Melbourne Football

RD 7 - City vs Sydney

Victards

Did anyone see Kisnorbo and Abbas get into a bit of a scrap towards the end? What happened?

Bet Abbas claimed racism

From what I remember Abbas went hard in on Mate, Kisnorbo went in to sort it out and Abbas wrapped both his arms over Kisnorbo's head.

I could be wrong though.

Abbas=Dog. Abbas was on the bench. We got a throw-in in front of their bench so when our player (Wieleart I think) went to pick up the ball from in front of their seats, as Wieleart grabbed the ball Abbas pulled him back into the seats so he retaliated...that's when Kisnorbo ran in for back up.

I can't believe Wieleart was the player shown the yellow card even though he was physically pulled back by the dog first!

The bench thing was something else and it was all wielaert ahah. I sit right behind the away bench and weilaert got the ball eventually from the sydney player but pushed him off the chair anyway

Abbas=Dog. Maybe so but he has some mongrel  :P  and I wouldn't mind if we showed some of that as well. I can think of Behich who bled for the team and showed fighting spirit. Would have him back TBH.

• Like 1

Did anyone see Kisnorbo and Abbas get into a bit of a scrap towards the end? What happened?

Bet Abbas claimed racism

From what I remember Abbas went hard in on Mate, Kisnorbo went in to sort it out and Abbas wrapped both his arms over Kisnorbo's head.

I could be wrong though.

Abbas=Dog. Abbas was on the bench. We got a throw-in in front of their bench so when our player (Wieleart I think) went to pick up the ball from in front of their seats, as Wieleart grabbed the ball Abbas pulled him back into the seats so he retaliated...that's when Kisnorbo ran in for back up.

I can't believe Wieleart was the player shown the yellow card even though he was physically pulled back by the dog first!

The bench thing was something else and it was all wielaert ahah. I sit right behind the away bench and weilaert got the ball eventually from the sydney player but pushed him off the chair anyway

Wieleart pushed him off the chair in retaliation to Abbas grabbing his arm as he was picking up the ball. Then Abbas went all "I kill you" on him! haha

Looking back at the game, what I found most disappointing was the way we started the game. Was expecting us to take the game to Sydney and show them that they were in for a game. Instead it looked like we were still suffering from throwiing the game away against CCM.

Although we were better in the 2nd half, I never had confidence we would score. After the second goal I jumped in the shower thinking game over only to find out we did score.

What the game told me is that none of the back four can improve this team. Although I thought Redmayne was at fault for the goal along with Ramsay. I did think he at least made a couple of quality saves that kept us in the game. So it is possible he would be better with a proper defence in front of him.

Now I believe that JVS must make changes to the defence. And the two I would bring in are Chapman (apparently played well in the NYL against Victory), so hopefully he is recovered and ready to play. Then I would replace Ramsay with King or Petreski.

We just can't keep the same players in the team hoping they will come good.

Edited by silva10
  • Like 2

Have thought this about weilart for a long time. He and kisnorbo are a poisonous combination. I haven't seen either king (who it seems we have been reluctant to play as a lb) or petrevski so can't comment on them. Worth a thought though, I'm pretty confident Ramsay and garuccio will never be great lbs

Have thought this about weilart for a long time. He and kisnorbo are a poisonous combination. I haven't seen either king (who it seems we have been reluctant to play as a lb) or petrevski so can't comment on them. Worth a thought though, I'm pretty confident Ramsay and garuccio will never be great lbs

I don't think JVS has anything to lose by bringing in a couple of younger players in the defence. I have never seen Chapman, King or Petrevski. However I have seen Wielhart and Ramsay, and thye are simply not good enough! I have my doubts Hoffman and Kisnorbo are, but I would stay with those two before the other two.

It's Phil Petreski we are talking about, not to be confused with anyone else! He's rated highly enough to have been with our youth squad for several seasons.

It's Phil Petreski we are talking about, not to be confused with anyone else! He's rated highly enough to have been with our youth squad for several seasons. Petreski is a gun in FM13

I actually prefer wielart to Kisnorbo. Much better awareness of the opposition and better distribution(excluding that back pass)

But paddy is our captain so swap wielart for archibald