Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

2 minutes ago, malloy said:

Thats the one. I cant recall seeing one of your posts without a double post deleted just before it.

Lol you wouldn't believe the number of times I'm cursing like a drunken sailor and people ask me "what's wrong?"

"Just trying to post on a football forum" I reply and I see them thinking to themselves "wow this guy must be a complete retard."

TTIM: Insect repellent. Flies have become immune. Just came back from camping. I inhaled at least 15 cans worth of Aerogard and Bushmans and everything which has probably reduced my life expectancy considerably, and did not repel a single fucking fly. There are so many of them this year holy shit.

7 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

TTIM: Insect repellent. Flies have become immune. Just came back from camping. I inhaled at least 15 cans worth of Aerogard and Bushmans and everything which has probably reduced my life expectancy considerably, and did not repel a single fucking fly. There are so many of them this year holy shit.

I thought insect repellent was more for things like Mosquitos.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

When I used to work in Tom Price/Karratha/Paraburdoo/etc I discovered that the flying insects would have aeroguard as a starter before they got started on me. Haven't bothered with it ever since.

6 hours ago, strider said:

What car is it? I drive a 330rwkw FG G6E Turbo, I'll race u 

A late Black BA2 Fairmont that came with the features of an XR6 as well as a Fairmont so they could flog them off... so obviously you would win such a race Strides.

The Scooter however has a Variatior, Mod Chip, Sport Exhaust and most importantly a 50cc Malossi Cylinder Kit and its Auto so it's nowhere near as slow as you think... in fact it's ultra quick off the line.

Edited by cadete

6 minutes ago, cadete said:

A late Black BA2 Fairmont that came with the features of an XR6 as well as a Fairmont so they could flog them off... so obviously you would win such a race Strides.

The Scooter however has a Variatior, Mod Chip, Sport Exhaust and most importantly a 50cc Malossi Cylinder Kit and its Auto so it's nowhere near as slow as you think... in fact it's ultra quick off the line.

Tickford?  I had an au XR6 Tickford Ute. Lowered at the front, sports exhaust, tinted windows. Was a sick rig.

Then I knocked up another bird so regretfully had to sell. :(

I see what you did there with describing it's acceleration

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cadete said:

15 hours ago, sheepdog said:

Tickford?  I had an au XR6 Tickford Ute. Lowered at the front, sports exhaust, tinted windows. Was a sick rig.

Then I knocked up another bird so regretfully had to sell. :(

I see what you did there with describing it's acceleration

Nah, Tickford ended before the BA's... but for some reason it came with Tickford Rims but it is also tinted and is lowered as well, my point is that its a better car than what most of lads from the Match drive he like to pay me out for the Scooter.

I am not saying the Scooter is really fast over long distances or anything, but PPL dont often realise when it comes to Bikes/Scooters that if they are Automatic then Scooters can take off faster than a lot bikes as they have to go through their gears... ESP if the Scooters have been kitted and dont weigh much. (For example mine will easily beat a Harley of the line.)

There is a Scooter called a Gilera Runner which they unfortunately dont sell in Australia anymore and even without a Malossi or a Polini CC Kit they take off at insane speeds and will beat most motorbikes, but with a kit almost no bikes going to get close to beating them of the line for a few hundred metres hence they are very popular in Italian Cities.

Edited by cadete

1 minute ago, cadete said:

Nah, Tickford ended before the BA's... but for some reason it came with Tickford Rims but it is tinted and is lowered as well.

I am not saying the Scooter is really fast over long distances or anything, but PPL dont often realise when it comes to Bikes/Scooters that if they are Automatic then Scooters can take off faster than a lot bikes as they have to go through the gears... ESP if the Scooters have been kitted and dont weigh much.

There is a Scooter called a Gilera Runner which they unfortunately dont sell in Australia anymore and even without a Malossi or a Polini CC Kit they take off at insane speeds and will beat most motorbikes, but with a kit almost no bikes going to get close to beating them of the line for a few hundred metres hence they are very popular in Italian Cities.

Your scooter vs my Yamaha r6? 

1 minute ago, cadete said:

In all seriousness why does some who owns a Turbo Charged Late Model Ford and a Yamaha r6 spend all his time trying to deliberately annoy PPL on what has become a very dull and boring Soccer Forum?

Wow ok are you reading this @Tesla?

