Melbourne Football

Josh Kennedy

Kiro Kompiro

Kennedy didn't work out too well did he.  Let me recap:

• signed as a marquee but cant start till half way through the season
  • turns up extraordinarily unfit
  • is clearly only useful as a high striker, heading in crosses or poaching in the box, but no sooner does he appear then the only winger who can hit a barn door with a cross is out for the season injured
  • retires prior to next season

All in all we can add this to the CFG stuff up list. 

I would say it was a JVS/Didluca stuff up!

Koren is a CFG stuff up!

And CFG kept both JVS and JD at the club so its utimatley a CFG stuff up

I am not defending CFG, but they have left the present management team to choose the players except Koren.

Yes I believe it would be better to have brought in a new manager. However, that doesn't mean everyone of the decisions made by JVS/JD is the fault of CFG.

If CFG had a quick glance at their resumes whilst at the club, they would have seen a long history of highly questionable decision making such as this. CFG have left these people in charge and the same thing has happened again much to nobody's surprise. If CFG assessed the situation and still deemed these guys competent to to make decisions like this, then I would argue it ultimately is their fault.

If you knew a guy who had a history of breaking expensive household items yet you still ask him house sit while you are away, whose fault is it when you come home to find you TV smashed? The guy who broke it, or yours for not having the foresight to see that the same thing would happen to you?

• Like 5

Kennedy didn't work out too well did he.  Let me recap:

• signed as a marquee but cant start till half way through the season
  • turns up extraordinarily unfit
  • is clearly only useful as a high striker, heading in crosses or poaching in the box, but no sooner does he appear then the only winger who can hit a barn door with a cross is out for the season injured
  • retires prior to next season

All in all we can add this to the CFG stuff up list. 

I would say it was a JVS/Didluca stuff up!

Koren is a CFG stuff up!

And CFG kept both JVS and JD at the club so its utimatley a CFG stuff up

I am not defending CFG, but they have left the present management team to choose the players except Koren.

Yes I believe it would be better to have brought in a new manager. However, that doesn't mean everyone of the decisions made by JVS/JD is the fault of CFG.

If CFG had a quick glance at their resumes whilst at the club, they would have seen a long history of highly questionable decision making such as this. CFG have left these people in charge and the same thing has happened again much to nobody's surprise. If CFG assessed the situation and still deemed these guys competent to to make decisions like this, then I would argue it ultimately is their fault.

If you knew a guy who had a history of breaking expensive household items yet you still ask him house sit while you are away, whose fault is it when you come home to find you TV smashed? The guy who broke it, or yours for not having the foresight to see that the same thing would happen to you?

That's the crux of it for me. Compared to others on here, I'm no expert, but it would appear to me that our consistent failure to get value from our Aus and International marquee slots is the biggest contributing factor to our mediocrity (at best) for our entire history. Those are the two positions where we can literally just find an available guy that we like and throw money at him, yet we can't get those signings right, no matter what we do. Nail your international marquee and Australian marquee and you go a long way to finishing very high on the ladder, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

Blaming CFG is a bit much. 

Fact is they would have been relying on the input of the local management team for the recruiting of Australian players in the inaugural season.

I'm glad that Josh had the decency not to play for another pay cheque.  In fact he always seemed in two minds even before signing on, he knew his body better than anyone- I think we chased him and he acquiesced.

And yes Gamiero is one big ganble and personally I would have Bulut as well even if he can be a bit of a dickhead off the field.

I'd go as far as to say Bulut is the best finishing talent since Viduka.  The guy is a born natural striker.  Go get him CFG.  Its a ganble, but as Kerem tells us, so is life.

bulut is headed overseas. Greece seems likely 

Fact is they would have been relying on the input of the local management team for the recruiting of Australian players in the inaugural season.

I'm glad that Josh had the decency not to play for another pay cheque.  In fact he always seemed in two minds even before signing on, he knew his body better than anyone- I think we chased him and he acquiesced.

And yes Gamiero is one big ganble and personally I would have Bulut as well even if he can be a bit of a dickhead off the field.

I'd go as far as to say Bulut is the best finishing talent since Viduka.  The guy is a born natural striker.  Go get him CFG.  Its a ganble, but as Kerem tells us, so is life.

bulut is headed overseas. Greece seems likely 

SST said bulut failed his medical in greece

No Bullet please! Don't want any extremists in the team. And you've gotta be kidding me comparing Bullet and Viduka. Bullet is not game enough to shine Viduka's boots.

• Like 2

Bulut has talent, he was better than the majority of A-League forwards when he was 18, but he is a complete fuckwit. Still LOLing thinking about one of the games last season, one of the WSW players is in a good position to shoot, while Bulut is in a shit position and miles offside but he is calling for the ball like his life depends on it. Needless to say he didn't get the pass, but that moment just summed up Bulut perfectly. Normally you don't mind a bit of that in your striker, but he takes it too far.

Having said that, if we did sign him, he'd probably score like 8 goals in 5 games then drop off.

Edited by Tesla

He can stay as far away as possible from MCFC. He is a trouble kid.Shocking past then claims to the media that his life is back on track blablabla then goes back to his antics again. Reminds of Benny Cousins who makes a cool million with his "Such is Life" documentary then jumps back on the drugs.