Melbourne Football

AFL 2014 Season

toogood18

what a fkn win.

Was coming for the last few weeks tbh.

And even though if was absoloutely blind when I posted that I was srs about it being (10000% srs)

Claimed to be a die hard bomber fan and that it was killing me not knowing and he said "look mate, were suppose to keep quiet, but it will all come out soon enough, and while the boys are still hoping for a miracle i honestly can't see it going any other way, so to answer your question mate, I'm sorry, but yes we will lose them"

• Like 1

Still don't know how there's so many fans of the scray here.. but I love it.

Because its a disease and sadly there is no cure.

Also because of this amazing specimen....

FOOTSCRAY(1).JPG

THE TURTLE!!!!!!!

Freakshow... being a younger man I only got to really see and remember the twilight years where he still did some real good stuff... but looking at old footage (ie that left foot snap against the bombers 2000) and the statistics its not hard to see why he was every member in my family's favourite player.

Still don't know how there's so many fans of the scray here.. but I love it.

Because its a disease and sadly there is no cure.

Also because of this amazing specimen....

FOOTSCRAY(1).JPG

THE TURTLE!!!!!!!

Freakshow... being a younger man I only got to really see and remember the twilight years where he still did some real good stuff... but looking at old footage (ie that left foot snap against the bombers 2000) and the statistics its not hard to see why he was every member in my family's favourite player.

BH real reason for following the Doggies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCvoThFacDQ

Is that Lachie Hunter's old man?

A few of my mates went to school with him.

:droy:

Sorry for not knowing a footy player for a club I dont support who probably retired before I was born.

Jog on. 

You've got to play minimum a tonne of games for the club to qualify. Some would argue Kingsley didn't play more than a handful. 

Fair play to you though you saw your opportunity to name drop and took it  ;)

• Like 1

Is that Lachie Hunter's old man?

A few of my mates went to school with him.

:droy:

Sorry for not knowing a footy player for a club I dont support who probably retired before I was born.

Jog on. 

Google really isn't your friend is it? He stopped playing in 2003 so I hope you were born. Not ragging on you for not knowing a Doggies hack from the early 2000's I do however think you should start delving into some more footy history. Very interesting stuff and is what makes for integral banter, ribbing, story telling and winning trivia comps at sportsman's nights. :up:

• Like 2

Chris Grant was amazing, still remember his goal against Essendon on the Siren is the early 2000s

Anyway, what's everyone's take on the Dean Robinson interview? Seems like his trying to throw Hird further under the bus more than he already is.

Edited by sikre

Anyway, what's everyone's take on the Dean Robinson interview? Seems like his trying to throw Hird further under the bus more than he already is.

Interesting interview to say the least. I think that the fact David Zaharakis did not take part in any injection / supplement program is particuarly noteworthy - demonstrates that there was a reasonable ability for the players to identify that all was not legal and innocent...

Will observe the fallout with interest.

Interesting interview to say the least. I think that the fact David Zaharakis did not take part in any injection / supplement program is particuarly noteworthy - demonstrates that there was a reasonable ability for the players to identify that all was not legal and innocent...

Will observe the fallout with interest. Zaharakis has a needle phobia. Not that interesting or noteworthy tbh.

Edited by MaliMate

fucking sick of it... either fine some cunt or fuck off... hate the media blow up.

Zaharakis and Goddard in dream team next year :D

and maybe the 5-6 cash cows that you guys picked up at the start of the year. lol

I'm hearing the punishment won't stop us from playing finals this year regardless.

The way they portrayed Hird being Charter's mate etc. had me sort of shocked tbh. I definately don't look at Hird in the same light that I used to.

If I wasn't an Essendon supporter I would be just as vicious on Hird & the club as what everyone else is but yeah obviously bias. Real tough watching that shit last night. Hird is a cunt of a human tbh.

• Like 1

I'm not an essendon supporter.. i just hate the whole inflation of the story... Triple M this morning was all about it on the drive in... had to change to another radio station.

