Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

What I think it is, is when they first sign up its counted and then if there are payment issues with some memberships then the counter falls. I cant for the life of me remember if the counter is updated by people or by a machine and the memberships are processed by people.

What I think it is, is when they first sign up its counted and then if there are payment issues with some memberships then the counter falls. I cant for the life of me remember if the counter is updated by people or by a machine and the memberships are processed by people.

I'm not sure either. I just wonder whether there's some sort of disconnect between our Membership people and Sportsubs - or are they one and the same?

I'm not sure either. I just wonder whether there's some sort of disconnect between our Membership people and Sportsubs - or are they one and the same?

I think the club signs them up and then the processing and website work is contracted out to Sportsubs, who I think is based in Adelaide? (just looked it up and they are) My membership last year was sent to me from there to Melbourne.

From their website....

SPORTSubs SoftwarePremium software package providing clients with the ability to transact, communicate and report

Integrated online shopping cart

Integrated email & SMS marketing

Integrated member content management tool

Flexible scheduled payment management

Integrated memberships/events/merchandise/clinic management

Edited by Dylan

I think the club signs them up and then the processing and website work is contracted out to Sportsubs, who I think is based in Adelaide? (just looked it up and they are) My membership last year was sent to me from there to Melbourne.

From their website....

SPORTSubs SoftwarePremium software package providing clients with the ability to transact, communicate and report

Integrated online shopping cart

Integrated email & SMS marketing

Integrated member content management tool

Flexible scheduled payment management

Integrated memberships/events/merchandise/clinic management

I'd say you're pretty much spot on, they'd be just using the SportsSub software though, I doubt much/any manual work is done on SportsSubs end (apart from someone putting memberships in the post).

Edited by Tesla

Melbourne City soccer school has just concluded, took my 6yr old for the 2 day training sessions and I have to say that the 4 Manchester City coaches were first class. The sessions were professionally run, well organised and far more advanced in player development from what I have seen from junior soccer clubs in Melbourne's north west teams (aged between 6-9)

Membership stand was there so hopefully people jump on board.. I have no doubt that we will get over 10k members before the season start...

• Like 3

Melbourne City soccer school has just concluded, took my 6yr old for the 2 day training sessions and I have to say that the 4 Manchester City coaches were first class. The sessions were professionally run, well organised and far more advanced in player development from what I have seen from junior soccer clubs in Melbourne's north west teams (aged between 6-9)

Membership stand was there so hopefully people jump on board.. I have no doubt that we will get over 10k members before the season start...

Its stuff like this that gets me most excited about what City can provide for all of Australian football. A rising tide lifts all boats.

• Like 3

Was this out at Darebin? I've heard some similar reports. Hopefully everyone enjoyed it and there will be some demand for 1-2 week camps in the future. 

RoyalHeart, It was out at Werribee and like a mentioned it was really professionally run. But what stood out was how they treat the players (little boys and girls) its fun and interesting, its a shame that there are a lot of clubs around Melbourne charging top dollar for kids to play yet the coaching is out dated and un inspiring. From the first minute the coaches had the attention form all players, they were clear in how they explained the activity and kids were loving it...

The cost for member was $170 for 2 days and each player got a Melbourne City FC (Nike) shirt and drink bottle... but this was value for money...

• Like 4

club posted on facebook that whoever gets the 5k membership will get a free white tshirt with the badge on it. was also just checking the amount of likes they have, now up to almost 65k with a massive jump since the ethihad announcement. 

club posted on facebook that whoever gets the 5k membership will get a free white tshirt with the badge on it. was also just checking the amount of likes they have, now up to almost 65k with a massive jump since the ethihad announcement. 

Not sure the Etihad announcement would have had much of an impact. Had already increased almost 20k since the end of last season.

Not sure the Etihad announcement would have had much of an impact. Had already increased almost 20k since the end of last season.

there was a massive spike in the graph with the amount of new likes on the monday. it definately had an impact. 

there was a massive spike in the graph with the amount of new likes on the monday. it definately had an impact. 

For one day, a 3k jump is decent. I was more comparing it to the previous 20k jump that has occurred since the name change/new shirt/David Villa announcement.

on the other melbourne's team website Two massive derbies against the foreign owned, Melbourne City  :ph34r:

That suits their usual array of eureka flags and fuck off were full stickers.

Not to mention their sneaky Celtic cross on their banner last season.

on the other melbourne's team website Two massive derbies against the foreign owned, Melbourne City  :ph34r:

That suits their usual array of eureka flags and fuck off were full stickers. Not to mention their sneaky Celtic cross on their banner last season.

Always had ethnic ties since they started. Their club song 'Victory the brave' clear indicator of this. And here I thought the aleague according to FFA wasn't to have any ethnic ties at all.

on the other melbourne's team website

Two massive derbies against the foreign owned, Melbourne City

:ph34r:

That suits their usual array of eureka flags and fuck off were full stickers.

i just find it a sneaky little dig more than anything racist but i hate those flags and stickers, City are going well membership wise

That suits their usual array of eureka flags and fuck off were full stickers. Not to mention their sneaky Celtic cross on their banner last season.

Always had ethnic ties since they started. Their club song 'Victory the brave' clear indicator of this. And here I thought the aleague according to FFA wasn't to have any ethnic ties at all.

They even wore those pom-pom sock ties, were just missing a kilt to complete the look.

At its inception Victory without doubt had a Scottish bias.  Merrick, Cole, Brebner and Muscat (half Scot), all leaders at the club, set the tone. 

And I've spoken to a relative of one ex-player who confirmed that there was an anti-non-Anglo attitude on the training ground as well.

• Like 1

Is the sports sub adelaide debit in my bank account my membership withdrawal does anyone know?

Yes. And you should also receive an e-mail with each deduction. Suggest you keep these messages in a "Permanent Messages" folder in case you need proof of payment.