Melbourne Football

Rd. 18 - Sat. 9th February 2019 vs. Adelaide, AAMI, 7.50 pm.

jw1739

22 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Doesn't matter what players we have, Joyce is a shit coach.

Fuck him, and his shit tactics.

I've got to give him something, during the first half we were the odd combination of disorganised but totally predictable. I'm not sure many coaches could achieve that

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

And just a comparison...the crowd at tonight's match is over 25,000. People vote with their feet.

I bet that it was an exciting game

40 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Where is that guy that drove for a 20k crowd? Poor guy wanted to do something positive for the club but try as you might we will never achieve this with Wazza as manager.

it would take a miracle to reach those heights, if anyone has followed the HAL long enough they'll remember teams like CCM, Roar, and Jets boasting crowds over 10, 15k fews seasons ago

so have we but our club is dying, and Wazza is helping, neither is CFG 

wonder how different it would be if we wouldve stayed with heart 

19 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Pretty much the same minus the facilities the girls and youth.

The only solace I cling to that one day soon CFG will finally change tack and re align the club direction so that we could finally experience some success. 

My fear is that it won't be until the 30s.

Edited by Jovan

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Pretty much the same minus the facilities the girls and youth.

The only solace I cling to that one day soon CFG will finally change tack and re align the club direction so that we could finally experience some success. 

My fear is that it won't be until the 30s.

passion, they are some who have stopped supporting this club after CFG took over.. and I don't blame them one bit

1 hour ago, Afif Adam said:

We'd still be in red and white, we'd still be Heart, we would have a women's team and a youth team but perhaps not as successful as City's have been, we would have had some of our own facilities but perhaps not as fancy as CFA (but we still have long-term injuries despite those "facilities), we would be no worse off as far as members and attendances, most Foundation Members would still be at AAMI Park, and we would have been independent with all the decisions being made in Bundoora. Above all, we would have still been "our club."

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We'd still be in red and white, we'd still be Heart, we would have a women's team and a youth team but perhaps not as successful as City's have been, we would have had some of our own facilities but perhaps not as fancy as CFA (but we still have long-term injuries despite those "facilities), we would be no worse off as far as members and attendances, most Foundation Members would still be at AAMI Park, and we would have been independent with all the decisions being made in Bundoora. Above all, we would have still been "our club."

The only thing that would be different is CASH. Would we have had enough to sustain the clubs running cost?

6 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

The only thing that would be different is CASH. Would we have had enough to sustain the clubs running cost?

Peter Sidwell was adamant that his consortium had more than enough resources to fund Heart indefinitely. Whether I could find that statement now, I'm not sure, but he categorically stated it.

And don't forget that there were other approaches by overseas interests to take over/invest in Heart (as there were North Queensland).

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Peter Sidwell was adamant that his consortium had more than enough resources to fund Heart indefinitely. Whether I could find that statement now, I'm not sure, but he categorically stated it.

And don't forget that there were other approaches by overseas interests to take over/invest in Heart (as there were North Queensland).

TBH I'm not sure I'd trust much that he said. It might be true but we would be as bad or worse than the Marinators.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1