Every fucking news station and newspaper have their own story to tell. and most of the time it just rewords and repeats what ever was said the day before.

I'm not even angry at the club man, i understand that they wanted to make a splash in the league. I just hate the whole situation with the news being all about it. lol

I'm just so fucking over it.

fucking sick of it... either fine some cunt or fuck off... hate the media blow up.

and maybe the 5-6 cash cows that you guys picked up at the start of the year. lol

I'm hearing the punishment won't stop us from playing finals this year regardless.

You might be right. But I'd suspect that heavy fines and draft pick sanctions may hurt your club a lot longer then just this september. Just ask any Carlton supporter.

You might be right. But I'd suspect that heavy fines and draft pick sanctions may hurt your club a lot longer then just this september. Just ask any Carlton supporter.

i can vouch for this... lol

Will observe the fallout with interest. Zaharakis has a needle phobia. Not that interesting or noteworthy tbh.

Makes sense.

Chris Grant was amazing, still remember his goal against Essendon on the Siren is the early 2000s

I took away mate that Robinson is a bitter old cunt. thats was about it tbh. If he was serious about helping with the investigation he would've sat down with ASADA for an interview.

Instead he got payed out the ass to launch a personal attack against hird. I hope essendon sue him so much he has to make his kids wear cardboard boxes as clothes to school. #standbyhird

I took away mate that Robinson is a bitter old cunt. thats was about it tbh. If he was serious about helping with the investigation he would've sat down with ASADA for an interview.

Instead he got payed out the ass to launch a personal attack against hird. I hope essendon sue him so much he has to make his kids wear cardboard boxes as clothes to school. #standbyhird :droy:

Instead he got payed out the ass to launch a personal attack against hird. I hope essendon sue him so much he has to make his kids wear cardboard boxes as clothes to school. #standbyhird

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh wait you're serious

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA

I heard Cam Mooney on SEN today. Like him or not, he tells it straight(fact).

He said his dealings with Robinson considered, he has no doubt that Robinson is telling the truth or is telling what he believes is the truth. Can't see him lying on national TV. He's not a Dank/charter type character. He's a Fitness/Strength&conditoning guy who is very professional but not smart enough to run a whole department.

TBH I think thats a fair assessment.

Yeah not one of your best posts Kingofhearts

Ah well. venting out some frustration over the most overblown Australian sports media story ever. Just wish it was over, even if we do lose points....

You see the difference between Carlton and Carlton supporters and Essendon and Essendon Supporters...

Is that at least at Carlton they admit they are kents and they are proud of being kents.:up:

You lot make out you're not. :droy:

• Like 1

Instead he got payed out the ass to launch a personal attack against hird. I hope essendon sue him so much he has to make his kids wear cardboard boxes as clothes to school. #standbyhird He did have an interview with ASADA, what makes you think he didn't?

Edited by Pokensmoke

Instead he got payed out the ass to launch a personal attack against hird. I hope essendon sue him so much he has to make his kids wear cardboard boxes as clothes to school. #standbyhird He did have an interview with ASADA, what makes you think he didn't?

I thought that everybody that had an interview with ASADA was sworn to secrecy until the investigation was over, i didn't know till later that it was more or less a gentleman's agreement between ASADA and essendon that no one would speak of the investigation until it was complete. 

Instead he got payed out the ass to launch a personal attack against hird. I hope essendon sue him so much he has to make his kids wear cardboard boxes as clothes to school. #standbyhirdHe did have an interview with ASADA, what makes you think he didn't?

I thought that everybody that had an interview with ASADA was sworn to secrecy until the investigation was over, i didn't know till later that it was more or less a gentleman's agreement between ASADA and essendon that no one would speak of the investigation until it was complete.

Tbh I was shocked as well that the AFL and ASADA would allow him to do this interview, especially so close to the findings. Everything he said in the interview matched up to his statements to ASADA.

• Like 1