Melbourne Football

Season 23/24 - Round 1 - City vs Generic United Saturday 21st Oct - 5.30 pm kickoff

MHFC-FAN

I think this loss isn't the end of the world it's made out to be. WU has a reasonable side put together actually looks better than last years and I think they may prove that during the year, seem to have got rid of their spuds like Pain, Lacroix and replaced with serviceable replacements. I think that's the problem with our team, we've retained our spud, Reis and added another spud Souprayen. I hope they bite the bullet and start playing Hall, at least he's mobile and serviceable in every game he's played. The other problem is the wings, Lopane offers nothing whilst Jakolis is Wales 2.0. I think Natel may get better whilst Leckie once fit will improve. It will be interesting to see what changes they make for Wednesday against Buriram

• Like 1

After a couple days here are my thoughts,

Thought the midfield and forward line looked fine, can see them gelling together a bit more, Jakolis end product isn't great but hoping that comes with more and more consistent games, Natel looks exciting & Arslan looks like a JWM contender.

main issue was the defence, they looked very vulnerable, even Good who has been such a consistent player didn't have the best game. Watching the post match conference Rado mentioned that the defense was not up to par so it is good that has been identified 

6 minutes ago, Zanty said:

After a couple days here are my thoughts,

Thought the midfield and forward line looked fine, can see them gelling together a bit more, Jakolis end product isn't great but hoping that comes with more and more consistent games, Natel looks exciting & Arslan looks like a JWM contender.

main issue was the defence, they looked very vulnerable, even Good who has been such a consistent player didn't have the best game. Watching the post match conference Rado mentioned that the defense was not up to par so it is good that has been identified 

So the defence isn't up to par - then don't know why he doesn't play Hall and Galloway?

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

So the defence isn't up to par - then don't know why he doesn't play Hall and Galloway?

TBH I think Talbot was pretty good against WU and Hall is a downgrade still on any of Good, Nuno and Souprayen.

Despite the penalty against Zhejiang I thought Souprayen had a good game so would like him to get a chance to start tbh.

On 22/10/2023 at 9:23 PM, Jovan said:

Man this rebuild looks very dodgy.

Defensively we look week. Good and Reis need to improve. Talbot I'm feeling is at his highest level which with decent CBs and holders is probably okay, but when they are below be looks average. Behich I think is a level up and will improve us.

Across the middle we look very poor. Ugarkovic is way below Oneil.

Sakhi I'm worried for, I'm hoping he is better. Lopane seems similar. Jakolis I think will be decent. Arslan will rip it up, but needs to be able to 90 minutes in summer conditions. 

JMAC will continue to carry us goals wise and for all his flaws he is still the greatest striker the League has seen and we are lucky to have him.

Natel worries me, and the sooner Leckie returns the better. And Antonis for me has seen his best seasons ago.

My biggest concern is on the bench, Rado for me needs to improve in nearly every aspect. 

It's going to be a long season, and the only thing that gives me hope is none of the others look very good either.

Now this is all based on yesterday's game.

Great post agree, the dislike of Jakolis is a bit ott, Lopane I hardly remember what he did, at least Jakolis attacked.

Behich has come back great from his time with the national team, he looks good.

Sakhi still looks like a DM for me, he is being played wrong, Natal looked better and it's the one thing I disagree with, I think he looks alright and has a bit of cunt about him. I'd love to see Caputo play in the centre, he plays more the false 9 in the young national team, has a good pass and control, he could gel well with Arslan who is the goat of the team.

JMac is great, but our system doesn't really suit him, he's not the most technical striker and he would probably score more if we were more a counter team for him to get in behind the defence, otherwise he is just a fox in the box.

Once Leckie comes back he will make a huge difference, he will carry us again.

• Like 2