Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

Honestly Ireland has done enough to be given test status right now, rather than go through the whole BS process laid out so they may become one years from now. Can see them outperforming Bangladesh and Zimbabwe in no time.

England scared of losing good players to Ireland is the problem I reckon, if Ireland was a test nation I doubt England's captain would be playing for England.

Cricket will never get anywhere until the ICC is gone, it's an organisation that serves it's full members rather than serves the sport.

Edited by Tesla

Honestly Ireland has done enough to be given test status right now, rather than go through the whole BS process laid out so they may become one years from now. Can see them outperforming

England scared of losing good players to Ireland is the problem I reckon, if Ireland was a test nation I doubt England's captain would be playing for England.

Cricket will never get anywhere until the ICC is gone, it's an organisation that serves it's full members rather than serves the sport.

I obviously agree with the above comment... but lets not forget that it is made about every Governing Body in World Sport.

Honestly Ireland has done enough to be given test status right now, rather than go through the whole BS process laid out so they may become one years from now. Can see them outperforming

I obviously agree with the above comment... but lets not forget that it is made about every Governing Body in World Sport.

It's very different when you have 3 different classes of members, and a group that makes up less than 10% of the members (10 full members from 106 members) are in charge. Plus it's generally accepted that it's the 'big 3' that are actually in control rather than even the 10 full members.

It's very different when you have 3 different classes of members, and a group that makes up less than 10% of the members (10 full members from 106 members) are in charge. Plus it's generally accepted that it's the 'big 3' that are actually in control rather than even the 10 full members.

Yeah I know you are right...

But as far as I am concerned the concept of 20/20 fucked up cricket more than the ICC as I went from taking International One Day Results seriously to not giving a real fuck about any type of Cricket except the highest grade of Test Cricket... and even then I only really care if its the Ashes because of how much I hate England.

In the Early 2000's all my mates and I would dismiss the girls to gather around the TV at House Parties to watch the last ten overs of Day/Nighters from over east between the Aussies and NZ and we actually seriously cared about beating the bloody Kiwi's as well.

Edit - Most all the game was never the same once the Windies died and then Warney retired.

Edited by cadete

(But agree that the format could be done better, needs less teams)

I'd say it could do with two more teams.  Have 4 teams per group, play each team within the group and take the top 2 from each group into the quarter finals.  Much fewer games BUT... the big teams don't want to risk getting knocked out in the group stage so that won't happen. World crickets not deep enough atm for two more teams.Bangledesh and Ireland are the only two other minnows worthy of playing in the cup atm.

What? Bangladesh is a test nation, and if it wasn't for the WC we wouldn't know how good teams like Ireland are. Scotland and Afghanistan both have shown they aren't easy beats either. Evan UAE haven't been that bad.

Outside of beating a lowly west indies outfit, they have not won a test series against anyone else. I still consider them minnows allow with Ireland however i agree Ireland have proven enough now to be given test status.

The other teams that have competed have been alright but outside of Ireland could you guarantee any of those teams will be back for the next world cup? I like the idea personally of including more minnow teams in the 20/20 world cup and doing a similar system like they do with the rugby 7's. Try and generate more interest in the shorter form of the game, then hopefully that interest will generate greater participation in minnow countries leading to better players and eventually that will branch out to the longer versions of the game.

It just seems the group stage of this world cup has been going on for a lot longer then needs be.

TTIM: the paleo diet. We get it Pete Evans you wanna eat shit bland food, fuck off trying to ram it down cunts throats.

Extreme diets like this piss me off in general.

Want to be healthier? Exercise a little more and eat a little healthier. You don't have to give up everything to get a change in weight.

• Like 2

TBH havent really paid attention to this shit, but he's a chef, not a nutritionist, so not sure why you'd feed your infant some shit he has written in his book any way.

Can't say i'm an expert, but the idea of a baby paleo diet seems to go against the whole point of paleo which is to eat a more natural diet, and I cant think of anything more natural for a baby than human breast milk, not whatever retarded shit is in this book.

FWIW, always knew this cunt was a fuckwit.

TTIM: First year law kids who take it way too seriously.

Doesn't change after first year mate i can promise you that.

Your "Grade A Wanker Law Student" is often a First Year Law Student who transferred after doing a year or two of Arts, I was offered to take a such a place (Because everyone in Arts that year who got a bit better than retard marks at the time seem  due a massive drop out rate the year prior) in Second Year but I turned it down because Law never appealed to me.

But I used to have to do my History/Politics Exams in the same room as the Law Students back in the day at UWA in Perth and the way the "Arts turned Law Girls" I knew use to compete in a battle to prove who was the most stressed before the exams was fucken beyond a joke... especially considering half of them were dumb as fuck.

