Rd: 16 City vs Wellington 25th @ 19:30

MHFC-FAN

I think we'll go with:

Sorenson

Franjic Hughes Kisnorbo Zullo

Paartalu Caceres

Mooy

Fitzgerald Bruno Harry

Caceres isn't really a winger- not that Mauk entirely was either, but Caceres' value is in his playmaking ability. He's a quality central midfielder- one of the best in the league, and that's where I think he will slot in. Will be interesting to see if he plays next to Paartalu, or Paartalu is the sole holding midfielder ( and stays deep) while Mooy and Caceres play in front of him. There's also the potential that we play 3-5-2 and Fitzgerald drops out for Malik to play in the back 3.  Both pretty darn good sides!!!

Sorenson

Malik Kisnorbo Hughes

Franjic         Paartalu           Zullo

Mooy          Caceres

Harry   Bruno

8 hours ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

I don't mind 3-5-2 as a plan B but I will be disappointed to see us persist with it, especially against teams who play 4-3-3. I have attached a couple of pages from Jonathan Wilson's book Inverting the Pyramid which has a part called the decline of 3-5-2. Most teams today play 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 is not effective against it due to 3 centre backs marking 1 centre forward. Also if the wingers in a 4-3-3 play high up the park and force the wingbacks to sit back it becomes 5-3-2.

The other example shows 3-5-2 being very effective against 4-4-2.

3-5-2 can be effective but if the opposition coach knows what he is doing it can be exploited.

decline of 3-5-2.JPG

finland vs yugoslavia.JPG

Such a fucking good book