Xmas Derby This Season. :up:

If you think these blokes are so great, then go join them champ as I hear its all the rage these days and TBH I reckon its a fucken joke. :droy:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Exactly,

PPL used to go on and on about what a Immediate Success the Port Adelaide Football Club was in the AFL, now they are literally on the brink of Non Existance.

Also anyone remember these guys?

(I am sure Natalie, Harry and a few others do.)

As I remember a lot of Buzz and Positive News stories about their great supporters as well...

(They were even backed strongly by the Authorites and the League like the current New Boys in Town.)

ppns01_0.jpg

Edited by cadete

2. Do you know how many times these RBB Main Lads have travelled Interstate this Season besides last weekend? :hmm:

3. RBB with all these supporters (Three Bays they Claim) have performed One Half decent display all season (Their Card Display) which even then was clearly out done by YSIDE:

If you think these blokes are so great, then go join them champ as I hear its all the rage these days and TBH I reckon its a fucken joke. :droy:

Displays are not everything, just as how rbb seems to have no passengers is not everything that makes the perfect support.

We can learn from these lads though, I cannot remember Y-side singing before a match like the RBB does, and continuing for the full 90 is rare.

They are good and shit in certain regards just as we are, that is inevitable, but if we could take what they are good at and mix it with the qualities that we have we would definitely be a better terrace.

I am just over all this West Sydney Supporter Hype/

As I said earlier I heard on the news all about how great Soccer Australia's North Sydney Supporters were when I was kid in High School in WA :hmm:

Then I remember as a College Student in Carlton reading about how in A League's Infancy how The FFA's East Sydney Supporters had the best Supporter Culture in the A League's First Season :hmm:

It does matter if its Soccer Australia or FFA, and what bloody region of Sydney (North/East or West) it all feels like I have heard this particular story from the Soccer News Outlets in this country more than once before...

Missing the point completely here m8

• Like 2

Wow. Don't know where to start.

Guy's, believe me, we aren't perfect. As much as you think we are the media darling etc, we've copped a fair bit of shit off them this year as well.

You know what fucken shits me the most though. You blokes saying wait till they have a bad trot, it's the 1st year blah fucking blah.

We've had a decent losing streak to start the season (anyone remember it). We lost 5 home games in a row as well. Plus, I actually think it's a credit we've built such decent support in our 1st year. We started rocking up to matches in pre season. Doing the rounds of the suburban grounds when we had less than half a team signed. From that day we made it clear every fucker standing in the RBB has to sing for the 90, or fuck off to the grandstands. We are still enforcing that policy.

We had the rock throwing bullshit and the Sydney United episode which basically could've killed the RBB. We copped a fucking pasting in the Sydney media. We've had nearly 20 blokes banned already.

We've had massive issues with Parra Stadium, police and secco's. It hasn't been, "here's your team, do as you please".

I actually think at times being owned by FFA has worked against us.

BTW, we don't have a fan charter, and we never will.

I ask you this though. What was your active support like in season 1? Has it improved since then, dropped off or status quo.

I've said it before. I couldn't care less if you have 50 blokes or 500. If they put the effort in you should be proud. It's not the size that makes the quality, it's the substance.

Oh, as for the bandana's over the faces, it's coz they've run out of proactive!

• Like 3

As I said earlier I heard on the news all about how great Soccer Australia's North Sydney Supporters were when I was kid in High School in WA :hmm:

Then I remember as a College Student in Carlton reading about how in A League's Infancy how The FFA's East Sydney Supporters had the best Supporter Culture in the A League's First Season :hmm:

It does matter if its Soccer Australia or FFA, and what bloody region of Sydney (North/East or West) it all feels like I have heard this particular story from the Soccer News Outlets in this country more than once before...

The only reason there is hype is because there is a reason for it. If you did what we did the media would wank over your boys in your first season... - no offence to Yarraside, but don't turn into the cove. give credit where credit is due..

how great Soccer Australia's North Sydney Supporters were when I was kid in High School in WA :hmm:

There's your credibility gone... What a stupid comment...you were in WA, as a kid. You didn't see what actually happened to the Northern Spirit's administration thank's to rangers. Now sure a bandwagon was dismantled. but hey, shit happened, there were heaps of teams in sydney and they destroyed each other for many reasons. Terrible comparison.

I respect Yarraside, hell I'm actually from melbourne, I know some guys who work for the club, play for the club and support. But for the love of god don't turn into those dickweed certain cove forumites who rag on western sydney fans simply because 'they are over the hype'.

There is hype for a reason.

• Like 1

The only reason there is hype is because there is a reason for it. If you did what we did the media would wank over your boys in your first season... - no offence to Yarraside, but don't turn into the cove. give credit where credit is due..

how great Soccer Australia's North Sydney Supporters were when I was kid in High School in WA :hmm:

There's your credibility gone... What a stupid comment...you were in WA, as a kid. You didn't see what actually happened to the Northern Spirit's administration thank's to rangers. Now sure a bandwagon was dismantled. but hey, shit happened, there were heaps of teams in sydney and they destroyed each other for many reasons. Terrible comparison.

I respect Yarraside, hell I'm actually from melbourne, I know some guys who work for the club, play for the club and support. But for the love of god don't turn into those dickweed certain cove forumites who rag on western sydney fans simply because 'they are over the hype'.

There is hype for a reason.

I was seventeen mate when Rangers came into the North Sydney Setup, and I know all about what happened to the Spirit. :up:

(You would think my Username might be a slight give away on my Old Firm Knowledge)

Also believe or not by we had TV and even the Internet back then in WA. :up:

Edited by cadete

depends what your definition of 'better' is.

things can always be improved, but i don't know that we necessarily need what they are 'good at'

Even though I have not been to a Western Sydney match, they get G.A to sing much better than we do, and despite it being a personal judgement I think they sing for longer and better than we do as a whole

Personally, that video is a fucken disgrace. I can't stand these pricks who say they are 'taking over' and have maps of Australia in Lebo colours.

This is one thing that really gets me fired up.

They can fuck off, coz that is not RBB. RBB is about everyone being together, from all backgrounds, but we are still Aussie.

Our latest chant is....

"these colours unite us all...

All the places we're from..."

That video makes me angry.

Do not stereotype us because it only makes you look fukn stupid.

I'm sure we could drag video's up re. Melbourne portraying similar crap.

However,TokyoSpoof, we have better things to do.

Edited by Benched

Personally, that video is a fucken disgrace. I can't stand these pricks who say they are 'taking over' and have maps of Australia in Lebo colours.

They can fuck off, coz that is not RBB. RBB is about everyone being together, from all backgrounds, but we are still Aussie.

Our latest chant is....

Jezz have a womans whinge why don't you. It's just a joke mate get over yourself.

Edited by Tokyospliff

Our latest chant is....

Jezz have a womans whinge why don't you. It's just a joke mate get over yourself.

It's not a very good joke!

Our latest chant is....

I laughed.

Our latest chant is....

I laughed.

So you're both racist cunts!

Our latest chant is....

I laughed.

So you're both racist cunts!

Nope.