Melbourne Football

2014/15 Nike Kits (Home, Away, Third)

Dylan

Politicians spin so much shit that most of the time they don't know what they're saying. A CEO on the other hand is somewhat different.

Nah man, he was clearly nervous as all get out. His voice was trembling. Being a CEO doesn't mean you're naturally a confident public speaker.

Politicians spin so much shit that most of the time they don't know what they're saying. A CEO on the other hand is somewhat different.

Nah man, he was clearly nervous as all get out. His voice was trembling. Being a CEO doesn't mean you're naturally a confident public speaker.

Yeah, he doesn't really seem like a natural in front of the camera, or on the radio. Which is why I'd probably rather he avoided Twitter wars with celebrity chefs, if possible.

Fumble was probably on purpose. People in those positions just don't make those types of mistakes especially considering the importance of the press conference.

No, they definitely make them by mistake. Back before Soriano joined City his predecessor was an Englishman lured from his previous job as head of Nike's brand development division. In one of his official acts a couple of years into the role he had to induct a player into our Hall of Fame, and he started the proceedings by welcoming Uwe Rosler to the Manchester United Hall of Fame, in front of several hundred fans, no less. That mistake haunted him for years and got national press coverage, but it was definitely just a slip of the tongue.

And how's the chick just being included for no reason at all and not even saying a word.

If i was a journo, when they opened the floor for questions I would have been like, "Question for Luisa Pastrello; why are you here today? Was it just a gender equality/diversity decision by your PR people? Or is there an actual reason?"

• Like 2

And how's the chick just being included for no reason at all and not even saying a word.

If i was a journo, when they opened the floor for questions I would have been like, "Question for Luisa Pastrello; why are you here today? Was it just a gender equality/diversity decision by your PR people? Or is there an actual reason?"

I think she was the Press Officer? Edited by Falastur

I think she was the Press Officer?

Shes the head of ops in Australia or something.  Lets face it she was never going to talk ahead of hogan was she, so inviting her was a bit strange.

The numbers in sky blue are a terrible choice. You won't be able to make them out on tv or even from a distance at games. Should of been black.

I agree, they look nice but they're not very practical. Should be navy on the home kit and black on the away.

Assuming she is the face of the company in Australia it absolutely makes sense that she was there.  But you would have thought they would have pre-arranged for her to at least say something after Hogan made his spiel.

She had to be there. Protocol. Would have been a direct snub to her if she was not.

Agree that it would have been appropriate for her to speak. IMO Hogan went on too much for my liking and overdid the "branding" bit. It would have been good to get a more local perspective from her.

The numbers in sky blue are a terrible choice. You won't be able to make them out on tv or even from a distance at games. Should of been black.

I agree, they look nice but they're not very practical. Should be navy on the home kit and black on the away.

Really not seeing the issue, to be honest. I think they'll be clearer than the names and numbers were on the old home kits (and still will be on the away kits, unless they change the colour), for a start. Don't really understand why they went with black, instead of white on the red back in the first place.

• Like 1

Noticed that the NYC t-shirt (same style as the Melbourne one that Villa was wearing in his Melbourne City happy snap) is on sale on the Manchester City website (well, I clicked on the link and it said 'out of stock', so who knows?). It would be pretty sweet if they started selling our t-shirt through the online store as well. Can't imagine them flying out the door (Melbourne isn't exactly New York in terms of global recognition), but surely a few people would pick one up.

So I attempted to ask the club when the new kits will be available, particular if they will be available before the FFA cup match.

Jesus was the response generic. 

Thank you for your email – we’re working tirelessly on getting merchandise at the earliest possible timeframe and can fully understand your anticipation of the new season ahead.

Full details on the update here:

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/melbourneheart/news-display/Melbourne-City-FC-201415-Merchandise/91105

Your support of Melbourne City FC is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Mel

I sent an email a few weeks ago too the club. Received nothing as a response so any response is better then none

Yep, I sent a question to them about Heart-era player issued and match worn gear weeks ago and haven't had a response.

Would suggest maybe calling the club and going to reception (which gets you to Mel) She's usually good with most things.

I know for a fact they have match worn jumpers and more in the room where they do all the name and number pressings as went down there just over a couple of months ago to get  my wifes 3rd strip printed up.

It didnt click to ask what they'll be doing with it all.

• Like 1