Melbourne Football

Ideas for Improving Yarraside for Season 2014/15

GabiBoyd

Tesla, for the record.

I spoke to MU5 PRIOR TO KICKOFF.

Bozza, for the record.

I spoke to MU5's top boy after the game, and he told me they were still awaiting an apology.

So maybe there is some miscommunication here between the two parties, might be good if you follow up with them.

• Like 1

Why do I need to follow up with them?

I spoke to both YSide Core AND mu5 prior to kickoff. Now if these 2 entities are not communicating between themselves that is no issue for me.

First off who did u speak to in YSIDE Core prior to KO?

And FWIW Ando specifically stated that MU5 were not worthy of an apology a number of times after the match.

This being of course before he decided to insult Core as he was walking away from Telsa and then run away down the street... I believe he then returned to The Gimp once Core had left.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

I spoke to both YSide Core AND mu5 prior to kickoff. Now if these 2 entities are not communicating between themselves that is no issue for me.

First off who did u speak to in YSIDE Core prior to KO?

And FWIW Ando specifically stated that MU5 were not worthy of an apology a number of times after the match.

This being of course before he decided to insult Core as he walking away from Telsa and then run away the down street... I believe he then returned to Gimp once Core had left.

He called me before kickoff as soon as he found out about the last minute restrictions from Vicpol. He offered flagpoles and zip ties to MU5 (i relayed this to Hackett and MU5). He also called MU5 straight after me as well.

• Like 1

You seem to be going out of your way to avoid the word "apology", did you or did you not apologise to them?

Because you have responded to my post that said I thought they deserved an apology, but your replies haven't stated that you did apologise.

Edited by Tesla

Why do I need to follow up with them?I spoke to both YSide Core AND mu5 prior to kickoff. Now if these 2 entities are not communicating between themselves that is no issue for me.

You seem to be going out of your way to avoid the word "apology", did you or did you not apologise to them?Because you have responded to my post that said I thought they deserved an apology, but your replies haven't stated that you did apologise.

Bozza has gone into a meeting now so can't reply. I don't want to talk for him but I don't want this to get any more out of hand either, so let me just say as someone who was present while said phone calls were made, YES, heartfelt apologies were offered long before kickoff. Let that be the end of it.

to the fans saying there scared to say hi, come out of your shells i didn't know one bloke/female in the terrace and now id like to think im good friends with them all even after that horrible season.

Fuck you, I hate your guts.

PS: Can't wait for Armin lol

• Like 2

to the fans saying there scared to say hi, come out of your shells i didn't know one bloke/female in the terrace and now id like to think im good friends with them all even after that horrible season.

youre gonna have to be the first one i say hi to now..haha

At the end of the day, just like with most things in life, it's easy to be the person sitting on the sidelines, saying "x needs to happen, y needs to change". A lot of those criticising freely admit that they have never attended a game in the active section, or only attend games occasionally in the active section.

The fact of the matter is, there is nothing stopping anyone in Yarraside contributing more. There is nothing stopping anyone in Yarraside becoming capo, it's obviously a position that doesn't have a permanent fixture currently. There is nothing stopping anyone in Yarraside becoming a Core member, I honestly think someone could go from being a completely unknown random showing up to a preseason game, to being a Core member before the next season has started.

Seriously, if someone thinks they have what it takes to be capo, make yourself known. As long as you aren't completely incompetent, or a known fuckhead, you'll be in with a chance. Better yet, come to the preseason games and stake a claim then and there.

Anyone that want's to contribute more, just say so. We always need help with tifos for example. That doesn't mean a week before the derby you send a PM to a Core member, as just a username on the forum, and ask if we need help. That means you put in the time to attend preseason games, away games at the pub, pre games on match day, post games on match day, etc, so other yarraside members actually know who you are, and you make it known well beforehand that you want to help out, because a week before the game the tifo is already finished.

Apart from that, at this point in time, the best way you could contribute will be to attend the off season games, because that is where things like new chants can be tried and learnt.

That might be the reality of the situation in theory, but that's not the reality of the situation in practice.

You say there's nothing stopping anyone stepping up to be capo, but when people have stepped up to capo the terrace, like Baby Jay , he was shouted down and publicly berated by the 'Yarraside Core' in front of hundreds of people during a game.