So what I would usually do is when my Two Hour Exam finished and they had another hour to go I would make sure to leave as loudly as possible - Once I actually deliberately dropped my chair. The best time was when I was able to store a killer long fart and let it go as I walked past stuck Law Students on the way out. 

Edited by cadete

a battle to prove who was the most stressed before the exams was fucken beyond a joke... especially considering half of them were dumb as fuck.

This could not be more true of law students. I work 9-5 every day and am doing a JD most of these girls haven't worked a day in their life and always go on about how much time they spend studying and how late they were up the night before. Shits me to tears. Law isn't hard, its not as if its medicine. I studied harder doing my arts degree and get better marks in Law.

The other thing that irks me about studying law is the constant one-up competition of who has drunk the most coffee that day.

Doesn't change after first year mate i can promise you that.

Your "Grade A Wanker Law Student" is often a First Year Law Student who transferred after doing a year or two of Arts, I was offered to take a such a place (Because everyone in Arts that year who got a bit better than retard marks at the time seem due a massive drop out rate the year prior) in Second Year but I turned it down because Law never appealed to me.

But I used to have to do my History/Politics Exams in the same room as the Law Students back in the day at UWA in Perth and the way the "Arts turned Law Girls" I knew use to compete in a battle to prove who was the most stressed before the exams was fucken beyond a joke... especially considering half of them were dumb as fuck.

So what I would usually do is when my Two Hour Exam finished and they had another hour to go I would make sure to leave as loudly as possible - Once I actually deliberately dropped my chair. The best time was when I was able to store a killer long fart and let it go as I walked past stuck Law Students on the way out.

What led me to the original post are those handful of students who, despite only being a couple of weeks into the theory, believe they have already got their degree.

It's worse that these cunts are vocal in the lecture, and waste countless time debating with the lecturer over the most basic entry level material. If you struggle to understand the premise of offer and acceptance, you're a fucking retard and have no hope.

Doesn't change after first year mate i can promise you that. Your "Grade A Wanker Law Student" is often a First Year Law Student who transferred after doing a year or two of Arts, I was offered to take a such a place (Because everyone in Arts that year who got a bit better than retard marks at the time seem due a massive drop out rate the year prior) in Second Year but I turned it down because Law never appealed to me.

What led me to the original post are those handful of students who, despite only being a couple of weeks into the theory, believe they have already got their degree.

It's worse that these cunts are vocal in the lecture, and waste countless time debating with the lecturer over the most basic entry level material. If you struggle to understand the premise of offer and acceptance, you're a fucking retard and have no hope.

You'll always get two or three of these in every lecture no matter what the subject. More than often they're mature age students. 

Doesn't change after first year mate i can promise you that. Your "Grade A Wanker Law Student" is often a First Year Law Student who transferred after doing a year or two of Arts, I was offered to take a such a place (Because everyone in Arts that year who got a bit better than retard marks at the time seem due a massive drop out rate the year prior) in Second Year but I turned it down because Law never appealed to me.

You'll always get two or three of these in every lecture no matter what the subject. More than often they're mature age students. 

Those weird Mature Agers in First Year also tended to drop off after a Semester or two I find.

What I used to hate at all three Uni's I attended (But particularly when I was a La Trobe) was the amount douchebags running around Uni in the first few weeks making everything from getting a car park to a coffee impossible.

Basicly you had a whole bunch of PPL (Almost all Blokes) clogging up the place who were doing usually particular science based subjects because the Enter Scores were really low because the departments were desperate just to get students to make up numbers as they courses were relatively important fields of study.

Then by week five or six these people would basically all vanish because if you don't study with these Subjects then you can't keep up (By this I mean you cant bullshit Chemistry like the way can with say with a subject like Journalism if you have a bit of General Knowledge). Then annoyingly come week one of Semester Two they would all come back and do it all over again.

I felt saying to some of these guys... just start your Personal Trainer course now and let me buy my fucken Dim Sims without having to line up for five minutes. I also think a lot of these PPL's parents were probably playing a big role in them doing into these courses they had no real interest in and they should of just accept that not everybody's kid has to go to University to find a decent job and make a decent wage.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

The 'Melbourne Model' has to be the most genius thing any university in Australia has done, sold so many Arts degree to people who thought they'd end up doing Law after it.

Dont understand why every cunt that goes into Arts thinks they're smart enough to do Law, I'd bet money that the average student in a commerce or science course would do better in Law than the average Arts student. Still need that analytical thinking ability. Would love to see the numbers of how many Melbourne Uni Arts students go into the course thinking they'll do a Melbourne Uni JD afterwards, and how many actually end up doing it.

