Melbourne Football

TERRACE ANNOUNCEMENT RE: AUFC match dec 1

Braveheart

I wasn't there at the game so I can't say too much on the matter but I did stumble across a lot of shit being directed at Yarraside on social media throughout the game for not supporting the team in the first half which I thought was a load of crap. While I'm not saying everyone has to agree with the methods undertaken by Yarraside, there was no respect from those people issuing abuse and as has been said, if they're not in Yarraside then why should it concern them? Members and supporters earn the right to support the club how they feel is best and while I guess I can see the appeal in being an atmosphere sponge, I don't think it's fair at all for them to berate Yarraside for protesting against the poor state of the club and for sending a message to the Heart hierarchy.

Well done to Yarraside and well done to the fans and members who respected Yarraside core's decision today.

There actually were quite a few GA people who did become involved in the second half, ironically not the goose who abused Yarraside in the first half

Most of the GA people around me were aware of the protest and sounded supportive, well done Yarraside

Edited by belaguttman

Could not believe the ga people who were shouting at the terrace for not singing but didn't participate in anything in the second half, fucking hypocrites.

Atmosphere sponges

I can understand their frustration with Yarraside's decision for the silent protest, but as you said, they never participate or get involved, so they can F off. It was the longest 45 mins of crap football that I've ever sat through in the first half which was made worse by our lack of singing. But I think our point was made and the second half was amazing. But the GA just sat back and watched it happen instead of standing and singing along with us.To be honest with you (and I mean this in the most respectful way possible) I see absolutely no right for any member of GA that doesn't participate in; chanting, singing, clapping - so on and so forth, to be frustrated at the choice of a silent protest. In what way does it affect them? To those who took part in any type of active support during the second half, well in and continue it on at every home game after this. I agree the GA don't have the right to criticize Yarraside. But I think they are just as pissed off as we are and were having a go at us instead of the club. To them, we are part of their afternoon's entertainment and we weren't delivering. With such a poor level of effort from Heart in the first half our silence made it seem worse for them. At least our next home game, the derby, we're guaranteed a big crowd and plenty of atmosphere. Hopefully the GA will bring their voices with them.

Could not believe the ga people who were shouting at the terrace for not singing but didn't participate in anything in the second half, fucking hypocrites.

Atmosphere sponges

I can understand their frustration with Yarraside's decision for the silent protest, but as you said, they never participate or get involved, so they can F off. It was the longest 45 mins of crap football that I've ever sat through in the first half which was made worse by our lack of singing. But I think our point was made and the second half was amazing. But the GA just sat back and watched it happen instead of standing and singing along with us.To be honest with you (and I mean this in the most respectful way possible) I see absolutely no right for any member of GA that doesn't participate in; chanting, singing, clapping - so on and so forth, to be frustrated at the choice of a silent protest. In what way does it affect them? To those who took part in any type of active support during the second half, well in and continue it on at every home game after this. I agree the GA don't have the right to criticize Yarraside. But I think they are just as pissed off as we are and were having a go at us instead of the club. To them, we are part of their afternoon's entertainment and we weren't delivering. With such a poor level of effort from Heart in the first half our silence made it seem worse for them. At least our next home game, the derby, we're guaranteed a big crowd and plenty of atmosphere. Hopefully the GA will bring their voices with them.

Yarraside is not there for their entertainment. Yarraside exists because of love for the club and to be that 12th man. If these people want to effect change in Yarraside they should join in and cheer with them. If not then they should sit back down do what they do best, keep their mouth shut.

• Like 1

I think it was acted on by the Club ( well a participant ) JA reaction was valuable + Memorable as was the second half.

I think some of ya are being a little unfair on those GA members, they were making some noise in 2nd half - Its just that the Yarra drowned em out

I've said that it wasn't all the GA supporters telling us the chant just a small handful, the rest understand its our right not our obligation to be active
  • Like 1

You got to love ga "commitment"

As things got a little heated before half time, one of them just above the tarps in 18 mouthed off " where is your support!!!" towards the active area.

I just turned and had to replay...." Where is yours!!!! Don't fkn see you standing down here singing the whole game, so do what you do best...sit down and shut up!!!!!

Mind boggles with wankers like these.

• Like 1

It apperaed the club joined in the protest by not playing the walk out song , or the club song prior to the game.......

Still lots of poor football even in the second half - i didn't see much change apart from 3 goals against an ordinary opposition

• Like 1

I think it was acted on by the Club ( well a participant ) JA reaction was valuable + Memorable as was the second half.

I think some of ya are being a little unfair on those GA members, they were making some noise in 2nd half - Its just that the Yarra drowned em out

I've said that it wasn't all the GA supporters telling us the chant just a small handful, the rest understand its our right not our obligation to be active

This.

• Like 1

It apperaed the club joined in the protest by not playing the walk out song , or the club song prior to the game.......

Still lots of poor football even in the second half - i didn't see much change apart from 3 goals against an ordinary opposition

I noticed this as well,

As well how they did not let in Banner that has been apart of the YSIDE Fabric for over a Season now.

The first 25 minutes of the second half was by far the best football we've played this season. We moved the football quickly and with purpose, dominated in midfield and pressed very successfully. Unfortunately once we went in front we sat deeper and deeper and were never going to hold the lead.