How is the capo supposed to be respected by the whole terrace, when members of the 'Yarraside Core' are shouting someone new down when they're trying to capo?

Instead of shouting him down, did any Core member offer to go down there and stand beside him and help? Help give him more presence?

I have not seen anyone from the 'Yarraside Core' stand with the capo and help them out, at any point this season. Not once. You can't call yourselves the leaders, and want everything to go through you, but then not provide leadership when leadership is needed.

You say there's nothing stopping anyone getting more involved, but how many people have suggested new chants or posted ideas for flags/2 sticks have gotten a smart reply from senior terrace/core members on here or been laughed at or shut down?

You say there's nothing stopping others making banners and being proactive, we wanted to make one for the game on the weekend for the Keep The Red & White campaign and had to put up with smartass replys from the 'Yarraside Core' all week about the campaign being pointless, that we should sign stat decs instead and other pointed barbs. Then when we deployed the banners at the start of the game we had yarraside core members jeering us publicly in front of the terrace over what we had made.

You say that anyone can rise through the ranks, but when a terrace member who has stood with us almost since the start,mdrinks with us at the imp and has particpated in away trips, wanted to be promoted to the 'terrace talk section' on the forums, you 'Yarraside Core' did not want to promote him as he wasn't able to go to games anymore. But yet are happy to have people have access to the terrace talk who live in Ireland and England and haven't stood with yside in months, presumably because you know them better.

You say there's nothing stopping someone rising to 'Yarraside Core'. I put my hand up to help out more this season, I was made apart of the 'Outer Core' (an oxymoron if I ever heard one) , I went to most of the preseason game, I helped out over two massive days with the major derby tifo this season, I helped out with message banners for games, I helped out with the silent protest (even though I didn't agree with it), I travelled 3 times this season and did the major tour game to Perth. And even after all that, I now find myself dropped from 'Outer Core' since the middle of the game on Saturday with no reason given at all, but presumable because I was passionate about 'keeping the clubs colours' and helped to organise something around an issue many people on and outside this forum were very passionate about.

I honestly am not fussed about having the tag removed, that section of that forum was dead anyway, I just think it's pretty spineless that not one of the 'Yarraside Core' could front me on Saturday, and speak to someone who was one of four original people who helped found this 'Yarraside' terrace, and let me know that I had been dropped from Outer Core and why that was specifically so.

The point is, the theory about rising through the ranks and putting your hand up to help, don't match with actions of the 'Yarraside Core' in reality.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with you as individuals, you are all great people in person, but the Yarraside Core as a group is seriously flawed and disorganised at times, which is to the detriment of the Yarraside as a whole.

Couldn't agree more, exactly what i was trying to say.  :up:  :up:  :up:  :up:  :up:

Edited by THB

I am saying this as somebody who is looking from the outside in, I am a relative 'nobody', and I am rather happy about that, I go to games, stand in Yarraside and chant with other people who are passionate about this club. Whilst I would like to contribute more somewhat, I am more than happy to donate money when need be, and fill in on drums if I need to, besides, it is likely that I will be studying overseas next year, so I will only be around for half of next season anyway. As a nobody, and as somebody who is not close to the core in any way, shape or form, I see little evidence of a 'divided terrace' when I am at the games. Now, just because I see 'little evidence' doesn't mean I am completely blind to the divides that do exist, it is just not incredibly noticeable, to me anyway.

However, I do feel that the terrace can be rather 'exclusive' in regards to letting people in and accepting new ideas. Of course, I am saying this as a casual observer on these forums, so the reality may be different, but this thread validates 'to me anyway' that this is true. I appreciate all of the work the core does, and I understand that they put a lot of time and effort into running the terrace, and I cannot imagine how much they have to sacrifice to make tifos and such, but I do think that Yarraside could be slightly more 'welcoming'. It bothers me when there are arguments during games, and I think that is an aspect that needs to be stamped out.

In regards to chants, we need new ones, when I was on drums on Friday near the capo, we kind of ran out of chants, I knew this was a problem beforehand, but it was only then that I kind of realised this was a somewhat serious problem. I would say that some chants need to be 'retired' but honestly, we need all the chants we can get.