The main reason Arts gets so much crap as the 'unemployment degree' is because people have unrealistic expectations about getting into Law, and because of the general mentality of an Arts student, more than the degree. Plenty of good careers and graduate programs that dont even really care what degree you did and are more interested in how your resume in general stacks up. I'd dare say the average student in commerce is thinking about building their resume more than the average student in Arts, and that's where a lot of the difference comes from.

And in case someone is wondering, the reason I choose to compare Arts and Commerce is because they're both bludge degree with plenty of spare time, unlike Science and Engineering.

University education is supposed to be about intellectual development, not part of a standard recipe for "getting a particular job."

Perhaps in an ideal world.

No still in this world... as far as I am concerned you can not call yourself an Academic if you don't do Research.

Universities should be about Research just as much as they are about getting churning out Commerce Degrees for PPL who purely want to use University as a vehicle to make the Big Bucks. (This is one of the Federal Government's current problems with their ideas on Higher Education).

And FWIW I can know of easily over 50 PPL who have gone on from Arts at Melbourne to then study Law... in the old and new system.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

University education is supposed to be about intellectual development, not part of a standard recipe for "getting a particular job."

No still in this world... as far as I am concerned you can not call yourself an Academic if you don't do Research.

Universities should be about Research just as much as they are about getting churning out Commerce Degrees for PPL who purely want to use University as a vehicle to make the Big Bucks. (This is one of the Federal Government's current problems with their ideas on Higher Education).

And FWIW I can know of easily over 50 PPL who have gone on from Arts at Melbourne to then study Law... in the old and new system.

Well yes, but the amount of people that end up doing research as a proportion of people who have attended university would be small, I'm sure you'd probably have a better idea of the number than myself.

Perhaps in an ideal world. No still in this world... as far as I am concerned you can not call yourself an Academic if you don't do Research.

Well yes, but the amount of people that end up doing research as a proportion of people who have attended university would be small, I'm sure you'd probably have a better idea of the number than myself.

It depends what you define as research, its a sad state of affairs when PPL only value Disciplines of Study due to their relevancy in regards to employment.

Its a sad state of affairs when the amount of public out there don't understand the 500 year tradition concept of a University as a Centre of Broad Learning and just look upon University as Training Centres. Its for this reason I actually support the Melbourne system (As in the American System) because it gives students a much greater understanding of the world before they start thinking about what Vocation that want to pursue.

Its a real problem in Australia is when you have a lot of Smaller Player Universities focusing away from broader degrees to capture people with Training Centre feelings about University with courses that have really Vocational names. These courses with really specific Design or Journalist Names for example, but the issue is these courses usually have little to no connection to the actual Industry they are specifically geared towards so when compared to the traditional Vocational Courses of Education or Nursing.

In fact half the cadetships at the major papers these days go to Award Winning Law Students instead of Journalism students anyway

Also FWIW I know three Merchant Bankers based in Sydney well and one of them did Literature at University, another did Ancient History and the third never even attended University. Then one of best mates from school is a Merchant Banker in London and his actual degree is in Nursing.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

It depends what you define as research, its a sad state of affairs when PPL only value Disciplines of Study due to their relevancy in regards to employment.

Its a sad state of affairs when the amount of public out there don't understand the 500 year tradition concept of a University as a Centre of Broad Learning and just look upon University as Training Centres. Its for this reason I actually support the Melbourne system (As in the American System) because it gives students a much greater understanding of the world before they start thinking about what Vocation that want to pursue.

Its a real problem in Australia is when you have a lot of Smaller Player Universities focusing away from broader degrees to capture people with Training Centre feelings about University with courses that have really Vocational names. These courses with really specific Design or Journalist Names for example, but the issue is these courses usually have little to no connection to the actual Industry they are specifically geared towards so when compared to the traditional Vocational Courses of Education or Nursing.

In fact half the cadetships at the major papers these days go to Award Winning Law Students instead of Journalism students anyway

Also FWIW I know three Merchant Bankers based in Sydney well and one of them did Literature at University, another did Ancient History and the third never even attended University. Then one of best mates from school is a Merchant Banker in London and his actual degree is in Nursing.

I actually completely agree with what you've said TBH.

Honestly I'm only getting an idea of what I want to do now at quite a late age compared to most, and so I certainly agree with the need for more life experience before pursuing a vocation.

And the last bit is what I was saying in my previous post that what degree you did isn't that important for most grad rograms if your cv overall is the best one.

Edited by Tesla