Mod me pls unlike det I actually love this forum. This forum is my life

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

TTIM: Det using "of" in his posts when he actually means "off". Which would be fine except he only does it 50% of the time so it really wigs me out.

I really am so sick of these posts over the years...

FWIW I can now confirm that I have rare form of dyslexia (Which has only been diagnosed finally very very recently) which is rather annoying as it means that all that I went throughout my schooling and University without it being taken account without the extra assistance I will now receive if I go back and do something Post Grad.

Regardless I still managed to graduate with the degree I wanted from the University and College I had wanted to attend since childhood.

Edited by cadete

8 minutes ago, cadete said:

FWIW I can now confirm that I have rare form of dyslexia (Which has only been diagnosed finally very very recently) which is rather annoying as it means that all that I went throughout my schooling and University without it being taken account without the extra assistance I will now receive if I go back and do something Post Grad.

Regardless I still managed to graduate with the degree I wanted from the University and College I had wanted to attend since childhood.

Det don't let @Jimmy rustle your... Jimmies. I love you

18 minutes ago, cadete said:

I sometimes think I have a weird form of dyslexia as well. I always leave out conjunctions when writing and despite knowing the correct use of words like then, than, there, their etc. I often use the wrong one. Not sure if it's because I'm actually dyslexic or if I'm just absent minded while typing. What's the path to diagnosis anyway? I'd be interested to go get checked out. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I sometimes think I have a weird form of dyslexia as well. I always leave out conjunctions when writing and despite knowing the correct use of words like then, than, there, their etc. I often use the wrong one. Not sure if it's because I'm actually dyslexic or if I'm just absent minded while typing. What's the path to diagnosis anyway? I'd be interested to go get checked out. 

Over the past 15 years they have worked out there is like fifty or so different forms of dyslexia... not just the most common and well known form.

So when I was tested back in Junior School I was told I did not have it and just to work harder as my marks weren't bad its just the teachers could see I had more potential as a student and my parents placed a pretty big emphasis on mine and my sibling's educations.

To be tested you have to do a number of different tests at a testing centre which unfortunately is rather expensive due to the equipment and time it takes for one to be analysed, the most well known place that does it in Melbourne is in East Malvern.  

Edited by cadete

26 minutes ago, sheepdog said:

Hmmmm, I'm a tad sceptical there.

You say you're dyslexic, others would say you can't spell or comprehend certain grammar forms.

Like a fat cunt saying they have an eating disorder, others would say no, you're just a fat cunt. 

I dont mind if you are sceptical... or what "others" will say about the diagnosis but I will go with the professional opinion I have received.

Also I think you will find Eating Disorders can be a lot more complex than what the average person knows about them.

6 minutes ago, cadete said:

I dont mind if you are sceptical... or what "others" will say about the diagnosis but I will go with the professional opinion I have received.

Also I think you will find Eating Disorders can be a lot more complex than what the average person knows about them.

Yeh no doubt about it.

I could also say that depression and anxiety are real, while others would say toughen up and get over it you fucking pussy.

I'm sure there are other examples, it's human nature to have differing views. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm more saying I would like to see these results/facts before I could be convinced. 

8 minutes ago, sheepdog said:

Yeh no doubt about it.

I could also say that depression and anxiety are real, while others would say toughen up and get over it you fucking pussy.

I'm sure there are other examples, it's human nature to have differing views. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm more saying I would like to see these results/facts before I could be convinced. 

I dont see why anybody needs convincing just because a professional has given a name for something. Theres a reason for for everything on why people do the things they do, some have names for them and some dont. 

• Like 1

TTIM: The fact that Lion Nathan wants to crack Victoria so we mainly get Pubs in Melbourne with Boags on Tap...

However Carlton wants to crack the NSW and QLD Markets so they get Pubs with mainly CD and VB on Tap, every single place I walked to in Noosa had VB on Tap... why can't we just keep shit simple and we drink our beer and they can drink their beer.

NOTE: I realise someone will tell me Boags is from Tassie, but the shit was only created by Lion Nathan when they brought up a fuckload of Pubs/Sporting Event Licenses and tried to sell everyone Tooheys New and failed miserably.

In fact some places in Carlton ended up doing $1 pot nights to College Students to get rid of it,  so they then created Boags Draught (As opposed to Boags Premium) as their Tap/Sporting Event beer to flog off to Vics instead of the untouchable Tooheys New.

Edited by cadete