Sorry, if this seems rather incoherent, they are just my thoughts on the terrace, and I do not mean to offend, or downplay the work that the core does, they are just casual observations really.

• Like 1

I am saying this as somebody who is looking from the outside in, I am a relative 'nobody', and I am rather happy about that, I go to games, stand in Yarraside and chant with other people who are passionate about this club. Whilst I would like to contribute more somewhat, I am more than happy to donate money when need be, and fill in on drums if I need to, besides, it is likely that I will be studying overseas next year, so I will only be around for half of next season anyway. As a nobody, and as somebody who is not close to the core in any way, shape or form, I see little evidence of a 'divided terrace' when I am at the games. Now, just because I see 'little evidence' doesn't mean I am completely blind to the divides that do exist, it is just not incredibly noticeable, to me anyway.

However, I do feel that the terrace can be rather 'exclusive' in regards to letting people in and accepting new ideas. Of course, I am saying this as a casual observer on these forums, so the reality may be different, but this thread validates 'to me anyway' that this is true. I appreciate all of the work the core does, and I understand that they put a lot of time and effort into running the terrace, and I cannot imagine how much they have to sacrifice to make tifos and such, but I do think that Yarraside could be slightly more 'welcoming'. It bothers me when there are arguments during games, and I think that is an aspect that needs to be stamped out.

In regards to chants, we need new ones, when I was on drums on Friday near the capo, we kind of ran out of chants, I knew this was a problem beforehand, but it was only then that I kind of realised this was a somewhat serious problem. I would say that some chants need to be 'retired' but honestly, we need all the chants we can get.

Sorry, if this seems rather incoherent, they are just my thoughts on the terrace, and I do not mean to offend, or downplay the work that the core does, they are just casual observations really.

Pretty much my sentiments as well.

Pretty much my sentiments as well.

Yeh word to that, I'm casual, don't know a heap of crew, but love game day and the atmosphere. Hopefully this "new start" can bring us all a bit closer. Love the work that YSide do and just hope we can all move forward together because there are super exciting times ahead.

Whilst I don't attend the imperial due to one reason or another (particularly being u18) and, I have in the past made a bad name for myself and rightfully copped it for it. I haven't let that stop me from cooperating and coexisting in yside, their may be people I don't exactly like the social skills of and their ego; but I consistently let it go as it is not worth the strain it puts on yside as a whole - when there is an internal conflict.

Fuck having a dig at each other chaps, go and take it out on wsw or fucktree fans!

EDIT: Whilst I may have an alignment with a particular group or two in the terrace, I see both (all?) sides of the disagreement.

Edited by CALZALOL
  • Like 2

I nominate myself for full time capo for the next 20 years. Whilst I have no experience in capoing, I am quite articulate and a gifted public speaker. There are various reason why I am the best man for the job:

- I'm 6'1" tall so should be able to see all the going ons in the terrace whilst standing on a chair

- I got a perfect mark on my year 12 oral presentation so I can talk good and hold people's attention

- I'm not a twelvie like half of YSIDE

- I played "Big Arthur" in my year 6 play, who was the main antagonist, so I have experience singing in front of crowds

- I know most of the chants

- I'm physically strong enough to hold the mega.

- I didn't think green street hooligans was an enjoyable film

- I can drink lots of beer and still function efficiently, although I get a bit sexually inappropriate

- I work for the North Melbourne Football Club so I can recruit their cheer squad to help make tifos.

I'll get the ship back on track, don't you worry.

#jimmyforcapo

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 5

He certainly is an ambitious and seemingly power hungry leader, but living under his rule in the South East I know better than anyone else that he is a hard but fair ruler. A benevolent dictator who loves his subjects but is seldom shy from punishing them when necessary.

Rumour has it RWU, Red Dogz and Tim's faltering West Side terrace are next on Tomby's expansionist agenda.

• Like 1

He certainly is an ambitious and seemingly power hungry leader, but living under his rule in the South East I know better than anyone else that he is a hard but fair ruler. A benevolent dictator who loves his subjects but is seldom shy from punishing them when necessary.

Rumour has it RWU, Red Dogz and Tim's faltering West Side terrace are next on Tomby's expansionist agenda.

Tomby of Macedon.

• Like 1