Melbourne Football

JvS' Departure

willo

I realise that there is a while to go before JvS departs Melbourne Heart and Australian shores (hopefully a finally or two are in store), however I thought it might be a good time to start thinking about how we as fans can thank him for his contribution in helping to set up the club and developing a culture that will no doubt stand us in good stead for (hopefully) many years ahead.

Whether it is a huge banner/s and a message from us, I guess that's up for debate. Anyway, I thought I'd put it out there and plant the seed. Especially after there has been a huge amount of discussion here on the forum regarding his replacement - who it should be, how much experience they should have, where they are from and their style.

In keeping with the club's theme, maybe it could be something like "Forever in our Heart", along with his picture.....

What do you all think?? I'm happy to chip in some $$$ towards something.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like he has died if we have that.

No worries, I understand what you mean. It's just a matter of the wording......and all i was thinking was a play on words with our club name. Personally, I'm very happy that he has been involved with the club and am pretty sure he has helped set us on the right path (along with Didulica). The main aim I guess is to say a big thank you and show our appreciation.

Edited by willo

• 3 weeks later...