Melbourne Football

Diego Forlan

Red or Dead

5 Dec 2014 - 2:30pm
Forlan slams team-mates and wants out of Cerezo Osaka! http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2014/12/05/forlan-slams-team-mates-and-wants-out-cerezo-osaka

He is a striker, he is quality and I'd take him in a heart-beat, even if he's 35! Let's hope we offload Williams in January and pick up this legend "under the cap"...if our new owners can look past him having played for the red side of Manchester over 10 years ago...

I'm sick of big name 30 something's being thrown around. We need a core bunch of quality players mid to late 20's that we can build a successful club on for the years to come. Not these former stars as a papered over quick fix.

That's what this year's version of Perth Glory appears to be  - a physically strong side with plenty of players in their mid to late 20s. They even managed to sign 28 years old Irish international Andy Keogh under the salary cap! There is no comparison between his quality and work rate with our current strikers.  If he was Australian there'd be plenty of calls for him to be in our Asian Cup squad.

I'm sick of big name 30 something's being thrown around. We need a core bunch of quality players mid to late 20's that we can build a successful club on for the years to come. Not these former stars as a papered over quick fix.

...and they don't even give us a quick fix.

Do any of you people listen to anybody, we DO NOT need a striker we Desperately need a left back , Diego Forlan is TOO OLD full stop

and that is why we will no doubt sign him to a 3 year deal.

The club will later explain how it happened - "well we knew we needed a player and he came up so we grabbed him.  i guess we should have looked at it closer, but we got confused and as we were too busy working on a CFG wide social media fan platform and some new caps for fashion victims we didn't have time to check the details. Anyway, we just won a prize for community work, so our season was a success"

• Like 3