Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

My Prefect Scenario This Window.

-Get Rid of Williams 

-Use the remaining cap space to sign Troisi or Wilkinson 

-Use the guest player spot to sign a quality CDM (to be moved onto marquee wages next season)  to sure up the 3 CBs in our 3—5—2 formation. 

-Sign on atleast one injury replacement to add some depth 

4 minutes ago, haz said:

-Get Rid of Williams 

-Use the guest player spot to sign a quality CDM (to be moved onto marquee wages next season)  to sure up the 3 CBs in our 3—5—2 formation. 

Add to that releasing Koren and using his Visa spot on a Gameiro injury replacement

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, haz said:

2 minutes ago, illeatyourheart said:

Add to that releasing Koren and using his Visa spot on a Gameiro injury replacement

How could I forget that.... 

-Deport Koren and inform WADA that he played for Essendon in 2012

-Get Rid of Williams 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, rass said:

Spotted that too. Not sure if we're a real chance or just our name being thrown up for any potential move, given how desirable a destination we must seem now.

I genuinely feel we'd be the most attractive team to sign for in the A League. However, from now on our cap will always be extreamly tight but the fact we can offer such good signing on fees and bonuses will help us. I just don't see how we could fit Troisi in the salary cap, he's a very good player but i'd like to see us get in a marquee (unless Koren goes and we get special permission from the FFA we wouldn't even be able to sign him as a marquee regardless) with a bigger reputation, will really help get bums on seats and get us new fans which has to be considered.

Do any clubs in the league still have free marquee spots, If so it'd put them front runners for Troisi.

I know how injury prone Vidic is but if he can stay fit for 14 games I'd love to have him as a guest player.

Hopefully some of these rumours come to fruition.

This is probably the most important month in our history? The title is literally there for the taking, so many teams at a very similar level. If we can be creative/resourceful/determined we can set ourselves up.

And that is the best thing we can do to bring over fans for the long term = ultimate success! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CityHeart said:

Hopefully some of these rumours come to fruition.

This is probably the most important month in our history? The title is literally there for the taking, so many teams at a very similar level. If we can be creative/resourceful/determined we can set ourselves up.

And that is the best thing we can do to bring over fans for the long term = ultimate success! 

Agree - this month is huge for us.

I want Troisi & Wilkinson as replacements for Scorey/Chappy please.

City deal not yet done: Caceres's agent

January 13, 2016 - 6:50 PM 
Source: AAP
Author: Laine Clark

A stunning move to Manchester City is yet to be finalised for disillusioned Central Coast midfielder Anthony Caceres, his manager says.

Tony Rallis has adopted a wait-and-see approach to the deal after dismissing reports that claimed the English Premier League giants had already snapped up Caceres.

Rallis admitted it was too difficult to call when the deal would be done, saying it was "out of our control".

"What I will say is the two clubs are talking and we need to leave it in their jurisdiction," he told AAP.

"We have to wait and see if those two clubs can come to an agreement."

A report emerged that Caceres had already signed with the group that owns Manchester City and could eventually be loaned to A-League outfit Melbourne City.

The City Football Group owns Manchester City, Melbourne City and New York City FC.

Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth has been discussing terms with Manchester City, who have already snapped up ex-Brisbane star Luke Brattan this year.

Caceres has a buy-out clause however in a potential hurdle to a UK move he does not have a European passport, having Uruguayan parents.

Either way, Caceres does not look like remaining at A-League battlers the Mariners for much longer.

An unnamed J-League club were also believed to have made an offer for the 23-year-old, who appears on the outer with Central Coast coach Tony Walmsley since being dropped for the Mariners' New Year's Eve win over Wellington.

A-League clubs Sydney FC, Melbourne Victory and Western Sydney had also expressed interest.

Caceres was one of a number of players who were dropped for the drought-breaking win over Wellington.

Also among those overlooked and not sighted in A-League action since - Nick Fitzgerald - left the dead-last club on the weekend with 18 months still left on his deal.

Goalkeeper Liam Reddy and defender Eddy Bosnar have also left the Mariners this season.

The cellar-dwelling Mariners are also on the lookout for a striker after Roy O'Donovan copped an eight-match ban for head-butting Wellington's Manny Muscat.

Walmsley said after their last-round draw with Melbourne Victory that they were "in discussion" with a number of potential international recruits.

He hoped to sign an Australian striker this week with youth-team experience from the English Premier League.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/city-deal-not-yet-done-caceres-agent/tabid/91/newsid/185888/default.aspx

Why not both. Troisi as guest, Caceres as a loan/injury replacement.

Sorensen

Zullo Clisby Hughes Kisnorbo Franjic

Paartalu Mooy

Troisi

Fornaroli Novillo

Bouzanis Retre Melling Caceres Mauk

Or 

Sorensen

Zullo Kisnorbo Hughes Franjic

Paartalu

Mooy Caceres

Novillo Fornaroli Troisi

Bouzanis Clisby Retre Melling Mauk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, millm103 said:

Herald sun article stating that FFA has given us the green light to replace Koran with another marque. 

Looks like he will be released before end of the week. 

"Football Federation Australia confirmed on Wednesday that there was nothing in the rules stopping City from adding a third marquee this season, as long as there were no more than two at any given time.

Koren, 35 would be replaced by a visa star, with City pulling out of the race for Socceroo James Troisi, who is likely to join Adelaide United or Wellington Phoenix. "

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/melbourne-city-consider-releasing-maligned-marquee-robert-koren/news-story/aab79ec8d8594270de133868ca34d637

Edited by Red or Dead
  • Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic