Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

As opposed to Heart the NYCity FC are starting from scratch, they don´t have a single player yet.. makes sense to get some MCFC youngsters on loan.

With us having so many out of contract, we have room for a couple too I would say.

If we can get an International marquee, Australian marquee, youth marquee and two City loan players that could be 5 game changers right there. I am unaware of an Asian Marquee?

Decent start within the rules.

As opposed to Heart the NYCity FC are starting from scratch, they don´t have a single player yet.. makes sense to get some MCFC youngsters on loan.

With us having so many out of contract, we have room for a couple too I would say.

If we can get an International marquee, Australian marquee, youth marquee and two City loan players that could be 5 game changers right there. I am unaware of an Asian Marquee?

Decent start within the rules.

Asian Marquee seems to be getting pushed a lot in recent weeks. Even has had a few mentions from the FFA who are probably into the idea given the Asian Cup. 

Would be fantastic for a club in our position. 

The problem that we have with recruiting good asian players is that we can't compete financially with what is on offer for good ones in Japan or Korea. Once we start getting to marquee level players there is more choice in Europe and South America for the same money. It means that we either end up with Asian marquees in the twilight of their career like Shinji Ono, or young Asian players trying to make a name for themselves and who choose Australia for a specific reason. Few of them have been better than local options.

When we play top J-League teams in the ACL, their player lists often cost as much as the whole A-League salary cap for the 10 teams!

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Agreed it would be tough to get a top Japanese or Korean player, but it would be possible to get a player like a Teerasil Dangda who just went to Almeria on loan. Proven goal scorer and tore Australia apart a few years back. While I doubt you'd put them on the same money as an Australian or International Marquee, for a couple hundred thousand it would be possible to get an bloody good player that sits outside the salary cap. 

While this could lead to spending for the sake of spending, if done correctly, we could get a fantastic player without affecting the rest of out squad spending. 

Hello All,

Welcome to the Man City family.

Not much to add on top of what other City fans have said other than to say I hope you keep your colours if thats what you want.

Enjoy the ride,its like the school bully has just found out hes not the biggest in the playground....you are....but your not a bully!

• Like 4

The problem that we have with recruiting good asian players is that we can't compete financially with what is on offer for good ones in Japan or Korea. Once we start getting to marquee level players there is more choice in Europe and South America for the same money. It means that we either end up with Asian marquees in the twilight of their career like Shinji Ono, or young Asian players trying to make a name for themselves and who choose Australia for a specific reason. Few of them have been better than local options.

When we play top J-League teams in the ACL, their player lists often cost as much as the whole A-League salary cap for the 10 teams!

Asia includes Saudi Arabia, Iraq (Ali Abbas), Israel, Iran, Russia, Turkmenistan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Mongolia, China, UAE, Qatar, Japan, both Koreas, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, etc. For some reason people everywhere (including SBS commentary team) seem to believe that Asia ends in China and only includes Japan and South Korea. by my reckoning Asia has about 4 billion people - so I am sure that there will be some talent there to choose from.

Asia includes Saudi Arabia, Iraq (Ali Abbas), Israel, Iran, Russia, Turkmenistan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Mongolia, China, UAE, Qatar, Japan, both Koreas, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, etc. For some reason people everywhere (including SBS commentary team) seem to believe that Asia ends in China and only includes Japan and South Korea. by my reckoning Asia has about 4 billion people - so I am sure that there will be some talent there to choose from.

Armenia and Israel are in UEFA.

Asian marquee is a good opportunity to move another player outside the cap and spend more money on the fewer players inside it. will allow for more affluent teams to assemble better squads.

Pretty sure there isn't an actual Asian marquee spot.

Edited by LR9

Armenia and Israel are in UEFA.

Asian marquee is a good opportunity to move another player outside the cap and spend more money on the fewer players inside it. will allow for more affluent teams to assemble better squads.

Pretty sure there isn't an actual Asian marquee spot.

I know there isnt. I was just commenting that it would be good for us if there was

• Like 1

Russia and Israel are apart of Europe so I don't think they would count. That being said we are apart of Asia we play in the ACL, The Asian Cup or what ever it's called and we qualify for the World Cup through Asia so why would we need to have an Asian Marquee. I know we are not classed as Asian but I just find it strange.

Hello All,

Not much to add on top of what other City fans have said other than to say I hope you keep your colours if thats what you want.

Enjoy the ride,its like the school bully has just found out hes not the biggest in the playground....you are....but your not a bully!

Would you have supported City if the colours and name changed when the takeover happened?

This goes for all the City fans on the forum.

• Like 1

Hello All,

Would you have supported City if the colours and name changed when the takeover happened?

What's with the aggression? He said hello and that he hopes we keep our colours if it's what we want. What's wrong with that?

Inb4 the 500 post in this thread to say something like the following:

"Man City said they are going to be respectful of the supporters... blah blah.. professional outfit... blah... we will probably keep our colours... blah blah... too early to say.. blah blah blah"

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

Most of Russians will argue with you about being called Asian.

Unless you excluding the far eastern republics which were under old cccp rule.

I have russian friends and have worked with russians as well. I am quite well aware that they consider themselves to be Europeans :) I was not aware that Russia (and Israel) are part of UEFA so that means that these countries would be excluded from a possible Asian Marquee player.

Russia and Israel are apart of Europe so I don't think they would count. That being said we are apart of Asia we play in the ACL, The Asian Cup or what ever it's called and we qualify for the World Cup through Asia so why would we need to have an Asian Marquee. I know we are not classed as Asian but I just find it strange.

The concept of an Asian marquee player has been bandied about for quite sometime in order for Asutralia to better integrate itself with the Asian footbal confederacy. The topic arose recently because WSW declined to offer Shinji Ono another season and people (Geoff Gallop) bemoaned that he was the last Asian player in the A-League. I noted that Ali Abbas of Sydney FC was an Iraqi national (altough right now I am unsure as to his status) and therefore a player of Asian background. Personally I don't have an opinion as to whether the A-League needs to have an Asian Marquee spot - I haven't thought it through too much.

The best way of dealing with this perennial question is to forget the geographical and cultural "boundaries" of the continent of Asia and focus on the football side of it. Despite the political correctness of it, Australia is not a part of Asia, because it is a continent in its own right. However, we are a member country of the Asian Football Confederation.

Some countries that have territory in both the European and Asian continents (such as Armenia, Turkey and Russia) are in UEFA, while Israel, which lies wholly in Asia, is also in UEFA.

There is no confusion or ambiguity if you stick the the subject being discussed. The problem is that political correctness has infiltrated our society so insidiously that we are afraid of using perfectly good words such as "Asian", which is in no way derogatory in any sense or meaning.

Edited by jw1739

The best way of dealing with this perennial question is to forget the geographical and cultural "boundaries" of the continent of Asia and focus on the football side of it. Despite the political correctness of it, Australia is not a part of Asia, because it is a continent in its own right. However, we are a member country of the Asian Football Confederation.

Some countries that have territory in both the European and Asian continents (such as Armenia, Turkey and Russia) are in UEFA, while Israel, which lies wholly in Asia, is also in UEFA.

There is no confusion or ambiguity if you stick the the subject being discussed. The problem is that political correctness has infiltrated our society so insidiously that we are afraid of using perfectly good words such as "Asian", which is in no way derogatory in any sense or meaning.

And just to lob in another grenade why not designate an Oceania Marquee to help the Oceania Footbal Federation along :)

My last post stated there were some ungrateful bastards here.I admit that was a little strong but banners and insulting chants won`t go down well.Remember our owners will be watching what`s going on here and on any other forums relating to Heart.They will take into account all your feelings.They may well think,as I do, that there are a few ungrateful sods here.

For all of you who are going to jump down my throat and call me a twat,or whatever, please,please have another look at our website. Take a look at all the changes that have happened to the club.You cannot be anything other than impressed by our owners.

If you like to watch good football, want to be part of a successful,attractive footballing team then leave the owners to it.

They will make decisions based on what you guys believe and what they believe to be the best for Heart,

If that means a name change and colours change they will do it regardless.They will bring success of that I have no doubt whatsoever.

Have faith in them, don`t insult them or your man city brothers.

For you rag fans here, yes, carry on and call me whatever you like but City are THE biggest club in Manchester.We will be the biggest club in Europe before too long.LIve with it!     

Typical "Bitter Blue" 

Starts off with some common sense , then cant help himself but drop one of those we are bigger than Utd crap, 

Heard it over and over again - Yawn . You will never be Bigger and you know it. Yes you are currently Better ( far better) 

But Money spent well can do that and despite the Chelsea result this morning City are still the best and most attacking team in the league and will win the league - 

Get over yourself Carpiste , Your comments can cause a divide amongst Heart fans.... 

Its also silly, some Heart Fans on here have never experienced what you & Chelsea fans have in recent years they will look at tit for tat as the future, due to the new owners Trillions and comments of buying success from other teams supporters.

Getting back to The Heart , cos that what this Football Forum is about - Not Manchester Blue or Red

My concern on the comment .."If that means a name change and colours change they will do it regardless." 

That is arrogance - Melbourne Heart Fans do not want to hear this . 

Or are your comments just a wind up - I wonder 

There was quite a few city fans with your attitude when we got taken over. Fans who seemed happy to wallow in the 'poor old city' carry on and didn't want change. You should try to accept some things are going to change otherwise you won't enjoy the experience in the next few years.

this one here :) http://www.usagoals.tv/

Doesn't show up now, buy normally just before kick off a few more streams come up. Sometimes get 4-5 options. They aren't as clear as some of the big euro games, but the quality isn;t too bad. A lot better than it was the other yeah. It use to be very stop/start :(

All the euro games are live over here. I've got 40 + sports channels so, with luck, someone maybe showing it.

I've seen Australian games on the Fox channels before. 

Hello All,

What's with the aggression? He said hello and that he hopes we keep our colours if it's what we want. What's wrong with that?

Another MCFC fan here :) welcome to the (growing) family MHFC.

It is a fair question TBH however having thought about it I honestly can't personally answer. I'm in my 50s and a lifelong fan thanks to my old man (RIP) so like a very large proportion of MCFC fans have experienced the lows (far too many to mention) and the highs.

That said it probably was never even considered for us because we were the first of the family and one thing you'll find out about our owners is that they have a VERY long term plan. The City name obviously fits in well with that plan since it's usable anywhere in the world and unlike Tan at Cardiff for instance they aren't influenced by colours.

As said many times previously our owners are very approachable (that doesn't mean you can knock on his front door BTW, you're likely to get shot ;) ) and they WILL listen to you and take the majority view on board.

You're in for a face splitting grin for a very long time indeed so if your natural temperament is to be a miserable moody git then you may wish to get off the ship now :) (that's a joke by the way)

Edited by BlueMoonRising
  • Like 3

Japan, Korea are the only two markets where we are going to find some players who will make a notable difference here. Israel, Russia and those other circassian nutjobs aren't in the AFC mate. I'm an advocate for pushing Israel into Asia though, the festivities.

Edited by Hendo

Japan, Korea are the only two markets where we are going to find some players who will make a notable difference here. Israel, Russia and those other circassian nutjobs aren't in the AFC mate. I'm an advocate for pushing Israel into Asia though, the festivities.

Can't comment on the quality of the other leagues but I just looked at the Asian Football Confederation member list and the circassian nations of Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan are definitely there. Iran and I think all Arab states are also there. Ali Abbas hails from Iraq and plays for SFC, the socceroos have played Uzbekistan in the semi-finals for the Asian cup, Iran whipped our arse a few times, in the Under 22 tournament a few weeks ago Australia and Japan got bundled out by Iraq and Saudi Arabia. So I am sure that they do have talent. In any case my point was that the pundits and some officials seem to believe that Asia consists only of Japan, South Korea and China.

Can't comment on the quality of the other leagues but I just looked at the Asian Football Confederation member list and the circassian nations of Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan are definitely there. Iran and I think all Arab states are also there. Ali Abbas hails from Iraq and plays for SFC, the socceroos have played Uzbekistan in the semi-finals for the Asian cup, Iran whipped our arse a few times, in the Under 22 tournament a few weeks ago Australia and Japan got bundled out by Iraq and Saudi Arabia. So I am sure that they do have talent. In any case my point was that the pundits and some officials seem to believe that Asia consists only of Japan, South Korea and China.

Until we entered the AFC I would never have included all the 'stans and Iran, Iraq, Qatar Saudi's etc in Asia

Until we entered the AFC I would never have included all the 'stans and Iran, Iraq, Qatar Saudi's etc in Asia

That's because in Australia the term "Asia" and "Asian" are interpreted as referring to what is actually only East Asia and people from East Asia. As per my previous post, the AFC actually closely follows what is generally accepted as the continent of Asia. There are few exceptions, Australia being one of them.

Hey all. Sorry I've barely been around recently - life has been stressful, City have been playing terribly, making me want to ignore football for a little bit, and otherwise I've been pretty low on energy in general. Thought you might be interested in this, however:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/exclusive-manchester-city-secure-deal-for-first-refusal-on-brazilian-talent-9117116.html

It's not exactly confirmed but the story seems believable - we've had a scouting agreement with Gil Vicente for a while and this all seems to make sense. I can't be sure if it would make much difference to the Heart but in the long run it will mean a handful more of Brazilian talent coming through our academy, and they could well end up working their way over to you in due course.

Anyway, just thought some of you might be interested.

• Like 1

Hey all. Sorry I've barely been around recently - life has been stressful, City have been playing terribly, making me want to ignore football for a little bit, and otherwise I've been pretty low on energy in general. Thought you might be interested in this, however:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/exclusive-manchester-city-secure-deal-for-first-refusal-on-brazilian-talent-9117116.html

It's not exactly confirmed but the story seems believable - we've had a scouting agreement with Gil Vicente for a while and this all seems to make sense. I can't be sure if it would make much difference to the Heart but in the long run it will mean a handful more of Brazilian talent coming through our academy, and they could well end up working their way over to you in due course.

Anyway, just thought some of you might be interested.

Thanks for that. Could be a better avenue for the Heart to access some more Brazilian stock.

Ian Herbert haven´t got a clue in regards to FFPR so disregard that bit.. :lol:
There really ought to be a law against old sports journos trying to sound clued up on stuff discussed by accountants.

As for scouting networks, developing players etc City have an old deal with Gil Vicente, as for a deal with Boavista that is yet to be decided I guess.
Eventually players might arrive from Portugal but I really think CFG will focus on infrastructure at first.

Ian Herbert haven´t got a clue in regards to FFPR so disregard that bit.. :lol:

There really ought to be a law against old sports journos trying to sound clued up on stuff discussed by accountants.

As for scouting networks, developing players etc City have an old deal with Gil Vicente, as for a deal with Boavista that is yet to be decided I guess.

Eventually players might arrive from Portugal but I really think CFG will focus on infrastructure at first.

Oh naturally. But the CFG is a long-term project. It will all count in the end.