Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

Thanks for your enquiry strider.

I can confirm that as FIFA16 is officially licensed by the A-League, they would be contractually obligated to have the correct kits in the game. If they had an incorrect kit they'd most likely be in breach of the licence terms they have agreed with the FFA. So I'm sure the FFA has provided them with the kits for the following season, which is probably the obligation from the FFA's end.

Why is it they get the badges wrong then?

Actually Tesla, I've never noticed an incorrect A-League one (and perhaps should have realised you were being specific to the A-League). But they've screwed up a couple of other leagues they have licenses for.  Vicenza is one that is currently some generic pic, and I recall seeing others in the past.

Actually Tesla, I've never noticed an incorrect A-League one (and perhaps should have realised you were being specific to the A-League). But they've screwed up a couple of other leagues they have licenses for.  Vicenza is one that is currently some generic pic, and I recall seeing others in the past.

I have a feeling in Italy they have to individually licence with teams for those things, irrespective of whether the league is licensed. The whole thing is pretty complex, eg to use real player names I think they just need a licence from FIFPro. But then to have real name of competitions they need a licence from the competition/league, and to have real club names and kits/badges etc it's either with the league licence if it's a league where they do collective deals like that (eg probably England, and Australia/A-league since the FFA controls it all), whereas in Italy and Spain clubs are usually able to pursue their own commercial arrangements (which is why Real and Barca are so rich cause they sell their own TV rights etc). Recently there was talk of collective TV deal in italy(and it may have started already) so they may do these sort of commercial deals collectively now as well but i'm pretty confident that up until recently at least it was all individual in Italy.

Thanks for your enquiry strider.

I can confirm that as FIFA16 is officially licensed by the A-League, they would be contractually obligated to have the correct kits in the game. If they had an incorrect kit they'd most likely be in breach of the licence terms they have agreed with the FFA. So I'm sure the FFA has provided them with the kits for the following season, which is probably the obligation from the FFA's end.

Just a yes or no would be sufficient next time :)

• Like 1

New Nike polos and hoodies coming and juniour home kits 

slINLFVl_bigger.png

1/2 @Bradley_Ower @MelbourneCity Nike official polos and hoodies are due to arrive shortly, as well as the Junior home kits for 15/16.

View conversation
0 retweets0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

• Like 1